What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

4 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

All of it was forgettable. It was a 2-hour FX demo. Don't understand why Bolleke is so lyrical about it. It's a very bland movie.

Why do you watch those, Alex?

Karol

4 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

All of it was forgettable. It was a 2-hour FX demo. Don't understand why Bolleke is so lyrical about it. It's a very bland movie.

I agree. Its....fine. Better than it has any right to be, mainly because of the stellar cast.

2 minutes ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

He's in mournful search of his next Ridley Scott or Zack Snyder. Maybe third time's a charm.

There's only one Nolan. Alex has a hard time accepting this simple truth. He'll come around, hopefully before it's too late.

Karol

Ang Lee's Hulk is fairly snobby, but as we all know, Marvel wasn't very happy about that. The Incredible Hulk way their way to apologize to the audience ... Urgh! Watchmen is definitely uber snobby. A reviewer even called it the 2001: A Space Odyssey of comic book movies. Am I forgetting some others?

Anyhoo I'm now watching Avemvers Imfimipy War to purge the bad taste of Justice League from my mouth, which I'm certain caused my mouth ulcer. Although I wouldn't mind Gal Gadot in my mouth. Maybe Marvel could buy the rights to Wonder Woman and let her be an Avenger.

55 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Or will everything be put back to normal in the second part?

Of course it will be put back to normal. Guardians of the Galaxy Vo. 3 is in the works - which would be impossible unless the outcomes of the Avengers are undone

Oh no! Another one!

35 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Of course it will be put back to normal. Guardians of the Galaxy Vo. 3 is in the works - which would be impossible unless the outcomes of the Avengers are undone

Actually....its on hold and production has shut down.

1 hour ago, Chen G. said:

Just make a Rocket solo film. Maybe he teams up with Howard the Duck.

3 minutes ago, KK said:

Doctor Strange is such a bore. But that seems to be exactly what audiences love these days.

The film is so technical, with every shot being an FX shot, that the director was probably more concerned with that than with anything else.

1 minute ago, KK said:

Even then, I didn't think the FX was particularly exceptional, or even innovative.

Perhaps not, but there was so much of it, because anything goes when Dr. Strange is around.

3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Actually....its on hold and production has shut down.

I know. I actually have doubts it would happen but at, but the idea that this film was at all green-lit for release after Infinity War, shows just how much of a joke this cliffhanger ending really is. There's also a Spiderman 2 in the making, just sayin'...

Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Not bad at all, though Ego is definitely the weakest villain so far in this franchise (wait, this first cutscene might qualify Aisha for that role too). I liked Zoe Saldana better than last time and thought Mantis was quite an intriguing addition to the group until she "wailed" 'I can't hold him much longer!' Loved the emotional ending and most of the humour worked well.

The score was a bit better than the previous one, but its scattered moments of brilliance didn't make up for the overall boring package. Most songs were great again.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and War for the Planet of the Apes. 

These two really withstand repeat viewings. Two almost perfectly executed blockbusters. Dawn, with its pulpy and thoroughly engaging power play mixed gracefully with heady themes. And War, an impressively staged and photographed amalgamation of a western, Apocalypse Now, and the Great Escape featuring apes that you believe in. That it even works is a marvel, but for it to flow this organically? Damn. And both movies wear it's blockbuster sentiments proudly on their sleeves. 

4.5/5 for both. 

I don't know how you all don't just get sick of the endless production line of origin stories, capes, warring factions, generic betrayal, flirty banter, cheesy wisecracks, predictable dilemmas and destructive invasion finales. It's like people want to be spoon fed the sugar hit which they seem to have unknowingly become hooked on with these things.