War Horse Original Soundtrack - Tracklist (Spoilers noted inside)

Jay

I predict the Spanish Inquisition!

Impossible! Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Or predicts. Or divines. Or foresees. Or... Ok let's go over this again. Let me back up.

I wonder will most of the war scenes be unscored or does Spielberg allow music to play during the 1st World War battles because of the different emphasis on the plot revolving around the horse. My instinct is that he will leave most of the action unscored and only the most crucial moments will have music.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict the Spanish Inquisition!

Impossible! Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Or predicts. Or divines. Or foresees. Or... Ok let's go over this again. Let me back up.

Actually, according to QI last week. The Spanish Inquisition gave you a 30 day notice before coming to inspect you....

But I am loving the fact that this movie definitely contains more music than the other Spielberg-directed war movies SL and SPR. :)

Where did you hear that?

But I am loving the fact that this movie definitely contains more music than the other Spielberg-directed war movies SL and SPR. :)

Where did you hear that?

It is his hope, prediction and interpretation based on the fact that we have over 40 minutes of music in 10 tracks and 6 tracks to go.

Where did you hear that?

It is his hope, prediction and interpretation based on the fact that we have over 40 minutes of music in 10 tracks and 6 tracks to go.

Yes, exactly!

Got an e-mail from Amazon that the soundtrack release has been pushed from the end of December to the end of January. Ah well.

Karol

Time to start crying and moaning loudly about it in several threads now. ;)

There is so much JW related material coming out that I think I can wait quite happily until January if need be.

Got an e-mail from Amazon that the soundtrack release has been pushed from the end of December to the end of January. Ah well.

Karol

Ugh. So Americans have to import Tintin from the UK, and Europeans have to import WH from the US?

Well, if that isn't tit for tat.

I know :(

---

People sensitive to spoilers might want to stop reading this thread now - and avoid reading the tracklisting if you get the chance on other pages or websites. Don't say i didn't warn you!

The 12th track title contains a spoiler, which SHOULD NOT BE MENTIONED ON THE BOARD OUTSIDE OF A SPOILER TAG.

1. Dartmoor, 1912 (3:35)

2. The Auction (3:43)

3. Bringing Joey Home, and Bonding (4:48)

4. Learning the Call (3:42)

5. Seeding, and Horse vs. Car (3:32)

6. Plowing (5:57)

7. Ruined Crop, and Going to War (3:33)

8. The Charge and Capture (3:21)

9. The Desertion (2:34)

10. Joey's New Friends (3:28)

11. Pulling the Cannon (4:58)

12. [TRACK TITLE CONTAINS SPOILER] (2:47)

Here's the full track list with the spoiler track title included. Proceed at your own risk!

12. The Death of Topthorn (2:47)

Remember, people can always slip up, so be careful in this thread or any other place that shows the tracklist!

I'll never understand the need for spoilery track titles.

I agree. Surely someone involved in the production of the soundtrack could have come up with an alternate name that doesn't give anything away.

Surely someone involved in the production of the soundtrack could have come up with an alternate name that doesn't give anything away.

The Death of The Random Guy who is not important

I agree. Surely someone involved in the production of the soundtrack could have come up with an alternate name that doesn't give anything away.

I think this danger comes with the territory. Most people in all fairness buy the CD after seeing the film as Josh said.

But I completely understand that it's not nice if you come across information in the titles you did not want to know because it can spoil your viewing with foreknowledge.

If I am interested in a film and a score I acknowledge that possibility that the track titles might contain information about the events of the film, sometimes quite critical info. If I am curious enough to follow the CD release before hand down to the track title level then there just might be spoilers and I accept that. The renaming critical info track titles might in some cases lead to very gimmicky and vague titles to mask their real importance.

I think this danger comes with the territory. Most people in all fairness buy the CD after seeing the film as Josh said.

But it's not nice if you come across information in the titles you did not want to know because it can spoil your viewing with foreknowledge.

If I am interested in a film and a score I acknowledge that possibility that the track titles might contain information about the events of the film, sometimes quite critical info. If I am curious enough to follow the CD release before hand down to the track title level then there just might be spoilers and I accept that.

Yes.

And anyway, we are perhaps forgetting the fact that these titles are not officially released yet. They are released maybe a month (or less) before the OS album is released, which itself is released maybe a few days before the movie opens.

So the window, in which you are "exposed to the danger," is very much limited.

Well Chaac that is perhaps the safest and vaguest way you can announce doom and gloom. :lol:

I haven't read it and I'm not familiar with the story, I just imagined it was something like that.

Happens to me all the time. Now it it turns out that the way I imagined Tintin to end is actually sorta true.

So anyway, Chaac and Incanus, why did you read it then? (I haven't and don't intend to.)

Or are you already familiar with the story?

I was commenting on Chaac's track title under the spoiler tag. It was deliciously vague.

And I read the spoilerish track title. Not a big deal for me. Won't ruin my experience of the film, I would reckon.

Who's Topthorn? Not the horse i hope.

I am sure we will find out in good time. In the movie theater at the latest.

Will the rest of the discussion in the thread be conducted under the sacrosanct hallowed protection of spoiler tags?

No, only when discussing this or any future spoiler-filled track title

Whew! Because to tell you the truth, I was getting a bit worried and a annoyed with all them spoiler tags flying around.

I was just thinking: Imagine if we got the Tintin track titles one at a time instead of all at once? The thread would have been to 50 pages by track 10!

I was just thinking: Imagine if we got the Tintin track titles one at a time instead of all at once? The thread would have been to 50 pages by track 10!

:lol:

The discussion with spoiler tags on is shall we say a bit annoying after a while. Remember the 10 answers in spoiler tags in quotes a while back?

Well, to compensate, as it were, we got the Picking Pocket confusion to keep us busy. ;)

The 12th track title contains a spoiler, which SHOULD NOT BE MENTIONED ON THE BOARD OUTSIDE OF A SPOILER TAG.

12. [TRACK TITLE CONTAINS SPOILER] (2:47)

13. No Man's Land (4:32)

Here's the full track list with the spoiler track title included. Proceed at your own risk!

12. The Death of Topthorn (2:47)

13. No Man's Land (4:32)

Remember, people can always slip up, so be careful in this thread or any other place that shows the tracklist!

As we all know, Williams is known for combining music from two completely different scenes into one track, then assigning a title from only one of the scenes.

As we all know, Williams is known for combining music from two completely different scenes into one track, then assigning a title from only one of the scenes.

Yeah I know. So what soundtrack do you feel suffers the most from this editing trait?

Well let's see:

Star Wars has Rescue Of The Princess and Inner City

Empire Strikes Back had The Training Of A Jedi Knight, The Heroics Of Luke and Han, The City In The Clouds, Rebels At Bay.

Raiders had The Well Of The Souls and Marion's Theme.

The Accidental Tourist has Fixing The Plumbing On A Rainy Afternoon and Rose and Jlian.

Hook has Granny Wendy and You Are The Pan.

Jurassic Park has Incident At Isla Nublar, Hatching Baby Raptor, My Friend The Brachiosaurus, and Eye To Eye.

The Lost World has The Island Prologue, Malcolm's Journey, Hammond's Plan, The Compys Dine, and Ludlow's Deminse.

Attack of the Clones has Jango's Escape, The Meadow Picnic, and Bounty Hunter's Pursuit.

Harry Potter 2 has Introducing Colin, Moaning Myrtle, Fawkes Is Reborn, Polyjuice Potion, and Cakes for Crab and Goyle.

The Terminal has The Wedding of Officer Torres and

Indiana Jones 4 has Oxley's Dilemma and Grave Robbers.

So I guess either The Lost World or Harry Potter 2!

Well let's see:

Star Wars has Rescue Of The Princess and Inner City

Empire Strikes Back had The Training Of A Jedi Knight, The Heroics Of Luke and Han, The City In The Clouds, Rebels At Bay.

Raiders had The Well Of The Souls and Marion's Theme.

The Accidental Tourist has Fixing The Plumbing On A Rainy Afternoon and Rose and Jlian.

Hook has Granny Wendy and You Are The Pan.

Jurassic Park has Incident At Isla Nublar, Hatching Baby Raptor, My Friend The Brachiosaurus, and Eye To Eye.

The Lost World has The Island Prologue, Malcolm's Journey, Hammond's Plan, The Compys Dine, and Ludlow's Deminse.

Attack of the Clones has Jango's Escape, The Meadow Picnic, and Bounty Hunter's Pursuit.

Harry Potter 2 has Introducing Colin, Moaning Myrtle, Fawkes Is Reborn, Polyjuice Potion, and Cakes for Crab and Goyle.

The Terminal has The Wedding of Officer Torres

Indiana Jones 4 has Oxley's Dilemma and Grave Robbers.

So I guess either The Lost World or Harry Potter 2!

Still; I couldn't live without You Are The Pan. ;) Annoyed by the Change Of Season track on the HP 1 soundtrack though.

Well I never said those tracks should be dropped, just that they contain music from 2 different parts of the film but only one name. Eventually he started using "___ and ___ " tracks everywhere instead.

Yea, my bad. But how about the fact that "Main Title and Ambush at Coruscant" only features 16 seconds of Coruscant music before segueing to TWO DIFFERENT Kamino cues

John Williams is great! Not only you get a full CD of great music, but there is also a bonus jigsaw puzzle included. All that for the price of the single album. ;)

Karol