How does John Williams's "The Adventures of Tintin" fare compared to his recent blockbuster scores?

Josh500

How does John Williams's "The Adventures of Tintin" fare compared to his recent blockbuster scores?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which SCORE do you prefer?

• Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    • The Adventures of Tintin
  2. 2. Which SCORE do you prefer?

• War of the Worlds
  3. 3. Which SCORE do you prefer?

• Star Wars: Episode III ? Revenge of the Sith
  4. 4. Which SCORE do you prefer?

• Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  5. 5. Which SCORE do you prefer?

• Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
  6. 6. Which SCORE do you prefer?

• Minority Report
  7. 7. Which SCORE do you prefer?

• Star Wars: Episode II ? Attack of the Clones
  8. 8. Which SCORE do you prefer?

• Harry Potter and the Sorcerer?s Stone
  9. 9. Which SCORE do you prefer?

• A.I. Artificial Intelligence
  10. 10. Which SCORE do you prefer?

• Star Wars: Episode I ? The Phantom Menace

10 questions, 10 votes. Let's see how many out of these 10 John Williams's "The Adventures of Tintin" wins!

Oh, and think very carefully before you cast your votes, if necessary remind yourself of the musical highlights of each of these scores: for example, "Fawkes the Phoenix," "Monica's Theme," "Harry's Wondrous World," "Across the Stars," "The Jungle Chase," "Mischief Managed!" and "Duel of the Fates." And then think of "Sir Francis and the Unicorn," "Snowy's Theme," "The Flight to Bagghar," "The Pursuit of the Falcon," and "The Adventure Continues"!

If you think carefully, these shouldn't be easy decisions.

Have fun voting! :)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly enjoy the Tintin score more than any of his scores from the 2000s other than the Harry Potters

Well, so far Tintin is doing better than any of these scores... with the exception of Philosopher's Stone and PoA.

WOW. :blink:

Better than War of the Worlds, Minority Report and CoS

About tied with KotCS (severely underestimated here) and AotC.

Less good than A.I., TPM , RotS and HP1 and 3.

I was surprised to see myself voting for it over TPM and AOTC. I LOVE both those scores. I didn't think I loved Tintin's score but... I guess I do!

I've never connected to ROTS, WOTW, MR, or AI much. So that just leaves IJ4, and I DEFINITELY prefer Tintin over that. Though I love (parts of) that score quite a bit!

...Minority Report are the 2 biggest dust collectors

That's what I thought at first... but then, 3 or 4 years after I bought the album, I started "getting" it.

Now Minority Report is one of my all-time favorite "dark" scores by JW... (although it's not quite better than Tintin).

Minority Report is way better than War of the Worlds, but neither are among my favorites. I prefer The Terminal over both of them

Come to think of it, I don't consider any of JW's scores from the 90s and 00s a dust collector. I love em all, and they all get regular listens.

I don't think I've played the WOTW or Geisha OSTs more than once each

Minority Report is way better than War of the Worlds, but neither are among my favorites. I prefer The Terminal over both of them

:lol:

The Terminal is actually one of my least favorite scores (although it's still not a dust collector for me). Apart from the first track, I just can't get into it.

Come to think of it, I don't consider any of JW's scores from the 90s and 00s a dust collector. I love em all, and they all get regular listens.

:blink: Now you're kidding, right? You've listened to the OS album of Memoirs only once?

I never even heard The Terminal.

Why not?

it's pretty strange for anyone here waiting day in and day out for the next Williams c.d.'s. I thought every regular member at least listened to every new score Williams is composing

The Terminal is an absolutely wonderful score with some of JW's best themes of the last decade.

Which theme? There are a couple of them. I like both the love theme and Viktor's theme.

Karol

The Terminal is an absolutely wonderful score with some of JW's best themes of the last decade.

One theme (the main theme) is great. The others... huh. Dunno about them!

The film looks dreadfull too.

I wouldn't call it dreadful, but one of Spielberg's weakest films, yes.

_____

It's a neck to neck race between Tintin and Chambers!

Who would have thunk it? :)

:blink: Now you're kidding, right? You've listened to the OS album of Memoirs only once?

Yes, perhaps twice actually. I've never seen the movie, so I made no real connection to the music. I plan on watching it soon, and think I will enjoy the CD quite a bit once I do.

I answered in all Tintin, except for Harry potter 1 and A.I.

A.I. vs. Tintin was a hard choice for me.

I voted for Tintin in the end, because in A.I. I only really love 2 or 3 tracks (or themes): Abandoned and Monica's Theme whereas in Tintin I love most tracks (or themes).

Yes, perhaps twice actually. I've never seen the movie, so I made no real connection to the music. I plan on watching it soon, and think I will enjoy the CD quite a bit once I do.

Definitely watch the movie.

Confluence, The Chairman's Waltz, Becoming a Geisha, As the Water, and Going to School are some of the very best of JW's entire career!

You will. This film is its score's bitch.

Unlike other music of Williams' from that time.

Karol

I never even heard The Terminal.

Why not?

The samples did nothing for me, so i never bought it. I had the bootleg for a while but lost it when my PC crashed.

Meh....

bootleg?

Okay, the movie wasn't great, but I thought it was okay.

Sometimes I think people here have only two opinions when it comes to movies: freaking awesome or freaking abysmal. I think Memoirs falls in somewhere between these 2 categories. ;)

I love ziyi zhang so between that and the score I'm sure I'll be entertained. I can't believe I haven't found time to watch it come to think of it. I also can't believe the film and score are 6 years old now!

I love ziyi zhang so between that and the score I'm sure I'll be entertained. I can't believe I haven't found time to watch it come to think of it. I also can't believe the film and score are 6 years old now!

I can't believe you didn't watch it even when it was nominated for an Oscar, and we were all 90% sure it will win THIS TIME, before our hopes were dashed ONCE AGAIN!!!

Hell, I am getting angry just thinking of it. (that it didn't win, not that you didn't see the movie :P )

Okay, the movie wasn't great, but I thought it was okay.

Sometimes I think people here have only two opinions when it comes to movies: freaking awesome or freaking abysmal. I think Memoirs falls in somewhere between these 2 categories. ;)

I meant that the score takes center stage. Both in terms of storytelling and mixing.

Karol

I meant that the score takes center stage. Both in terms of storytelling and mixing.

Oh okay. Sorry, I misunderstood you.

Yes, I agree. Perhaps the best mixed score since Jurassic Park. :)

I can't believe you didn't watch it even when it was nominated for an Oscar, and we were all 90% sure it will win THIS TIME, before our hopes were dashed ONCE AGAIN!!!

Hell, I am getting angry just thinking of it. (that it didn't win, not that you didn't see the movie :P )

I kinda lost interest in the film score world for a while in the mid-2000s for some reason, but since 2007 or so I've been back into it and also been making sure to see more important movies