John Williams Spoofed on Whitest Kids You Know (WKUK)

Wycket

So I was watching last week's episode of the Whitest Kids U'Know, and what did I see after the credits but a sketch about this site's namesake, John Williams. For those unfamiliar with the show, its a bunch of 5-6 guys sort-of like Monty Python but not nearly as funny. Most of their sketches are hit and miss, this one not being the exception, but the sketch itself lasted a good 4-5 minutes. The premise was of Williams being commissioned by George Lucas to come up with a theme for a Star Wars/Indy crossover and the composer's quest to come up with the perfect theme to fit a film of this magnitude.

Again, it wasn't the funniest thing I've ever seen from these guys, but I figured you guys would be interested. For anyone interested, it the the episode that first aired on April 29.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I don't know...it was moderately funny up to one point; just before Williams has a "shouting match" with his wife. After that, it drags out and just becomes grating. I'm also not sure it is meant as a positive parody; it mostly seems to be a put-down of his music.

So not my thing. But nice to see him appear in popular culture.

Hehe, nice idea. They kind of missed some good opportunities though there - like putting him in the shower with his turtleneck or missing the Boom-tzz among the pom-poms.

Started out good, ended up shit. Well, apart from the ppp pom pom bit at the end - which was actually a very good mimic of the JW style.

Nonetheless, nonsense like this pleases me.

• 2 months later...

Yes, it was posted before and I still don't find it particularly funny. After about midway, it just becomes grating.

• 7 months later...