What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

I, Tonya

81ORGrDSH0L._SY445_.jpg

It's difficult to give this anything less than a 7/10 ... but ... it's still a biopic leaving not much more impression than that.

1509731086_956332_1509731325_gigante_nor

Or is it Harley Quinn?!

2 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Anything on the score? It's on my rent list.

Very nerve-racking, and fitting for a film about constant dread. It's nothing something I'd really want to listen on my own though, save for a cue or two, but it works great in the film.

As for the film itself, I'm a fan, I especially love the cinematography, it just makes the whole thing look "raw", and the editing is fantastic too. This time I also saw the film with my mom, who's not a big fan of war films, but she found the film effective enough. 

with Bo Hope turning up. Yes. It was a true successor to the old 'Road to..' movies with Hope/Crosby whereas the 'real' update, 'Ishtar', was a lame POS with Hoffman and Beatty totally wrong for the leading roles.

An American Werewolf in London

Well that was different to any other John Landis movie I've ever seen. It was like he was making a real attempt to create a (semi) serious movie, but informed a lot by his schlocky sensibilities. And then he reverted to his manic Animal House/Blues Brothers style schtick in subsequent films. If I didn't know any better, I might have thought I was watching a Cronenberg film. But, anyhoo, I think he and Joe Dante are among the pioneering grandfathers of modern geekhood.

Grudge Match

I don't laugh out loud at movies often, but this one did the trick. Something about old fart jokes and grotty visual gags that just does it for me. Fans of Rocky and Raging Bull will love it.

Adventures in Babysitting

I'd often heard of this one but it doesn't seem to be the cult classic that The Goonies became. I'm almost sure the Simpsons episode where Lisa worked as a babysitter was inspired by this one. Liz Shue was cute as a button here.

I must deny the above post otherwise newcomers might actually believe that I said that. 

Strangely enough, I do remember the movie. Must be the Elisabeth Shue factor ...

I liked most of it after watching it at the cinema. But the things that bothered me (mostly to do with pacing and certain subplots) are not really huge issues anymore.

Karol

8 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

It's still bad but less boring to me than other Disney Star Wars flicks.

They should put that blurb on the Blu-ray cover. But yeah, it is the best of the ones released so far.

Karol

21 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I liked most of it after watching it at the cinema. But the things that bothered me (mostly to do with pacing and certain subplots) are not really huge issues anymore.

Karol

Amen brother!

26 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Because you can fast forward?

Nah, the small screen is just not as overbearing as the cinema screen, and the couch is usually more comfortable than the theater seat. You're in the comfort of your own home, you can pause, etc...

Dredd

Whoa, that was like a proper RoboCop movie. Ultra-violent, politically incorrect and pessimistic. However, I can only take so many trapped-in-a-building-in-lockdown movies, the others I've seen lately being The Belko Experiment and High-Rise. Film might satisfy your curiosity of what bodies look like when they hit the ground from extreme heights, ew.

On 4/14/2018 at 1:02 AM, Alexcremers said:

Is it still playing in theatres*?

*KM's law

Well thats a fucking retarded law

Superman The Movie. It is so weird. The film is so brightly colored. It's vibrant. Superman isn't angsty at all.

6 minutes ago, Margo Channing said:

Dredd

Whoa, that was like a proper RoboCop movie. Ultra-violent, politically incorrect and pessimistic. However, I can only take so many trapped-in-a-building-in-lockdown movies, the others I've seen lately being The Belko Experiment and High-Rise. Film might satisfy your curiosity of what bodies look like when they hit the ground from extreme heights, ew.

There is only ONE Dredd!

And that's why it's retarded. Two movies can be released in the same week one is a box office success the other is a box office failure and by his stupid idiotic law one would be an old movie and one would be a new movie, how fucking asinine is that?

57 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Superman The Movie. It is so weird. The film is so brightly colored. It's vibrant. Superman isn't angsty at all.

Its also has a none-villain and none-hencemen; and a painfully long first act.

10 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

And that's why it's retarded. Two movies can be released in the same week one is a box office success the other is a box office failure and by his stupid idiotic law one would be an old movie and one would be a new movie, how fucking asinine is that?

I was happy with the ""What Is The Last Movie You Watched" as it was but KM never knew whether the movie in question was an old one or if it was a new movie that he could see in the theater.

6 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Its also has a none-villain and none-hencemen; and a painfully long first act.

You are a fucking kill joy. Your inability to recognize that you are a worthless film reviewer is priceless. Superman the movie is perfect entertainment it has a great villain ridiculously funny henchman and a beautiful First Act