The Adventures of Tintin SOUNDTRACK Anticipation thread (Pre-order sites, cover art, release dates, etc)

Romão

Would have preferred the globetrotting cover I think, but the official cover is good also.

Mainly just glad the motorcycle poster wasn't used -- the least classy of the three, in my not so humble opinion.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally pre-ordered Tintin directly from Amazon UK. I was hoping the US version would be released sometime soon, but I doubt it, so I took the plunge. Plus I can always cancel.

Well, compared to the falling dollar plus shipping to the US, it came about to about 10.57 pounds, or $16. Which isn't bad, but it isn't super cheap either.

And why is that?

Karol

Oh remember the days when we actually had to buy CDs from actual record stores? It will be nostalgic. :P

I am actually going the same route as Quint probably.

And why is that?

Karol

Oh remember the days when we actually had to buy CDs from actual record stores? It will be nostalgic. :P

I am actually going the same route as Quint probably.

Try to get the vinyl!

That would be cool actually. If they released it on LP.

They did that for TPM, didn't they?

Karol

Yeah that has to be the only JW release to receive an LP in nearly 2 decades. Or is that even a double LP? Has to be.

But it would be very retro and cool to release the Tintin score on LP. With Picking Pockets as a bonus track. ;)

I have Hook on LP. Instead of making it a double-LP, they dropped The Ultimate War and Remembering Childhood and put it on a single LP!

How can you drop Remembering Childhood and not get accused of crime against humanity?

Karol

Obviously by being very hush hush about it. ;)

And yes that is truly an absurd omission. Two of the most memorable, not to mention fantastic musical sequences omitted just like that. Sony was a winner even back then. If the CD had been 40 minutes long we would be even more excited about the possible complete release of Hook.

I had no idea Indy IV was release on LP. They sure did not make a lot of noise for that release.

Oh and yes the DCC Raiders of the Lost Ark also had the LP release. Unlike Hook that double LP contained more music than the CD, including the whole Well of Souls sequence. But that was an expanded release.

Well, compared to the falling dollar plus shipping to the US, it came about to about 10.57 pounds, or $16. Which isn't bad, but it isn't super cheap either.

for me its 10 € includiinh free shipping.

I paid 20€ for 'Not with my wife...', for example...

Pre-ordered at Amazon.co.uk.

I would love to buy this at the shop. But I remember spending days trying to track down copies of Minority Report, Munich and WOTW in shops without finding them

Those were the days when you could still find those in shops. Usually by badgering the baffled store clerks to order them in advance. John Williams CDs usually appeared on the shelves without ordering them separately since the movies he scores are so big the soundtracks were automatically selected for wide distribution. Now you can count the CD stores in Helsinki that have a decent soundtrack section with the fingers of one hand.

You can count the CD stores in Reykjavík with the fingers on one hand. And in Lund were I live now. It's a sad time for record stores. Something I didn't suspect when growing up in the 80's.

Record stores? You mean DVD stores that also sell some CD's?

Sad but true. DVDs and the latest hits on CD. No use keeping that other crap on the shelves. It hardly sells.

I ordered the poster too.

Maybe the booklet turns out to be a poster too!

Then you have 2. :P

Yeah, one of those useless fold-out posters with the booklet on the other side :lol:

the amazon uk price is dirth cheap.

i ordered it some days ago....

Yeah, it really is. 13 euros for the cd+delivery costs ;)

I ordered it today too on Amazon UK and bundled it together with the spectacular Gergiev/LSO recording of Prokofiev's complete Romeo and Juliet, available at a bargain price.

Great! Two masterpieces at the same order...

I pre-ordered Tintin couple of days ago and learned today it can be downloaded on October 21. Maybe I have to double-buy this...

Ordered it too. ;) 13 EUR indeed sounds like a nice deal.

Indeed! At Amazon.de the cd costs 16 EUR, so the CD price+delivery costs would have been around 18 EUR.

Well i'm lucky to live in a country close to the UK. It must be annoying for you when you buy something from Amazon.co.uk which is cheap but then the shipping costs are high.

Well i'm lucky to live in a country close to the UK. It must be annoying for you when you buy something from Amazon.co.uk which is cheap but then the delivery costs are high.

Yeah. For this reason, I try to buy multiple items, it's more profitable.

I think I'll just pick it up the first day it's available at the store. It's nice to actually go out and buy something physically from time to time (last one was Super 8). Since I currently don't have anything else to buy, it won't be more expensive than amazon+shipping.

I like the feeling of carrying the CD around with me all day, itching to get home so I can put it on ;) (by which time I will have read the whole booklet on the train, including fine print)

Being a "premium" Amazon customer, I shall receive my CD on October 24 !

Oh, I 'm so happy to get soon "the latest John Williams" !!!

Hum... I still have to decide: red wine or white wine ?

Being a "premium" Amazon customer, I shall receive my CD on October 24 !

Oh, I 'm so happy to get soon "the latest John Williams" !!!

Hum... I still have to decide: red wine or white wine ?

Red as in Le Trésor de Rackham le Rouge!

... but the normal American version of the CD will be out in December here, and could possibly contain Picking Pockets or some other alteration (or different artwork, etc).... not to mention it'll probably cost $12 or so with free shipping. Why spend extra to import the UK version?

If you want to listen to the music at the earliest possible time, importing a CD from the UK is not the way to do it.

Picking Pockets was supposed to be track #2 on the CD, but was dropped at the last minute from the International Versions of the OST. It is currently unknown if it will be restored for the US OST or not.

What the hell is Picking Pockets?

:eek2:

TAKE HIM TO THE PYRE! BURN HIM!!

Indeed! I might put it like this:

I mean how can there be anyone left on JWFan who does not know what Picking Pockets is? Who are the infidels who have not been following all Tintin and War Horse threads every 2 hours for the past 4 weeks?

Picking Pockets was supposed to be track #2 on the CD, but was dropped at the last minute from the International Versions of the OST. It is currently unknown if it will be restored for the US OST or not.

I highly doubt that. Why would they?

Just so a few dozen soundtrack buffs buy the album twice? ;)

This is the most I've ever posted in here. Have only read this and one or two more threads.

Yes. I know that most of the MB members do not post in the subforum. In the above post I was making a joke of course. ;)

Well that is always the possibility with soundtrack buffs. ;)

This is the most I've ever posted in here. Have only read this and one or two more threads.

Yes. I know that most of the MB members do not post in the subforum. In the above post I was making a joke of course. ;)

Well that is always the possibility with soundtrack buffs. ;)

It wouldn't surprise me. At all.

In the last couple of months, I probably posted here more than in the entire last year! :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me. At all.

Well, that would be a first then, wouldn't it? Or has that ever happened before?

The closest I can think of is AotC with "On the Conveyor Belt"... but then most people in the US were able to get the 14-track version without importing, weren't they?