The Official Quartet Records Thread

Ollie

During this week we have 30 titles with a very special discount!. Many of those titles will be out of print very soon, and for some titles we have very limited quantities.

Awesome portions of music from big names are here: Goldsmith, Mancini, Morricone, Bernstein, Eidelman, Kamen, Zimmer, North, Raksin, Fenton, Delerue, Addison, Bennett, Morris, Grusin, Schifrin, Sarde or Donaggio. You have now the opportunity to complete your collection with a great discount!.

This offer is only available on our website and will be available until 02/28 or while supplies last.

http://www.quartetrecords.com/special-offer.html

Cheers!

SOADISH is a fun affair. Movie and score.

That movie title reminds me of grade school kids who'd recite the alphabet but leave out one letter.

Where's the P?

Running down your leg.

Har har har.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

11845069_895712127182456_530159092205734

BIG SUMMER SALE!!

30% DISCOUNT IN THE WHOLE CATALOGUE!!

FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH THE PURCHASE OF 6 CDs OR MORE!!

We have an important announcement to make: in September we will release our 199th and 200th titles! Wow! In fact, September will be a very special month for us because—in addition to these two special albums (No. 200 is a holy grail for many collectors!)—we will release brand new scores by Philippe Sarde and Alberto Iglesias.

And some BIGGER surprises are ready for the last four months of the year!

We want YOU to join in celebrating this milestone with us, so during the next two weeks we are offering a 30% DISCOUNT on all our products. Simply place your order online and 30% of your total price will be automatically deducted at checkout.

Temporarily out of stock titles are not included in the sale.

In addition, with the purchase of 6 CDs or more, we will add FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING—with a registered track number!

Please be aware that for many titles we have only very limited quantities!

Sales starts now at www.quartetrecords.com This offer expires on August, 23th

Thank you all very much—and long live film music!

https://www.facebook.com/QuartetRecords/posts/895578733862462

Could be anything

Anyway, I'm going to order Soapdish, Intersection, and Canadian Bacon direct from Quartet due to this sale. Hooray!

• 3 months later...

Looks like Quartet has some potentially exciting releases coming up

Posted: Nov 28, 2015 - 12:30 PM

By: Quartet Records (Member)

Well, we have not made any official announcement on Facebook yet, we just answered to a message, but…OK, we can confirm the schedule of December releases:

1 and 2 – We are very excited about these two, because they are the first orchestral recordings we produce, and with two of our most usual composers. These couple of releases will be announced at any time next week.

3 and 4 – The Christmas batch: Only two this years, but what a duo!. Ultimate releases by two of the most beloved composers. Both are a 2CD editions, and will be announced on December 14.

5 – A current film. Not clear yet if we announce this title the last week of December, or perhaps early January

Very happy to finish the year with an exciting batch of releases. A lot more the next year!

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=112862

I want her super strong body.

Unfortunately it is not on this set. Except in some stills perhaps. The Ultimate Edition released 10 years from hence will contain a life sized statuette of her body.

Like FSM, i suspect one will be SUPERGIRL.

I hope so!

I'd buy this!

i would hope also for Williams for one of "the most beloved composers", but I'm asking for too much here in this year where we already had so many releases! :P

Is there any reason to think Quartet would have access to a "big" score like that?

I would have thought Intrada would be the one to do Supergirl.

Is there any reason to think Quartet would have access to a "big" score like that?

I would have thought Intrada would be the one to do Supergirl.

Well, King Solomon's Mines that they did last year, was equally "big" in my book too.

It's very much worth having. I would buy the complete edition in a heartbeat. Would love it to include the album mixes as well, as they leave out some of the synth farts.

Karol

Yes it would be nice if a 2CD set presented the complete score with all the synths as the main program, and then a bonus track area contained all the synth-free mixes available.

If it is, Matessino didn't work on it - and since he revealed in the interview that he's been assigned to be the lead on all restoration projects, its unlikely one would of snuck by he had no knowledge of.

I'm guessing one's a Mancini, because Quartet loves him and they usually release one of his titles around Christmas.

If it is, Matessino didn't work on it - and since he revealed in the interview that he's been assigned to be the lead on all restoration projects, its unlikely one would of snuck by he had no knowledge of.

I thought he was assigned all the Williams-Spielberg projects. Not the Williams non-Spielberg projects too.

I assume I read it wrong?

Might be another John Barry.

It could be a complete Born Free!

TT has just released today a Bluray with isolated score track.

Comparing the duration of the FSM release with the re-recording, I see the FSM one wasn't complete.

Oh. Hmmm. Now you've got me wondering. I had originally thought he meant all Williams, but maybe he did mean all Williams/Spielberg. That makes more sense based on context. I'll ask him.

Really hoping Goldsmith's Supergirl is one of the titles. I really love that score, and a definitive release is overdue. I actually do prefer many of the OST tracks over the more synthetic alternates on the previous expanded release. But it would be nice to have it all remastered and in one set.

Oh. Hmmm. Now you've got me wondering. I had originally thought he meant all Williams, but maybe he did mean all Williams/Spielberg. That makes more sense based on context. I'll ask him.

Based on your own interview:

MM: "So a natural synergy just fell into place where I have been assigned to take care of all of the restorations and reissues and deal with all of the Williams & Spielberg approvals..."

J: "Congratulations on being assigned to take care of all future Williams/Spielberg restorations – You have definitely earned it!"

• 11 months later...

We will announce our last batch of releases for 2016 on Wednesday 14th. Four albums, six scores. We have a 3-CD set with three previously unreleased scores from the seventies, a double-CD which expanded one beloved Italian score from the early eighties, the well deserved remastered reissue of a long out-of-print album, and a current film from one of our most usual composers.

https://www.facebook.com/QuartetRecords/posts/1235649459855386

We have a 3-CD set with three previously unreleased scores from the seventies,

The consensus at FSM is that this is the three Bad New Bears movies

a double-CD which expanded one beloved Italian score from the early eighties

Whatever this is, I'll likely pass

the well deserved remastered reissue of a long out-of-print album

My hope would be Williams' Dracula, The Eiger Sanction, Earthquake, or The Reivers, but its probably something I'm not interested in

and a current film from one of our most usual composers.

Whatever this is, I'll likely pass

• 11 months later...