What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

3 hours ago, Hurmm said:

Actually, just to raise a point -- I did not like Holdo. But not because she was a woman. But because she held back so much information from the crew ...

laura-dern.jpg

Based on her appearance, I think she's better suited to work for President Snow.

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

laura-dern.jpg

Based on her appearance, I think she's better suited to work for President Snow.

Her hair color is that of an insecure, 14 year old girl. What a strange choice by Rian...

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Her hair color is that of an insecure, 14 year old girl. What a strange choice by Rian...

Her hair are dress are meant to alienate the audience and put them unquestionably on Poe's side. 

16 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I believe there's better ways to create an alienating character in the world of Star Wars...

So Poe should have disregarded her because she's alien? That's racist!

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Nice, but it doesn't shout "admiral"...

That was the whole point!

On 8.4.2018 at 3:37 AM, Marian Schedenig said:

Considering the fact that women are still a minority in film casting, and still haven't achieved equal status in society, I''d be fine with the balance tipping for a while to a larger number of women rather than men.

Women have a right to equal opportunities, not to equal outcomes. Equalization of the cast (or equalization anywhere) is not, nor has it ever been, an ideal in the western world. That’s the point.

It makes sense that an action film would, usually, have a predominantly male cast. It’s a masculine genre with characters that are usually required to be very masculine themselves.

There's plenty of Star Trek in TLJ already! I can bring it up.

Also, is purple hair any weirder that Leia's buns in 1977?

1 minute ago, Chen G. said:

Women have a right to equal opportunities, not to equal outcomes.

It makes sense that an action film would have a predominantly male cast. It’s a masculine genre with characters that are usually required to be very masculine themselves.

It makes sense that an action film would have a predominantly male cast. It’s a masculine genre with characters that are usually required to be very masculine themselves.

We heard you the first time!

I blame my phone for the duplication.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

There's plenty of Star Trek in TLJ already! I can bring it up.

Also, is purple hair any weirder that Leia's buns in 1977?

Oh yeah, all that talk of fuel supply made it feel more science fiction (i.e. Star Trek-y) than Star Wars usually does.

As for Leia’s space buns, two wrongs don’t make a right. Those things are damn wierd!

5 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

laura-dern.jpg

Diane was such an awful character in Twin Peaks 3. She was much better when she merely served as a named conduit for Coop's train of thought into his dictaphone. An imaginary friend.

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

Diane was such an awful character in Twin Peaks 3. She was much better when she merely served as a named conduit for Coop's train of thought into his dictaphone. An imaginary friend.

Oh my God.

I'm so glad I never watched season 3.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

An absolute pleasure, as always.

Shock Treatment

I get that this was much ahead of its time, and that it was a big mistake to connect it to Rocky Horror or expect it to resemble it, but still couldn't make it through it. I was very near to falling asleep, it felt 3 times longer than it actually was.

The Lure

It's definitely unique and original... but the pacing is off and it never really gels narratively. The songs grind the film to a halt or incorporated at strange intervals. Certainly the first rock opera with homicidal mermaids I've seen.

16 minutes ago, Margo Channing said:

Trading Places

Very clever movie. Very un-PC too, the kids today would love it. I adored some of its unnecessarily gratuitous moments too. Wink wink!

Only thing I remember about that movie is Jamie Lee Curtis's tits. They were nice.

Lady in a Cage

This movie's sick and insanely misanthropic, for its time that is. I think I know what the makers of The Strangers and You're Next have been watching. Olivia D's boobs are lethal weapons in this too.