What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

1 hour ago, Margo Channing said:

Who cares who made it?" 

I care. - Luke Skywalker

Dunkirk is Nolan's stab at visual storytelling. I was entertained. -Alex Cremers

Black Panther

movieposter.jpg

Couldn't watch it. Everything was bad and sadly not in an entertaining 'so bad it's good' way. Am I a racist now?

That was a product of the time and an interesting insight into the mindset of the people. Fascinating as a historical document, but I probably agree with the decision not to outright sell it to kids anymore.

4 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Black Panther

movieposter.jpg

Couldn't watch it. Everything was bad and sadly not in an entertaining 'so bad it's good' way. Am I a racist now?

Fuck, no. I don't like SCHINDLER'S LIST, but doesn't make me a Jew-hater. Far From it. 

It's only a movie.

It's all those #metoo, SJWs that want you to feel guilty, for not liking a film that deals with "black issues"(whatever that means!).  I could name 10 films that deal with "black issues", which are good. Alex, you like what you like, and don't be afraid to say what you don't like!

9 minutes ago, Richard said:

Fuck, no. I don't like SCHINDLER'S LIST, but doesn't make me a Jew-hater. Far From it. 

It's only a movie.

It's all those #metoo, SJWs that want you to feel guilty, for not liking a film that deals with "black issues"(whatever that means!).  I could name 10 films that deal with "black issues", which are good. Alex, you like what you like, and don't be afraid to say what you don't like!

I don't really think the film deals with anything at all. It just sort of mentions it. That's not dealing with it!

Karol

5 hours ago, Batman's Diet Coke said:

Spider-Man 3

Not sure why everyone hates this movie. I've enjoyed it ever since the midnight showing that drew a bigger crowd reaction than any other flick I've seen. It certainly seems to amplify cheese that was always an essential part of these movies. It's a perfect blend of that sort of whimsy and drama. Raimi nailed it. Back to that midnight showing, the best example I can think of is the club scene where Symbiote Peter is completely ridiculous dancing around, yet the mood completely shifts when he belts MJ. The laughter turned to gasps (same thing happened when Harry takes a bomb to the face). It all comes together because we care about the characters. It has heart. I also really love Bill Pope's cinematography in the sequels.

It's a shame Pope and Raimi parted ways after this movie. Peter Deming was set to lens Spider-Man 4 for Raimi before the film fell apart -- and while Deming is good, a fourth film would've looked different.

I don't know why Sony can't just ask Raimi back for one more Maguire-Dunst Spidey film. Raimi deserved to go out on his own terms, without Avi Arad forcing characters Sam didn't want into the film. 

Pope's trademarks are all over it. He does the same thing with Tobey in this scene as he did with Henry Thomas in Fire in the Sky.

Screenshot_2018-06-25-21-43-10.png79574964610432751371_thumb.png

I'm just glad we got what we did. Yer goin' nowhere! I gotch ya fer three movies! Three movies of playtime!

On 6/24/2018 at 7:55 AM, Alexcremers said:

If it was named 'Picard: A Star Trek Story', people here would be in awe.

That's at least one third of Next Generation!

17 minutes ago, Batman's Diet Coke said:

I'm just glad we got what we did. Yer goin' nowhere! I gotch ya fer three movies! Three movies of playtime!

Hey Sam, that's a cute trilogy closer you got there. Your producer make it for you?

Inland Empire

Oh god, I dunno. A strange experience, but what else would you expect? Its mid-2000s consumer grade aesthetic makes it look like an old AVGN or Ysabella Brave YouTube video from that era. This whole thing is like a hybrid of The Killing of a Chinese Bookie and Glen or Glenda. Couple of effective jump scares slotted in just to wake you up.

There was something Disney-esque for grown-ups about it. Have you ever seen Never Cry Wolf, Richard? No?! Well, you really should.

220px-Never_Cry_Wolf_Poster.jpg