Sony Classical's Phantom Menace 3D soundtrack CD

Jay

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and maybe music for the first 2 Harry Potter films

You didn't by some chance miss the leak of the SS recording sessions?

Yeah I do have that. But I meant an Official Product. I'm not too much of a fan of Fan made Albums unless it has no SFX like the SS Recording Sessions

Supposedly, Lucasfilm was "seriously considering" releasing the [complete] prequel scores. I guess they didn't consider it seriously enough.

I heard of back in 2002 A Ultimate Edition to Episode II was suppose to be released but the people at Lucasfilm LTD got pissed off at Sony Classical so they never actually released one -___-

why did the people at Lucasfilm get pissed off at Sony classical?

Because the Episode I Ultimate Edition was "Supposently a Complete Score" which was misleading so Sony was going to make one for Episode II

I didn't read about any video game release containing tons of unreleased Episode 3 music. Is that buried in the Prequel resource thread?

I think that new Star Wars game has more Episode III music

I heard that TPM UE didn't sell as well as expected, and that's what caused them to ditch the AotC UE idea. But that was from somebody on this MB a long time ago (I dont' remember who).

I didn't read about any video game release containing tons of unreleased Episode 3 music. Is that buried in the Prequel resource thread?

The Old Republic, its a Pre-prequel MMPORG

I heard that TPM UE didn't sell as well as expected, and that's what caused them to ditch the AotC UE idea. But that was from somebody on this MB a long time ago (I dont' remember who).

I think ggtuk2005 said something about that

I see

:|

There's also a thread devoted to The Old Republic

Were missing about 6 minutes from the RotS complete score now, mainly the dark middle part of Padme's Visit, Padme's Funeral/Finale , and the tail end of a few other cues. The music we have in the games ( 2 hours, 1 minute of it) is good quality, SFX free and can be edited (almost) perfectly

Is that the same edit that's on ffshrine with this tracklist:

Disc 1

01 Fox Fanfare :22

02 Star Wars Main Title and the Battle over Coruscant 8:00

03 The Elevator Scene 3:00

04 Count Dooku’s Entrance :49

05 The Death of Dooku 2:02

06 Grievous and the Droids 3:27

07 Another Happy Landing :41

08 Revisiting Padmé 1:33

09 Grievous Travels to Palpatine 1:51

10 Scenes and Dreams 5:14

11 Be Careful of Your Friend 1:32

12 Council Meeting 3:29

13 Hold Me :43

14 Palpatine’s TV Set 1:38

15 Palpatine’s Big Pitch 3:17

16 Good Bye Old Friend 2:38

17 Going to Utapau 2:18

18 Riding the Lizard 1:26

19 Obi-Wan Faces Death :19

20 Drawing Swords :08

21 Good Guys Arrive :26

22 Palpatine’s Seduction 2:30

23 Rolling with Grievous :56

24 Fighting with Grievous 1:37

25 Dialogue with Mace 1:38

26 Padmé’s Ruminations 1:36

27 I am the Senate 6:08

28 Palpatine Instructs Anakin 2:02

29 Lament 4:24

30 Bail’s Escape :37

31 Swimming, Droids and Yoda Farewell 2:14

Disc 2

01 News of the Attack 1:59

02 Moving Things Along 4:17

03 Anakin’s Dark Deeds 2:14

04 It Can’t Be 5:12

05 A Moody Trip :58

06 Padmé’s Visit 3:20

07 Heroes Collide 4:38

08 Yoda vs. Sidious 1:33

09 Yoda Falls :18

10 The Boys Continue 2:09

11 Yoda to Exile :07

12 Revenge of Sith 2:43

13 The Immolation Scene 2:41

14 Anakin Crawling 1:07

15 The Birth of the Twins 2:38

16 Padmé’s Death 2:12

17 Plans for the Twins 1:40

18 Padmé’s Funeral :29

19 A Home for the Twins and End Credits 13:05

20 Lament (Album Version) 4:27

21 Moving Things Along (Album Mix) 4:14

22 Revenge of Sith DVD Version 3:42

Yes, the one just posted by Star Wars Fan786

that's a good one if you don't fell like making it yourself. It doesn't use DVD rips to fill the gaps

you think that the Prequel Trilogy would had the same respect like the Prequels but No! its been a decade since Episode I was released and still no complete score

I'm still good with the Ultimate Edition. Although I'm mainly looking for an expanded release for Episode II and III

and maybe music for the first 2 Harry Potter films

I want all the potters

and star wars

and jurassic park(s)

and Indy 4

and spider-man 3

although not all owned by sony....my money shall go elsewhere, and not to them, which is a shame as I would gladly lay down any (reasonable) price for them.

I love that the website that's crosspromoting says his face is tatooed. If I'm not mistaken, that's how his people look and the more evil you get, the darker it becomes... and the bigger the horns... but thats ok

I hate sony for releasing it again. and again. and again. It's utter lunacy.

It reeks of Lucas though. Reissuing the same thing in a different packaging? Isn't that Lucas' call mark? I mean hello lol...

But money is to be had... and advertising... it's inessence a reprint with a different cover booklet. Rather than continuing to reprint the old set to keep it on shelves, they're just changing the booklets. It's a small change and enough to get a few people to shell out $20 for what they already had.

I love the Complete Score to Episode I btw. Do what you can to hear it. Do anything! It is by far the best modern score by Williams since the 90's.

I think there was something about Sony and Lucasfilm being completely surprised by all the fan backlash they received for the TPM UE. When it turned out people were ripping DVD and game audio and making their own soundtracks, they genuinely thought an isolated score on CD was what people wanted. After everyone got pissed off for getting an entire CD's worth of new music, Sony and Lucasfilm basically went, "well, screw these guys. We give them what they want and they still bitch and moan. Not worth the effort."

A sad tale indeed.

It only ended badly because they were unwilling to listen to where they had gone wrong, and had a complete lack of understanding about why people were using DVD/game rips.

These companies need to learn that there is a reason the speciality labels hire the producers that they do.

Is that the same edit that's on ffshrine with this tracklist:

Disc 1

01 Fox Fanfare :22

02 Star Wars Main Title and the Battle over Coruscant 8:00

03 The Elevator Scene 3:00

04 Count Dooku’s Entrance :49

05 The Death of Dooku 2:02

06 Grievous and the Droids 3:27

07 Another Happy Landing :41

08 Revisiting Padmé 1:33

09 Grievous Travels to Palpatine 1:51

10 Scenes and Dreams 5:14

11 Be Careful of Your Friend 1:32

12 Council Meeting 3:29

13 Hold Me :43

14 Palpatine’s TV Set 1:38

15 Palpatine’s Big Pitch 3:17

16 Good Bye Old Friend 2:38

17 Going to Utapau 2:18

18 Riding the Lizard 1:26

19 Obi-Wan Faces Death :19

20 Drawing Swords :08

21 Good Guys Arrive :26

22 Palpatine’s Seduction 2:30

23 Rolling with Grievous :56

24 Fighting with Grievous 1:37

25 Dialogue with Mace 1:38

26 Padmé’s Ruminations 1:36

27 I am the Senate 6:08

28 Palpatine Instructs Anakin 2:02

29 Lament 4:24

30 Bail’s Escape :37

31 Swimming, Droids and Yoda Farewell 2:14

Disc 2

01 News of the Attack 1:59

02 Moving Things Along 4:17

03 Anakin’s Dark Deeds 2:14

04 It Can’t Be 5:12

05 A Moody Trip :58

06 Padmé’s Visit 3:20

07 Heroes Collide 4:38

08 Yoda vs. Sidious 1:33

09 Yoda Falls :18

10 The Boys Continue 2:09

11 Yoda to Exile :07

12 Revenge of Sith 2:43

13 The Immolation Scene 2:41

14 Anakin Crawling 1:07

15 The Birth of the Twins 2:38

16 Padmé’s Death 2:12

17 Plans for the Twins 1:40

18 Padmé’s Funeral :29

19 A Home for the Twins and End Credits 13:05

20 Lament (Album Version) 4:27

21 Moving Things Along (Album Mix) 4:14

22 Revenge of Sith DVD Version 3:42

That's my edit, i'm StarWarsFan786 on ffshrine.

...Do you like it? ;)

Actually the JWFAN member who reported about the "Ultimate Edition" style for AOTC that was supposed to be released was Oncelot(sp?). He obviously doesn't post here any more. I remember back in 2002 when he reported about that. I think most of us sort of brushed it off thinking it wasn't real. However, with a lot of the AOTC music in TFU 1, 2 and in TOR being film version edits, it seems like those reports ended up being real after all. I heard a couple of tracks in the TOR game rips that were from the Geonosis cues and were the exact film version edits.

Hell even TOR had the piece when Padmé and Anakin are on the balcony after Anakin's nightmare from AOTC and it was edited exactly like how it is in the film. Even a lot of the "Chase Through Coruscant" pieces were the film version edits.

The backlash against the Phantom Menace "Ultimate Edition" was justly deserved. Sony had touted the "Ultimate Edition" as being EVERY SINGLE NOTE written for the film. As Breathmask had said, after people got their copies and soon realized it was nothing more than an isolated score they got pissed. They thought that the Phantom Menace had been given the same treatment as the RCA releases of the Original Trilogy scores.

I also remember reading posts back then that people were genuinely surprised to see a 2-CD set of the Phantom Menace score released so soon after the movie had been out.

Ofcourse there was an Ultimate Edition in the making.

In April 2010, there were reports that Sony started finishing it, and preparing it for release. But LucasFilm didn't want them to release it.

That was in a thread in another forum. Can't find it back.

In April 2010, there were reports that Sony started finishing it, and preparing it for release. But LucasFilm didn't want them to release it.

Really?

Ocelot is a composer-orchestrator IRRC, and he lived in California and had contacts i think.

BTW, In my humble opinion, the critizism the UE got was deserved, but i think people got carried by rage and the message was more agresive than it should have been.

That's why i think everything was scrapped.

Well, I'm glad that I won't be wasting my money on that - exactly the same material as a still-in-print album at a more expensive price? No thanks, I'll stick to my own complete score edit (which is complete now, methinks)

I remember reading JW being pissed that they put it out with his name as the producer.

That must be a very rare occasion. I can't remember any time at all where JW publicly showed his displeasure.

Actually the JWFAN member who reported about the "Ultimate Edition" style for AOTC that was supposed to be released was Oncelot(sp?). He obviously doesn't post here any more.

His user name was Ocelot, actual name Wael Binali.

Ocelot is a composer-orchestrator IRRC, and he lived in California and had contacts i think.

Yes.

That was in a thread in another forum. Can't find it back.

Reports? NO. Unfounded rumors? Probably.

I remember reading JW being pissed that they put it out with his name as the producer.

Another false rumor.

In the forums, he said that he had sheet music from AOTC.

It was never officially confirmed but after all these years I think I can tell the difference between a false rumor and an unconfirmed report. Regarding John Williams, that is.

I don't remember reading once in the MB an AotC UE was an "imminent release" and subsequently been disappointed it wasn't released

There was a April Fool post where someone posted a fake AotC UE tracklist

See told ya I remember that thread, thanks for that link Ricard.

Yes back then I did like the TPM Ultimate Edition. It was Henry who actually "showed me the light", so to speak. He was the one who helped me realize how half-assed the "Ultimate Edition" was.

My bad that report was in 2003...but still.

Well.. If Jesse Harlin really is aware of us and on our side, an Official release doesn't really matter that much anymore..

Who was it, who reported that Steve Sansweet said something like "Lucasfilm is considering releasing the expanded soundtracks.. and thank's to everyone who helped bringing everything together?"

Sony will probably hold the lisence to release Star Wars CDs for a very long time, which means we will not see any complete, or even expanded released while they hold the license. I just hope that the sessions leak one day.

Well.. If Jesse Harlin really is aware of us and on our side, an Official release doesn't really matter that much anymore..

Who was it, who reported that Steve Sansweet said something like "Lucasfilm is considering releasing the expanded soundtracks.. and thank's to everyone who helped bringing everything together?"

Wasn't that for consideration alongside the Blu-Rays?