What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

Hook

Well, good is something this certainly wasn't.

The score does have nice highlights, but I wouldn't want to slog through the whole thing for them, for now I'm more than satisfied with the pieces on Spielberg&Williams II.

7 hours ago, Holko said:

Hook

Well, good is something this certainly wasn't.

The score does have nice highlights, but I wouldn't want to slog through the whole thing for them, for now I'm more than satisfied with the pieces on Spielberg&Williams II.

What about this one?

I've said it before, but the music, with the scene--particularly the ending--is one of the great showstopper moments of Williams and Spielberg. It really captures the feeling of a stage musical, you almost expect a crowd to start applauding after it!

I basically discovered the Hook OST at the peak of my Williams and Spielberg fandom (paid 25 pence for the cassette on Wigan market circa '94). It was one of those rare situations where I got to know the music so intimately that it actually made me look at the movie it was from more favourably than I ever would have done without it. I grew rather fond of that great Spielberg failure, for a couple of years. I've outgrown the score these days and I can't really listen to it anymore, but I'd probably know it all off by heart if I played it. For good or ill it's wall-to-wall golden era Williams in full fantasy mode, so for that it should be noted. But in retrospect and even at the time, it is a bit too bombastic and sickly, even by Williams' standards. 

2 minutes ago, Romão said:

I'm really fond of the movie until they get to Neverland. All the scenes in Kensington are quite good

DAME MAGGIE FUCKING SMITH, her full official title.

They are rather nice scenes aren't they. I like the interior exteriors feel of the production in the London settings. Phoney but not without a certain warmth and charm. 

Maybe a Finding Neverland-ish take exploring the life of an old semi-demented Wendy who half-remembers the story to have been real would've been more interesting than actually going to Neverland.

This is a fun listicle.

A Quest to Find the Greatest Movie Bath of All Time

http://www.vulture.com/2018/08/a-quest-to-find-the-greatest-movie-bath.html

Glad to see Pleasantville on there, very memorable masturbation scene.

It's missing my personal favorite :) 

Edward Scissorhands.

Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen such a dramatic and moving film. Overall, it was pretty good, though Winona Ryder annoyed me at times. I will remember, however, that I'm not handicapped. I'm exceptional!

And how could I not like a score in which a female choir takes centre stage? Danny Elfman completely blew me away this time. Not everything was as stunning as the opening, but I know what I'll be listening to next week.

Wrath of Khan is on. The film is so beautifully scored with the music placement spot on. It only enhances the films quotability.

12 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Anyone Else Remember the Cool As Shit Holographic Cover of the Jack Frost VHS Cover?

I always got confused with that one movie where Michael Keaton dies and is manifested as a snowman for his son.

7 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

I always got confused with that one movie where Michael Keaton dies and is manifested as a snowman for his son.

Honestly not sure which is more horrific

14 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

This is a fun listicle.

A Quest to Find the Greatest Movie Bath of All Time

http://www.vulture.com/2018/08/a-quest-to-find-the-greatest-movie-bath.html

Glad to see Pleasantville on there, very memorable masturbation scene.

It's missing my personal favorite :) 

Speaking of Shannon Elizabeth and masturbation ... THAT scene in the first American Pie.

Mmm mmm mmm.