What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

A problem with Shyamalan's Split is that it's seen from the viewpoint of the captured teens which were completely interchangeable with the uninteresting girls you see in those cheap horror movies. 

6 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

A problem with Shyamalan's Split is that it's seen from the viewpoint of the captured teens which were completely interchangeable with the uninteresting girls you see in those cheap horror movies. 

You mean the ones who wear nothing but underwear, or bikinis?

They are never uninteresting!

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

You mean the ones that wear nothing but underwear, or bikinis?

They are never uninteresting!

I don't wanna see teens in underwear, Richard, I want depth!

1 minute ago, Denise Bryson said:

Yeah The Visit was alright, but didn't hold up on a second viewing.

Why not?

Yes, old people that have around the block a couple of times. Capture them!

1 minute ago, Richard said:

So do I, Alex. I wanna go deep, too :)

You're talking about cleavage depth!

14 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Why not?

It's a problem I've had with jump scare horror all this decade, they lose all their steam by the second viewing because the gimmick has been exhausted. The scares are no longer effective, and the film doesn't have much else to chew on.

Of course jump scares wear off after the first time but that's not why I like it. I liked it because it wasn't embarrassingly self-serious as some other Shyamalan movies. The Visit has some kind of Kubrickesque satirical awareness ... It constantly balances between creepy and WTF ...

3 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Of course jump scares wear off after the first time but that's not why I like it. I liked it because it wasn't embarrassingly self-serious as some other movies. The Visit has some kind of Kubrickesque satirical awareness ... It constantly balances between creepy and WTF .

"M. Night Shyamalan is the new Kubrick!"- Alex Cremers

Not the new Kubrick but he's definitely influenced by him. 

And I’m like, this is the way I think of things. ‘Cause, you know, Hitchcock and Kurosawa and Stanley Kubrick, these are my teachers. - M. Night Shyamalan

K-PAX

Hey this was pretty good. Sort of like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest meets The Terminal meets Starman. I'm not sure if Prot was an alien, but some evidence is presented that he might have been an extraterrestrial entity that possessed Robert's body. I dunno. Some re-watch value in this one.

3 minutes ago, Denise Bryson said:

K-PAX

Hey this was pretty good. Sort of like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest meets The Terminal meets Starman. I'm not sure if Prot was an alien, but some evidence is presented that he might have been an extraterrestrial entity that possessed Robert's body. I dunno. Some re-watch value in this one.

Aah. Now that is a damn good, understated film, with sympathetic performances from both Bridges and Spacey. Next time you watch it, let the photography enfold you in its lusciousness.

One question, though: if Prot is as intelligent as he's made out to be, then how come he didn't know the correct way to eat a banana? :lol:

36 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Are you watching all of Kevin Spacey's films now?

Have you not noticed how Drax makes a point of siding with and is sympathetic to creepy celeb personalities? My guess is he relates to these people somehow.