The Adventures of Tintin SEQUEL Anticipation thread

Muad'Dib

• 1 month later...

I don´t see why there could not be a JW score. Assuming they will in fact produce a script in 2019 and film Mocap in late 2019/2020, Williams could write the music to the Mocap cut in less than 2 years from now. He seemed to have enjoyed his work on Tintin judging from the interviews and making of.  And I am sure, Spielberg will urge Jackson to use Williams if possible.

1 hour ago, TheUlyssesian said:

What was the last score that Desplat wrote a dozen themes/motifs for?

I'm thinking more about his distinct verve and economical orchestration rather than his actual thematic material. Although he has shown he is capable enough to come up with at least one decent and suitable melody per movie, on occasion. I'm no big Desplat fan, but I still recognise his strengths, given the right material (I don't think Star Wars was ever it).

Williams provided an okay score for the first film, but I wouldn't exactly call it ideal.

It's a decent score and serviceable enough, I enjoyed it during the movie and thought the OST was pretty good for a few weeks afterwards. But to call it a masterpiece?...

Hahaha fuck off!! Bloody lunatic

4 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

Its my valid opinion. You have a problem with it?

I'm not questioning your opinion, I'm saying what does box office in a specific place have to do with anything. If they were worried about making a ton of money everywhere, they wouldn't be doing this.

I have a bit more hopes about Mouse Guard when it comes to comics adaptations, but I still don't see how that one works in mocap like they say they're gonna do (???) and I've been very cynical in general about the general idea of movie adaptations of things, much less of comics that don't need it.

(see, I also read American comics in English and everything sometimes! xD)

1 hour ago, Brónach said:

I'm not questioning your opinion, I'm saying what does box office in a specific place have to do with anything. If they were worried about making a ton of money everywhere, they wouldn't be doing this.

I have a bit more hopes about Mouse Guard when it comes to comics adaptations, but I still don't see how that one works in mocap like they say they're gonna do (???) and I've been very cynical in general about the general idea of movie adaptations of things, much less of comics that don't need it.

(see, I also read American comics in English and everything sometimes! xD)

While I enjoyed the film the characters hold no interest to me. My viewing and most people I know saw it because it was a Spielberg film or a Williams film. A Jackson film without Williams doesn't tug me at all. 

On 12/9/2018 at 5:22 AM, John said:

During an AMA on Reddit with Peter Jackson and the director of Mortal Engines, this exchange occurred:

tintin.JPG

And no one asked about a 4K release of LOTR Extended Edition on BR ?

3 hours ago, toothless said:

And no one asked about a 4K release of LOTR Extended Edition on BR ?

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28770-odds-of-a-4k-uhd-lotr-trilogy-release/&do=findComment&comment=1522284

On 12/9/2018 at 3:53 PM, Not Mr. Big said:

There will be no Tintin sequel

You're on the money here. Every time this question comes up, Jackson just kicks the can further down the road. How many times has he already used the excuse that they've been "busy with **INSERT PROJECT HERE** but we'll move on to Tintin next."

He seems completely disinterested and the first film was barely profitable. Such a waste too, because all the expensive development work, building the character models and all that technical finesse was done for the first film. Theoretically a sequel should've been far easier to get off the ground (and cheaper too). Oh well.

4 hours ago, Brónach said:

I like people being enthusiastic about things, tbh

Same 'ere, generally (for things I tend to be actively interested in). But there's also a fine line between enthusiasm and hyperbole.

• 1 year later...

Took too long, Jackson. Someone else is planning a live action adaptation:

Filmmaker Patrice Leconte (“The Man on the Train,””Ridicule”) is reportedly hoping to helm a live-action feature adaptation of Herge’s Tintin comic story “The Castafiore Emerald” according to French outlet Figaro (via The Playlist).

The outlet says the film is already far along in development but there remain rights issues to work out between Paramount France and Herge’s estate. Leconte indicates he’s already found the actors he wants for the key roles of Captain Haddock and Bianca Castafiore, but he hasn’t yet set his Tintin.

Safe to say an animated Tintin sequel would be shelved indefinitely, if someone established a live action version.

Agreed, don't think the style of the comics would suit live action at all. Seems very ill-advised.

But it was inevitable really. If Jackson can't get the script right for a series of existing books in 6 years, I doubt it'll ever happen. I think he lost some passion for large-scale filmmaking after the Hobbit trilogy.