John Williams score analysis on my blog

alainmayrand

Hello all,

I've only posted here a handful of times but JWFan is my favourite film score related forum on the internet and the only one I peruse on a regular basis. So i can't believe I never mentioned this before...

I write a blog called "Getting the Score" where I share my observation on film scoring, which of course includes many posts about my favourite film composer, whose film music is a constant educational resource: John Williams.

Here's a link to get you started where I break down how many times the Hedgwig theme happens in the frst 20 minutes of Harry Potter I.

> How Many Times the Theme?

There are many more entries referring to John Williams' scores, you can use the search function of course, I won't burden you with that here.

Also, I plan to blog a lot more this year and I set up a poll to see what subjects you would like to read about. You can vote or add some ideas in the comment box. For example someone asked about insight into working as an orchestrator, so I alread asked an orchestrator I know who worked on films like "Secretariat" to answer a few questions for an upcomgin blog post.

Head over to the poll here.

Thanks to everyone, and thanks for the best film music forum on the web. Hope to see you on my blog!

Alain

//////////////////////////////////

Getting the Score

http://alainmayrand.com

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an interesting blog you've got there; I'll definitely read some more on there.

Although I'll never be a composer myself, I do find the thought process that goes into scoring films very interesting.

It's also great to see another real composer posting on here.

Your post inspired me to listen again to "The Legend of Silk Boy".

Definitely an enjoyable score to listen to and I hope you get to write more music for adventure-style films.

Those are definitely my favourite!