Zelda Ballad of the Goddess - Orchestral Transcription

Swordfish392

How do you like it? (the last part of the piece is missing...also I left out the obvious things like dynamics, perc, etc)

I'm quite unsure about the brass from bar 18 to 24 and 56 to 59....any advice?

...you'll find the recording here:

zelda skyward sword transcription incompl..pdf

Is there supposed to be a recording of yours here too?

or are you pointing out something about the performance below?

and to let you know, the other recording used for the trailer is also orchestral.

• 10 months later...

Your brass sounds pretty good to me. I've been inputting it into Sibelius so I can hear it, and it sounds awesome, but you have definitely missed out a little with the horns between bars 49-56. In bar 49/3, where the first and second horns play an A, it should be a D. Then it goes D- E- F- F-- E- D--- E- F- G- A--- G--- E--------- (the dashes indicate how many beats/crotchets the notes should be played for, as I can't work out a better way to write it...). Hope this helps!

Joe

Is there supposed to be a recording of yours here too?

or are you pointing out something about the performance below?

and to let you know, the other recording used for the trailer is also orchestral.

He's talking about the score he transcribed and attached under the video.

Nice work!!

• 5 months later...

Youve gotta be kidding me.

Im new to John Williams Fan Network. I am just a 6th grade kid dreaming to become a composer, and what better role model than John williams? So I had heard ballad of the goddess on tv, and I knew I had to transpose it and send it to the local orchestra. So I began, and for a month I vigourously worked to write the orchestral transcription. I had been trying, and then I come to this site to find it was already done.

Good job. Not Good. Great Job! Im so jealous:)

But I still will figure it out on my own( though I am tempted to take a peek at what you have written) and post it here as soon as I am finished.

It is a beautiful song and the video game is great too.

:):) :)

moses.zeidan,

thanks for your kind words, actually this was one of my early transcriptions, there where lots of things I didn't knew at this point of time.

just in the case it's of interest I attached another snippet from the concert which I transcribed, including a cubase mockup,

cheers!

EDIT:here's another transcription by me, including mockup. Enjoy, and please let me know your thoughts.

zelda symphony mockup.mp3

zelda theme.pdf

revolution studios logo.pdf