What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

Attenborough's masterpiece, Gandhi.

David Lean could have directed this one (and almost did). If not quite the equal of Lawrence and Zhivago, it comes close. A true epic the likes of which Hollywood no longer makes.  Obviously if a non-Indian were cast in that role today social media would blow up, but it's hard to fault Ben Kingsley's brilliant, pitch perfect performance.

Even though it leaves out some of the less attractive aspects of Gandhi's personality, this film remains one of the best bio pics ever made.

9/10

Neither. Its not being able to say exactly what's on your mind, in exactly the way you want to say it, because somone, somewhere in the world might take offence to it, now, or in the future. It's that stupid, but, because we are now a litigious race, it scares the shit out of people.

Its probably more popular these days to be anti-Gandhi. Like how we're not supposed to admire Churchill anymore because he was im imperialist, drank too much and wasn't very forward thinking.

Those are the things I like about Churchill!

Neither. As I said, its how you say it. If you say "Gandhi was an uderweight, tea towel-wearing cunt who stopped eating just so they could give him India", then that's probably un PC. If, however, you enhanced your argument with evidence, and cut out the tea towel reference, and the word " cunt", then it might be acceptable.

Just now, Richard said:

Neither. As I said, its how you say it. If you say "Gandhi was an uderweight, tea towel-wearing cunt who stopped eating just do they could give him India", then that's probably un PC.

Churchill's comments about Gandhi weren't quite that bad...but almost!

31 minutes ago, Richard said:

There are families of six million Jews who might just disagree with you there, Stu. I'm not saying they're right, I'm just saying that they probably have a different opinion.

Are we the last ones left alive?

Are we the only human beings to survive..."

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Saved for posterity!

You misquoted me!  Stalinist!