Trent Hoyt

LOTR Complete Recordings Out Of Print? Being Reissued?

Beats me anyway how anybody could say they were too expensive when they were first released. There were people holding out for a price reduction. Clever.

Frankly, 10,20 bucks more or less don't make you richer or poorer in the long run, and I bet everybody would buy them in a heartbeat now for the price they were first sold for.

Doug worked on reissues in 2015 so something is coming. 

I just wish they'd be better about officially getting the word out so people don't put money in greedy vendors hands to get them now. 

Did they ever release these as a complete set with a slip cover?  I bought them each individually when thet first came out, and always wondered if they ever made a slip cover available (as they did for those of us who bought the individual EE DVD's as they were released).

21 minutes ago, Nick66 said:

Did they ever release these as a complete set with a slip cover?  I bought them each individually when thet first came out, and always wondered if they ever made a slip cover available (as they did for those of us who bought the individual EE DVD's as they were released).

No. 

On 04/09/2016 at 2:16 AM, Nick66 said:

I have never understood the obsession with putting boxes in other boxes.

I think we're just going to have to accept that these are gone and never coming back.

I feel for those who don't have them, but tough shit. I cuddle up next to mine every night. They're more important to me than family now.

That's probably it

And it could be what's causing the holdup of the reissues, figuring out permanent simultaneous digital and physical rights for everything this time

55 minutes ago, Arpy said:

A special USB presentation containing folders of all three scores, album art and the Rarities Archive.

USB shaped like a Lidless Eye, wreathed in flame!

57 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

WHEEEEEN IIIIIRISH EYYYYYES ARE SMILIIIIING

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If you go to 3 minutes in of this cartoon, you can see my first early childhood exposure to Irish culture ;) 

https://archive.org/details/AviationVacation

I will have a look earlier.

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I have no accent whatsoever!

Whatever you say Goldmember