What's your LEAST favorite track from War Horse?

Not Mr. Big

What is your least favorite track from War Horse?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What is your least favorite track from War Horse

• Dartmoor, 1912
    • The Auction
    • Bringing Joey Home, and Bonding
    • Learning the Call
    • Seeding, and Horse vs. Car
    • Plowing
    • Ruined Crop, and Going to War
    • The Charge and Capture
    • The Desertion
    • Joey's New Friends
    • Pulling the Cannon
    • (SPOILER)
    • No Man's Land
    • The Reunion
    • (SPOILER), and Finale
    • The Homecoming

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll also vote "The Auction." Absolutely nothing wrong with it, and in context of the rest of the score it's nice to have a lighthearted change of pace. But as a standalone listening experience it probably does the least for me.

It's a testament to the brilliance of the WH score the worst track still gets a 4/5 on iTunes.

Its really hard to choose, but I'm going to go with Joey's New Friends. Again, its a great track, but its the least interesting on the album for me. Following that would be The Auction. Personally, the Auction's Celtic tones were something I enjoyed more than the other cue in question.

But once again, both cues are great!

For me Joey's New Friends is so refreshing after all that (brilliantly) dark action material. A moment of calm amidst a sea of chaos and horror.

Agreed. It is a refreshing change of tone and pace. On the album presentation, it works really well. But if I had to pick single tracks to play in random order, Joey's Friends would probably be the last one I'd visit. Its great stuff, but there is so much other greater stuff on the album!

Oh yea, understood. Like I said, the fact that we're choosing such great tracks as the worst of the OST is a testament to the brilliance of the score.

Ack! I fixed it for you, but in the process erased everyone's votes. Sorry about that!

Everyone, please vote again.

If I absolutely have to choose then it is The Auction. It is a nice introduction to the playful theme but as a whole is the least striking of the tracks.

Hmm, strange 'dislike' (in comparison) for The Auction, I love the textures and chord changes of that cue.

Joey's New Friends has never really grabbed me, and track 12 has always been overkill on the emotion. One of those.

I wouldn't cut anything from the CD at all - the cues I selected are merely those that might pass by without me noticing too much.

This is one of few CDs where I think Willams got the presentation bang on. I'd initially thought that the transition into the Dartmoor theme in the first track was an edit between 2 separate cues - there's definitely an edit there, but it plays like that in the film. Weird.

I wouldn't cut anything from the CD at all...

This is one of few CDs where I think Willams got the presentation bang on.

Yes I agree. The Auction would go only if I would absolutely have to choose something to ditch.