What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

1 hour ago, Woj said:

Plain cheese pizza is a punishment. It's what poor people eat when they can't afford toppings. 

You can be blasé about somethings Wojo but not plain cheese pizza why its over 100% less greasy than pepperoni pizza and far more delicious. 

Next people will say supreme is the way to go. 

For the record Pepperoni is the greatest meat topping though gyro meat is pretty good. But my first choice when by myself is a thin crust cheese pizza or thin crust cheese and mushtooms

Olives packed in water on pizza are an abomination but oil packed olives is a different creature.

I completely forgot but I watched Dunkirk. Not bad. Like people said before, don't watch it from a character perspective. It's more unusual than than.

screen-shot-2016-08-04-at-3-04-52-pm.png

6,5/10

Jackie

Unbelievable but after all these years, Padme can finally act. She really should have got the gong for this one because I couldn't stand Black Swan. Might be a bore for some, but I was unexpectedly transfixed by it.

Bean.

My first Bean movie with audio description. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

The score was quite nice too: very good main themes and the music that plays when Bean is stealing the painting is absolutely FANTASTIC. I actually feel like playing the piano again now.

The Mummy (1999)

A very dumb, but incredibly enjoyable ride. The only truly bad thing about it are the piss-poor effects (I guess the best of ILM were busy working on the Jar Jar poop sequences at the time). The british brother steals the show, as does Goldsmith, of course. The original Karloff one can never be topped, but I appreciate this didn't really try to, it only kept the core plot and took it in a wildly different direction.

The CGI is very charmingly dated but was state of the art at the time. It was the second one where the animation looked unfinished like they only had rough animatics and said "Ah, screw it" and it ended up in the movie.

I guess a lot of it comes down to some ideas being completely misguided. Who the hell could make something like this work?

the-mummy-1999-imhotep-jaw.jpg

13 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

She's good in V for Vendetta.

She's alright in that. I just find that she often struggles to escape her stilted, self-conscious persona that permeates most of her performances. But she disappeared into the role of the widowed Jackie Kennedy.

Grease 2

This is the pits. The song and dance numbers are okay, but the story is basically a gender twist on the original. Lazy writing and awful cast (Lorna Luft and Adrian Zmed especially) round out this pointless cash-in. Michelle Pfeiffer is the lone bright thing about this turd, it's no wonder she disowns this film now.

Monty Python's the meaning of life.

Watched this while drinking English breakfast tea, so felt very British, but also couldn't help finding the whole package too absurd. I enjoyed some parts, but nothing more.

The dialogue was too soft and the music too loud. The songs sounded better than the conversations. The track sounded surprisingly obsolete, but was also surprisingly dynamic. The score was good.

Batman Returns

Now THIS one I remembered being insane. The problem is instead of Tim Burton making a Tim Burton-style Batman movie, Tim Burton made a Tim Burton style Tim Burton Tim Burton. Which is still pretty good, but overall a bit too much for my tastes.

Copycat.

Liked the beginning, but the relationships between all the characters and the characters themselves were so shallow and superficial. I could only sympathise a tiny little bit with Sigourney Weaver, who had a bad moment, Holly Hunter was mildly annoying, I hardly cared when someone died...

The score was not my thing, but very appropriate.

It (2017). 

Simply not good. And not scary in the slightest. The opening sequence with Georgie looking down into the gutter was creepy, but it's all down hill from there. And you know why that scene works? Because there's no loud clanging sounds, which accompany all the other scares in the movie.