The Adventures of Tintin SEQUEL Anticipation thread

Muad'Dib

As much as I love Giacchino, he doesn't seem right to me for this project, even though he's knocked all his other animated film scores out of the park

I feel the same, although funnily enough when I was trying to imagine what the music in Tintin should be like I kept going back to some cues of his like The Paper Chase or Get Out of Jail Free Card.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I can see that happening. The first Tintin film looked like a more relaxed project for Williams with lot of time to adjust things and let the music be more expressive. I can totally see him wanting to come back.

Karol

Have Shore and Jacko fallen out again or something?

Would rather have another Tintin movie instead of a third Hobbit movie. Or better yet let PJ do whatever he wants and leave Tintin to Spielberg.

Oh yeah, absolutely. I would love him to go full on jazz-mode this one, although that would certainly displease a lot of people around here.

While it could indeed be rather fascinating and suitable for the film I would not want to own the cd, so yes, that's a no from me.

• 3 months later...

My French is a little shaky so somebody please confirm...but it looks like the script for Tintin 2 is finished!

http://cinema.jeuxactu.com/news-cinema-tintin-2-le-temple-du-soleil-le-film-de-peter-jackson-22956.htm

Sorry. it means the current script has been terminated.

Back again to the drawing board :(

J/K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

The original plan was for Spielberg to direct Tintin 1, PJ direct Tintin 2, and them to co-direct Tintin 3. Nobody knows if that's changed or not.

Actually, in the article, they say that PJ was originally going to direct just the sequel, but he then realized that there was so much he wanted to tell that it couldn't fit in just one film. So they decided to split the sequel into three films, all directed by him.

Dear lord. That jokes never gets old.

• 9 months later...
Hi folks, I am back. (Tim)
*I will be keep us updated on status of The Adventures of Tintin: Prisoners of the Sun:
-> It is currently planned for 2016. The second part of this animated story will bring to the viewers new adventures of the main character that will be looking for the Professor Calculus kidnapped by Peruvian Indians. Tintin will be captured by the descendants of the Incas, and he will find himself in grave danger. But the savvy of the boy will help the prisoners to escape death and return home with the treasures of the Incas in hand.
#Tintin2

https://www.facebook.com/welovetintin/photos/a.106264432799777.11849.103731823053038/755440814548799/?type=1

Does this guy have any basis for this claim?

• 2 weeks later...
Well I was finally able to track Sir Peter Jackson in an interview he had in December 2014 with the Daily Beast. When he was asked about The Adventures of Tintin sequel, Jackson responded that he was going to do the Tintin sequel at some point and time, but right now he wants to do a couple movies that are based around his native country of New Zealand. What a bummer! :(

http://welovetintin.weebly.com/tintin-2-news/what-are-you-doing-peter-jackson-what-about-our-tintin-sequel

Well I was finally able to track Sir Peter Jackson in an interview he had in December 2014 with the Daily Beast. When he was asked about The Adventures of Tintin sequel, Jackson responded that he was going to do the Tintin sequel at some point and time, but right now he wants to do a couple movies that are based around his native country of New Zealand. What a bummer! :(

http://welovetintin.weebly.com/tintin-2-news/what-are-you-doing-peter-jackson-what-about-our-tintin-sequel

Er...hasn't he already done 6 movies that were based in NZ?