The Adventures of Tintin SEQUEL Anticipation thread

Muad'Dib

I hope Spielberg doesn't direct Tintin 2. I'd much rather see him tackle new projects, mostly because recent JW sequels are plagued with tracking from earlier films, and also because the Tintin score, while being good, is not the best JW has to offer I think. And there's a chance JW would score tintin 2 anyways, especially if they think Spielberg will direct all or or part of Tintin 3 (which may be the case).

Although I think that JW is into continuity within a saga, he could easily approach big chunks of it in a very different manner, if the film is an Eastern European spy adventure instead of a swashbuckling treasure chase.

Jackson can easily squeeze the 30 day-shooting between the Hobbits and hand the post-production to somebody else.

Kinda like Spielberg did with the first film.

• 3 months later...

Little news: According to Anthony Horowitz's Twitter he will be meeting with Peter Jackson on January for second draft discussions.

https://twitter.com/bdsfgtsgsetgsdr

This probably means that they'll start filming on middle or late 2013, which probably means a 2015 release... Seems like an awful long time to wait for! I just hope they don't keep delaying it and delaying it...

I liked the first movie, but I didn't get even close to loving it. I'd definitely rather have Spielberg spend his time on other things, and I guess I'd say the same for Jackson. If they make a second Tintin, I'll watch it; but if they don't, it won't bother me in the slightest.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally, some news!

During the press tour for An Unexpected Journey in Belgium (via Bleeding Cool), Jackson told reporters that the plan is to shoot the performance capture for theTintin sequel at some point next year for a 2015 release date. Spielberg previously revealed that Jackson will only need 31 or 21 days to complete the performance capture portion of the film, so it’s conceivable that he could move right into that after he finally wraps on The Hobbit.

http://collider.com/...jackson/217351/

• 2 months later...

After seeing The Hobbit, I'm not sure PJ is the right man to direct Tintin 2.

He is the expert for the capture motion though.

He'll be shooting for the same time as Spielberg. We'll probably get something like Spielberg's take but with the scenes he would have deleted still in.

Neither would I.

Korzeniowski would certainly be a great choice.

My hopes are for Williams to return though.

I truly hope Williams scores Tintin 2. However if he does not, the composers that come to my mind that would be mostly to create a score that is both great to listen to and would continue the spirit (and hopefully themes) of the first score would be:

Abel Korzeniowski

Conrad Pope

Chrispy Bacon

James Newton Howard

John Powell
As much as I love Giacchino, he doesn't seem right to me for this project, even though he's knocked all his other animated film scores out of the park

I wouldn't be surprised if Shore never works with PJ again after The Hobbit EEs are all done

I get that feeling too.

Anyway, Shore doesn't have the chops for a Tintin adventure. Can you imagine his action music? If I hear any more ascending brass bars I'll do my bloody nut.