What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

1 minute ago, Brónach said:

I'd actually be quite interested in honest military westerns that don't gloss over issues.

There have been many, many, many Westerns that focus on the aftermath of the Civil War, with so many jaded veterans set loose in the West.  And lots dealing with veterans of the "Indian" wars.

But yes, there are very very few that have dealt directly and honestly with that aspect of the West.

Today we go to a lawyer for everything, but in those days, a man had to deal with the situation in a more ... manly way.

Once-Upon-A-Time-In-The-W-001.jpg?w=700&

13 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Today we go to a lawyer for everything, but in those days, a man had to deal with the situation in a more ... manly way.

Once-Upon-A-Time-In-The-W-001.jpg?w=700&

Man took care of him and his own. Rule of law didnt count for much back then. All that mattered was what kinda man you were, what you stood for and how you figured the good Lord would judge you when your time came.

Popstar : Never Stop Never Stopping - sort of the pop-rap/R 'n' B version of Spinal Tap, starring the Lonely Island comedy troupe (the most recognisable of whom I guess is Andy Samberg) and with many cameos from real-life music industry figures. Pretty damn funny.   

18 hours ago, Stefancos said:

You think the 40's pirates films weren't anachronistic?

They're not as obvious as Pirates of the Caribbean was. 

Darkman (1990) - Sam Raimi

It had been years!  Brilliant, crazy fucking movie.  Neeson is wonderfully over the top.   I miss this Raimi!  He was still there in the Spider-Man films in lots of ways, but that Oz movie... yikes.

Anyway, just take the fucking elephant!

Resident Evil

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Hey these were awesome. Even some of the dodgy CGI creature effects were part of the charm. These were nowhere near as half-arsed as I was led to expect. Can't wait to watch the others. I taped them in a marathon.

On 2017-5-30 at 8:33 PM, BloodBoal said:

For a split second, I thought you had watched the Bieber movie, and I was like: "I thought this Sweeping Strings guy had better taste than that!". Then I realized it was actually the movie that parodied that Bieber flick. Phew!

Oh dear God, no.

The only thing I want to watch Bieber doing is him being fed into a wood-chipper. Slowly. 

The Mechanic

This is one of those films that's been parodied on The Simpsons, but you didn't know where it came from until you see the actual movie decades later and you go "ohhhhh, right!"

Resident Evil: Extinction

Resident Evil: Afterlife

By now I'm hoping I'm seeing them in the correct order. Extinction felt a bit meh compared to Apocalypse, and Afterlife made everything as ridiculous as possible. Milla Jovovich must have a sense of humour to keep doing these movies for so long, but she's good!

3 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Chris Tucker? How can anyone find this annoying?!

I looked up it in the dictionary and it said annoying.

Haven't seen the film. But "annoying" seemed quite apt at describing that clip.

6 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

The Fifth Element is one of my favorite films. A classic!

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Ditto

For me it's practically unwatchable. I listed it under 'overblown'. 

Well you asked how anyone could possibly find it annoying! It didn't seem that far-fetched to me.

4 hours ago, Richard said:

What are the other nine, Al?

I could drop a few titles but I don't want to upset Koray too much. 

Resident Evil: Retribution

Aside from Apocalypse, this might be the best one, and mainly because they shook it up a bit and gave Alice some humanity by ripping off Aliens and giving her a "daughter" to defend. And some other familiar faces return.

Now I'll have to wait for The Final Chapter because it hasn't premiered on cable yet, as far as I know.