The Adventures of Tintin - For Your Consideration Promotional CD

Jay

Paramount has sent out For Your Consideration CDs for The Adventures of Tintin. Here are some pictures of it:

kgrhqfhjse63ksnd3ybo8qs.jpg

tintinz.jpg

tintin2.jpg

As you can see, the track list is as follows:

01. The Adventures of Tintin 3:04

02. The Secret of the Scrolls 1:36

03. Marlinspike Hall 2:11

04. The Thompsons and Snowy In Pursuit 5:14

05. Escape From The Karaboudjan 3:20

06. Captain Haddock Takes The Oars 2:49

07. Capturing The Plane 2:15

08. The Flight To Bagghar 4:02

09. Sir Francis and the Unicorn 5:22

10. Feather Knife 2:37

11. Dueling Pirates and Rackham's Curse 4:00

12. The Milanese Nightingale 1:37

13. The Falcon and the Flood 5:54

14. The Captain's Counsel 2:09

15. The Crane Fight 5:14

16. Return To Marlinspike Hall 1:12

17. Finale 3:18

18. End Credits 6:09

Which is different from the OST!

Here is my BEST GUESS at what it contains (anything in BOLD is not on the OST):

01. The Adventures of Tintin 3:04 = OST 01 The Adventures of Tintin 3:04

02. The Secret of the Scrolls 1:36 = probably OST 03 The Secret Of The Scrolls [0:00-1:34] with a unique clean ending, although that music is for when Tintin first sees the ship, before we know about any scrolls *shrug*

03. Marlinspike Hall 2:11 = probably OST 05 [0:00-2:02] with a unique clean ending

04. The Thompsons and Snowy In Pursuit 5:14 = This is a confusing one. OST 04 Introducing The Thompsons and Snowy's Chase is 4:09, but has 0:33 of music microedited out at 0:34. That would only bring the total time to 4:43, so I dunno what the other 0:31 of music could be.

05. Escape From The Karaboudjan 3:20 = OST 06 Escape From The Karaboudjan

06. Captain Haddock Takes The Oars 2:49 = Another confusing one. OST 08 Captain Haddock Takes The Oars is 2:17, but the first 0:38 is actually from an earlier cue; The oars scene is only from 0:38-2:17 (1:39). Maybe its paired with "The Third Unicorn" or "Whiskey Stash"

07. Capturing The Plane 2:15 = UNRELEASED CUE I HAD CALLED "PORTUGESE PLANE"!!

08. The Flight To Bagghar 4:02 = OST 11 The Flight To Bagghar with microedits restored! (or Inserts added, whichever it is)

09. Sir Francis and the Unicorn 5:22 = OST 07 Sir Francis And The Unicorn 5:07 - I think this is longer due to the looping heard in the final film

10. Feather Knife 2:37 = 09 Red Rackham's Curse and The Treasure [0:00-2:18] with microedits restored and a unique clean ending

11. Dueling Pirates and Rackham's Curse 4:00 = 09 Red Rackham's Curse and The Treasure [2:18-end] with a unique clean opening

12. The Milanese Nightingale 1:37 = OST 12 The Milanese Nightingale 1:37

13. The Falcon and the Flood 5:54 = OST 14 The Pursuit Of The Falcon 5:43 - maybe extra time is film loops?

14. The Captain's Counsel 2:09 = OST 15 The Captain's Counsel

15. The Crane Fight 5:14 = OST 16 The Clash Of The Cranes (3:48) with the 1:49 of music microedited out at 0:38 restored!

16. Return To Marlinspike Hall 1:12 = OST 17 Return to Marlinspike Hall and Finale [0:00-1:07] with a unique clean ending

17. Finale 3:18 = OST 17 Return to Marlinspike Hall and Finale [2:34-end] (3:17) with a unique clean opening

18. End Credits 6:09 = The edited versions of Sir Francis and the Unicorn, Snowy's Theme, and The Adventure Continues that make up the end credits in the fim.

I have already bought one on ebay and will report on EXACTLY what it contains when it arrives!

If you would like one, there is currently an auction for one right here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170757502290

As of this post, it is $19.99 and the auction ends in 7 days, 15 hours. Good luck!

Older auctions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120832045503 (Closed 2011-12-25 4:57 EST) $65

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310369488600 (Closed 2012-01-03 7:02 EST) $105.50

just in case it was not seen in the other thread,

i did a comparison from the tracklist of both releases:

Dont get your hopes too high :/

FYC 1 = OST 1

FYC 2 = OST 2 0:00-1:34

FYC 3 = OST 5 0:00-2:02 (cointains the unused 'entering the grounds'??)

FYC 4 = OST 4 (with microedited material?)

FYC 5 = OST 6

FYC 6 = OST 8 (additional 30 secs material from 'introducing cap haddock?? or including whiskey stash and not including anything from introducing haddock)

FYC 7 = SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEFART!11!!!!

FYC 8 = OST 11 (additional 30 seconds...

FYC 9 = OST 7 (additional 20 seconds.. desert rescue??)

FYC 10 = OST 9 (0:00-2:18 + microedited material??)

FYC 11 = OST 9 (2:18-end) with microedited material? both FYC tracks 10 & 11 together are 27 seconds longer that the OST counterpart.

FYC 12 = OST 12

FYC 13 = OST 15 (plus 10 seconds of microedited material)

FYC 14 = OST 16

FYC 15 = OST 16 with microedited material? its 15 seconds shorter than the crane fight 3 parts + haddock confornts shackarine though.. i hope its the mixing...

FYC 16 = OST 17 (1:07-2:34) though the FYC track is shorter... or maybe its (0:00-1:07)

FYC 17 = OST 17 (2:34-end)

FYC 18 = Edit of OST 7 + OST 2 + OST 18 i suppose.

So aside from capturing the plane not much, aside from microediting.

I updated the main post with my guesses at what is on the promo

I made all this before I saw your post, Luke

I updated the main post with my guesses at what is on the promo

I made all this before I saw your post, Luke

yeah right... :roll:

i used you complete score analisys :P

I'm sure your guesses are more accurate, BTW :)

I have heard in the past that its a stipulation of the Academy now that FYC CDs can only contain music heard in the film and not unused pieces, and looking at the track times this seems to be the case here. I would expect some of these tracks to have the film loops and edits.

Luckily, we look to definitely be getting some good unreleased material as well.

Wow. This feels like another Christmas! :D Although my Christmas did not include unreleased music this year.

It is great that the new award rules seem to stipulate that the music has to be like heard in the film. This way there is a chance of the promos of containing more music than the OST or even complete scores as in some cases.

Awesome! Didn't think they would enter Tintin for consideration, leaving Warhorse to be the only candidate and not splitting the vote. But to be honest it's probably the best thing to do since the Artist will most likely win, so at least now there's a chance for a double nomination.

Sure it does. :) OST's often are alternates or are crossfaded between tracks, etc. By the new Oscar rules, we're more likely to get film versions and (as apparently the case with Tintin) clean openings/endings to queues because if they don't segue in the film, then it's probable they'd include the clean opening/ending. Not always, of course, but this should make it more likely that FYC Promos aren't just the OST or just the OST minus some pop song(s) or whatever.

Sure it does. :) OST's often are alternates or are crossfaded between tracks, etc. By the new Oscar rules, we're more likely to get film versions and (as apparently the case with Tintin) clean openings/endings to queues because if they don't segue in the film, then it's probable they'd include the clean opening/ending. Not always, of course, but this should make it more likely that FYC Promos aren't just the OST or just the OST minus some pop song(s) or whatever.

Yes that is exactly what I meant. :)

He said that it might contain [more music than the OST] OR [the complete score]

NOT

[more music than the OST] or [more music than The complete score]

The seller shipped it to me overnight earlier today, hopefully that means I'll have it tomorrow. I didn't get a tracking number unfortunately. It has to go from Cali to MA.

That's not what I was talking about. I'm well aware most OST aren't complete. What do you take me for? Some Lady Gaga fan?

mum-mum-mum-mah

mum-mum-mum-mah

mum-mum-mum-mah

mum-mum-mum-mah

I wanna hold 'em like they do in Texas Plays

Fold 'em, let 'em hit me, raise it

Baby stay with me (I love it)

LoveGame intuition

Play the cards with Spades to start

And after he's been hooked I'll play the one that's on his heart

Oh o-oh oh oh, o-o-o-o-o-oh

I'll get him hot, show him what I've got

(2x)

Can't read my, can't read my

No, he can't read my poker face

(She's got to love nobody)

(2x)

P-p-p-poker face, p-p-poker face

(mum-mum-mum-mah)

(2x)

Well, I misread him. Fuck you all.

You first, bloodball!

So the Tintin FYC CD was brought to my home about 4 hours ago - while I was at work. I left work a little early to race home and get it. Upon arriving, I found a slip on my doorknob, indicating I'd have to go to the post office to collect it (Probably because it was sent via Express, I have to sign for it).

I IMMEDIATELY returned to my car and headed for the post office. It's right down the street! I can make it!! They close at 5:30......... I arrived at 5:34 :banghead:

So, I won't be able to get it until 8am tomorrow (14 hours from now).

It's quite impressive that something I won on ebay at 7pm Tuesday night was at my house 2pm Thursday afternoon, especially considering it came from California.

I gather this "for you consideration" cd contains close to all the music heard in the film. I doubt it contains anything that interesting as I listened pretty intently to the score when watching the film and nothing really stood out like in other scores. I guess the CD presents 95% of the score which is great! There was a cue (when Tintin escapes the cell) that sounds like superman/ fighting the guards from Phantom menace- I wonder if this is on the disk?

Having heard the cd version of Pursuit of the falcon they must have done some editing on this after JW had written it as it had a few jerky transitions. If only they could cut the film to the music! - Nah, I'm only kidding myself that'll never happen!!!!

I gather this "for you consideration" cd contains close to all the music heard in the film. I doubt it contains anything that interesting as I listened pretty intently to the score when watching the film and nothing really stood out like in other scores. I guess the CD presents 95% of the score which is great! There was a cue (when Tintin escapes the cell) that sounds like superman/ fighting the guards from Phantom menace- I wonder if this is on the disk?

Having heard the cd version of Pursuit of the falcon they must have done some editing on this after JW had written it as it had a few jerky transitions. If only they could cut the film to the music! - Nah, I'm only kidding myself that'll never happen!!!!

The complete score runs for over 90 minutes easily so there is about 30 minutes of music missing from the OST (Promo is shorter than the OST but according to the track list contains material not heard on the OST). Capturing the Plane, The Crane Fight (with 2 minutes more music) etc. The OST version of the Pursuit of the Falcon is I think pretty much how Williams wrote the piece, jerky transitions and all as it runs almost as is for most of the chase sequence with small insert added (if I remember correctly) at the end as Tintin dives to safe his friends where they opted for a little more heroic version of his theme than the dire one JW originally wrote.

It has arrived

"Captain Haddock Takes The Oars" starts out with 0:22 seconds of the cue I had called "The Third Unicorn" before going into the track as heard on the OST (which as we know contains music tracked from "Introducing Haddock" and then segueing to "Capturing Mr. Silk"

"Capturing The Plane" is indeed the unreleased cue for when Tintin swims to and takes over the plane, exactly as heard in the film

"Flight To Bagghar" does have the extra music heard in the film for the French pilots. It sounds really great!!

"Crane Fight" does indeed have all the music spliced out of the OST. Its mostly just music tracked from Old Enemies meet and other places like like in the film. So awesome to hear most of Old Enemies Meet clean!

All tracks are 4 seconds longer than the listing on the back cover

The sound quality is fantastic

The whole disc is ripping in EAC now so I can't listen to anything else until it's done

So... now what I would like to know: is there an easy way to combine this with the OST to make an expanded edition?

Preferably without stupid edits included, but WITH all music, of course?

So I wonder why they included the plane cue?

I know about the supposed academy rule about including tracks as they appear in the film, but it seems like a very random addition.

I look forward to revising my set this evening :)

So... now what I would like to know: is there an easy way to combine this with the OST to make an expanded edition?
Preferably without stupid edits included, but WITH all music, of course?

I dont understand what you mean. We've been editing scores for 15 years. Why would we suddenly be unable to do it now?

I dont understand what you mean. We've been editing scores for 15 years. Why would we suddenly be umable to do it now?
Of course you can. But I'm not too good at it, so I'm wondering if there'll be a simple, quick, not-perfect-but-good-enough way to do it.

That way, I'd be able to do it myself before tomorrow, since I don't expect anyone else is going to combine things on such short notice.

I'm really disappointed they didn't include the music from the library scene or any of the unreleased Kraboudjan music

ok so let me get this straight The "old Enemies Meet" tracked into Crane Fight was unreleased anyways?

Yes. Whatever Williams originally wrote for that section of the Crane Fight he microedited out of the OST. Then, in the film itself, it was replaced by music tracked from Old Enemies Meet. Meanwhile, most of Old Enemies Meet wasn't even heard when it was supposed to, it was mostly replaced by Dueling Pirates.

---

As far as I can tell the quality is exactly the same as the OST. It's about the same volume too, so should make editing really easy.