What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

Interesting that people (here) don't realize it's more or less a remake of Solyaris.

Some of us do, Alex. As a "Solyaris" watcher of almost 18 years, before I watched "Sphere", the similarities were obvious. That being said, I still like

"Sphere ".

I watched half of a film called Crimson Peak the other night, from Guillermo del Toro, but had to turn it off because it was late and I was shattered. I shan't return to it though, because it was rubbish. 

Aside for the lavish set design at the house the movie was awful. Golden rule: CG ghosts are NEVER scary. 

Since the entire movie largely rested on its ability to be creepy it failed pathetically. The sort of gothic apparitions that are in this movie...  I've shot in the face thousands of times in the latest video games. That rubbish! Cut the strangely ultra violent sink smash out and I wouldn't even worry too much if my kids accidentally saw this movie. 

Demand better from your haunted house movies! 

Think that second child is supposed to "fix" his marital issues. Which, of course, will fail badly. He will get divorced within the next 2-3 years.

Karol 

9 hours ago, WojinPA said:

I see he wears bow ties. Bow ties are cool 

Even gay stylists say those are one of the biggest no-no's. What's next on wojo's cool list? A pastel blue blazer with shoulder pads?

7 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Even gay stylists say those are one of the biggest no-no's. What's next on wojo's cool list? A pastel blue blazer with shoulder pads?

You clearly wouldn't know Doctor Who quotes if they came up to you and said, hi, I'm Doctor Who. Besides, I wore a bow tie at my own wedding. 

Kill List. Unsettling. Not my type of a movie but I can't deny how effective it is. If anything, it should show that Ben Wheatley is one of the finest directors around. The way he combines conventions and genre elements makes his films really fresh and gives them a sense of unpredictability.

Karol

13 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Thelma and Louise. Excellent score and music, but got bored halfway through. The ending was worth it, I suppose.

Brilliant film. 

I just noticed that I was ninja'd again with reply. Took me 11 hours to notice. 

This f**king site...