What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

It was far from offensive, just one of the movies felt awfully wannabe - the huge 'Jaws 2' billboard really was the only thing i remember (and the actress/daughter was pretty good).

Happy Potter And The Half-blood Prince

David Yates should have directed a Bond film by now. He's the John Glenn of the Potter franchise.

Stylistically it cribs the Cuaron film, but drains the colours. Its well shot through. It feels sorta drab and lifeless. A symphony of teen angst and dread.

Hooper's score belongs in a BBC mini series!

Glen...

Yates's Potter films are not near as bad as internet geeks claim, but they also don't take many chances (the penultimate one is the best one by far). The achromatic look fits the stories - and besides Cuaron, the rest certainly wasn't any better.

That's where all the brownie point collecting began: look at my unsubtle Nazi allegories! But seriously, they got that stuff right in the one before that awful final movie. 

I think i prefer Half-blood Prince, to either 2 mentioned above. I do like the dark visuals, and depressing tone. 

Preposterously spend as much time on teenage high school bullshit as on the mechanics of the apparently successful assassination of Dumbledore.

25 minutes ago, The Original said:

Sucker Punch

Alex you seriously like this garbage or is it just "oh, teh visuals! Sekund cumming ov ridley skot!"

Actually, I was quite disappointed with Sucker Punch, AKA the end of Snyder, or Snyder's equivalent to Scott's Legend.

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

There's a lot of German expressionism in this film, visually 

Fits perfect with all the juvenile teencom stuff.

An actor which i loved for his deadpan depiction of mayhem erupting during the making of 'Island of Dr. Moreau', one of those rare big-budget movies that have to be seen to be believed. Like 'Jaws 4', actually.

They're just unnecessarily drab in some feeble attempt to be all dark and disturbing and full of all these annoying mournful teenagers who are one step away from being Twilight-style icons. People still watch this rubbish?

5 minutes ago, The Original said:

They're just unnecessarily drab in some feeble attempt to be all dark and disturbing and full of all these annoying mournful teenagers who are one step away from being Twilight-style icons. People still watch this rubbish?

I agree. I only watched them because of the kid. I did think that the later ones were less painful to watch thanks to the D&D factor.

3 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

I agree. I only watched them because of the kid. I did think that the later ones were less painful to watch thanks to the D&D factor.

Dungeons and Dragons? What do you mean?

9 minutes ago, The Original said:

At least Marvel movies are fun.

I wonder, are the Russos fun?

1 minute ago, The Original said:

Dungeons and Dragons? What do you mean?

Dark & Disturbing.

sigh ...

DEADPOOL...or DEAD POOL...or WHATEVER POOL.

Well, however you spell it, I really dug it. Snappy, sassy, crude, rude, purile, and very funny. Right up my street :)

It featured a "superhero" that I actually cared about. Roll on number 2.

Best line: "# drive-by".

14 minutes ago, Richard said:

DEADPOOL...or DEAD POOL...or WHATEVER POOL.

Well, however you spell it, I really dug it. Snappy, sassy, crude, rude, purile, and very funny. Right up my street :)

It featured a "superhero" that I actually cared about. Roll on number 2.

Best line: "# drive-by".

Clint Eastwood's best!

Hannibal

The new 4K transfer. I forgot how much of a Tony Scott film this feels like, specifically the opening credits and scene. Dark and disturbing like the original, but with a greater embrace of the operatic nature of the character, leading to some fun moments. It’s the Aliens to The Silence Of The Lambs’ Alien. 

16 minutes ago, The Original said:

Would've had more bite if Jodie Foster came back. Instead she was like "ohhh Clarice would never do that" righteous and shit, but that stuff never ended up in the film anyway!

What are you referring to?