Qobuz

fommes

I thought I'd start a thread for this particular legal download site, as it's pretty much the only one where you can buy lossless CDs and tracks. There's some great stuff to be found there that hasn't been available in lossless anywhere.

Just a few highlights:

Alan Silvestri's A Christmas Carol

James Horner's Boy with the Striped Pyjamas

Alexandre Desplat's Additional Music from Fantastic Mr Fox

It also has the latest Naxos JW recordings.

Let us know what you guys find!

(By the way, by way of celebration that they now have everything in lossless CD Quality, they're offering those CD quality downloads at the same price as the MP3 downloads, but it's only until tomorrow evening French time, so hurry.)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

I just noticed that Williams's Violin Concerto is even available in "Studio Masters Quality" (24 bits / 88.2 kHz). The Horn Concerto is 'only' in CD Quality.

I don't speak French, so riddle me this. Does the site sell to the USA, and can it be viewed in English?

I know it's just desserts to those in Europe who can't buy iTunes, but still.

I don't think it can be viewed in English, but it's all pretty self-explanatory. You can pay through PayPal. (Oh, and if it asks a French address for certain downloads, try faking one.)

And considering sound quality - I'm afraid it's iTunes that's the McFlurry, not the other way round ;)

Well, I think most downloads are international, so you'll see if you get that pop-up address message when you want to buy something. I think it asks for a France Metropolitan address. I just made up a Parisian rue.