The Adventures of Tintin SEQUEL Anticipation thread

Muad'Dib

So, any chance of the sequel being made? I really hope so. Nothing listed on IMDB yet though.

Oh, I am pretty confident we'll have a sequel. In fact, I am all but positive. The only thing I am not sure about is whether JW will score the first sequel when it's directed by Peter Jackson! I sure hope so! Think of all the possibilities: a concert piece for Tintin's theme (and if not, then many many other renditions of this theme, orchestrated differently), an expanded Snowy's and Haddock's theme, Rastapopoulos's theme... :)

This is the latest we know, although nothing's official yet, of course:

In December 2011, Spielberg confirmed a sequel to his 3D movie will be made and said the book to adapt had been chosen.He explained the Thompson detectives will "have a much bigger role". The sequel will be produced by Spielberg and directed by Jackson.Kathleen Kennedy said the script might be done by February or March 2012 and motion-captured in summer 2012, so that the movie will be on track to be released on either Christmas 2014 or summer 2015.

In February 2012, Spielberg revealed to Total Film that they had completed a story outline for the sequel. He also said that the film will be based on two books.

http://en.wikipedia....n_(film)#Sequel

I seriously think we'll still have a sequel. Tintin was successful enough (although financially disappointing)...maybe its just me and my hopes for the franchise.

You kidding? It was a major success!

-----------------------

By the way, question to you guys!

Now that we all know JW's score to Tintin, how does his music compare to this? Did JW exceed this? Which do you prefer, and why? :)

They both capture Tintin's character quite well, but in marked different ways!

Don't you rememeber the whole "iconic theme" discussion we all had? It almost led to a war between JWFANers. Things got really ugly when talking about this theme!

Oh yeah! Fun times! :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So, has there been any word on whose going to score this one? JW? Howard Shore? James Newton Howard? I'm going with the usual Peter Jackson suspects here and including JW, since he scored the first one.

Thoughts?

I don't want to have to start using acronyms for Secret of the Unicorn or Prisoners of the Sun. It's much easier to just refer to it as Tintin.

Now that Jackson finished with the principal photography of The Hobbit, we might be starting to get some news regarding the sequel...

I'm actually quite excited. Prisoners of the Sun would be perfect for Jackson. Or Flight 714, I would love to see that one too.

I don't want to have to start using acronyms for Secret of the Unicorn or Prisoners of the Sun. It's much easier to just refer to it as Tintin.

TTSotU and PotS

Now that Jackson finished with the principal photography of The Hobbit, we might be starting to get some news regarding the sequel...

i expect the second Tintin to be delayed many years or dropped

If the option is another Tintin score for JW or an extra few months with no new JW releases, I'll easily take the former. But if the choices are a brand new score by JW or a Tintin sequel score, I'll easily take the former. Of the two possibilities, I think it'll be the former.

I think the possibility of another Williams Tintin score are very remote

Perhaps Spielberg will 'encourage' Williams to score the sequel. And besides, Kathleen Kennedy said that even though Jackson will shoot this year, the finished film won't be out until Christmas 2014 or summer 2015.

Not to mention Weta Digital -- who did all the animation and effects work -- had the luxury of almost 2 years to get it done (in between all those other jobs they had to finish). If Paramount and Sony wanted a 2013 release, the production would have to split the work between several effects houses and bunk down to get it all done. And with Jackson directing the sequel, Weta's going to do all the work again. So provided Jackson shoots all the live-action footage this year, and work starts in 2013 -- a late 2014 or mid-2015 date is on the mark.

Well, the first film didn't make a big splash and can hardly be called a hit. That's why I'm afraid they might cancel a second movie.

I'm sure a sequel will get made. However; it remains to be seen whether Spielberg and Jackson will be as much involved creatively as they were on the first instalment.

Hah, I would love to see the fallout of a JW/HS-collaboration...

"Anyone who considers 'Concerning Tintin' to be better than 'The Fighting Scene' must obviously be a Zimmer fan, to tolerate such f*****g atrocious noise".

Well, the first film didn't make a big splash and can hardly be called a hit. That's why I'm afraid they might cancel a second movie.

PJ isn't going to let that one go.

I'm sure a sequel will get made. However; it remains to be seen whether Spielberg and Jackson will be as much involved creatively as they were on the first instalment.

Spielberg's gone on record saying that he would love to direct a third Tintin movie, since he "had so much fun doing" the first film. I've heard previous rumors saying that Jackson and Spielberg co-directing the third movie, but I think there would be a clash of work style and egos. Spielberg likes to work fast, shoot a minimal amount of takes, and have the film locked within a reasonable timeframe. Whereas Jackson likes shooting from multiple angles and likes working on his films up until the very last minute.

Wasn't that said by PJ and SS when they still thought they working on a franchise as big as Harry Potter, POTC or Twilight...?

• 2 weeks later...

Peter Jackson talks about superheroes and Tintin.

The filmmakers plan to switch roles on the next one, with Jackson directing a follow-up that he said will move Tintin "to a slightly different genre, a slightly less of a rollicking adventure and something a bit more, a little bit more of a sort of espionage type of story. So it's a slight tone shift, which I think will be good."

Jackson said he hopes to spend five or six weeks next year doing the motion-capture shoot, while he's finishing part two of "The Hobbit." The first "Hobbit" film hits theaters this December, with the second following a year later.

Spielberg and Jackson have not decided what to do with "Tintin" after the second movie.

"We have talked about us co-directing at some stage, but we have talked about the idea of bringing in a third filmmaker," Jackson said. "But then, we've said, `You know what? If we're having so much fun, it's something we might just want to keep on doing ourselves.' So we certainly haven't put our minds quite into a third film yet."

I didn't know PJ is making two Hobbit films... :blink:

Maybe even three, dude!

That theory is ridiculous people! Give it up. We're not getting 3 Hobbit films. Just extended editions!

I didn't know PJ is making two Hobbit films... :blink:

Maybe even three, dude!

That theory is ridiculous people! Give it up. We're not getting 3 Hobbit films. Just extended editions!

Three extended editions, that is!

:kaboom:

• 2 weeks later...