Alternate Cover of War Horse of Japanese Rlease

lester1231

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting this. :)

But in all honesty this makes the European/US cover look like a masterpiece of design in comparison. What an oddly contrasting composition. Even though the red sunset of the European cover was somewhat criticized the icy cold background of this one with contrast of the reddish lower half is awful and done rather amateurishly.

It's only the font/contrast that makes me dislike ours.

The font/contrast on the booklet cover of our version is probably the most amateurish thing ever done on a high profile John Williams CD. It makes me feel like I own a bootleg instead of an official CD. I don't like the artwork (or better: lack of artwork) on the back of the CD case either.

Makes me wonder: what John Williams CD artwork do you like best?

I like the back cover of the US release. Very relaxing.

That reminds me, somebody on FSM thought that there might be a subliminal American flag on the cover. Obviously not inentional, but pretty funny. The blue in the top left corner is the blue part of the flag, then there's red/white strips all the way down.

war-horse-soundtrack.jpg

war-horse-soundtrack.jpg

Hmmm, to be perfectly honest, I didn't much care for this cover, either. It looks like something a teenage girl with a love for horses might hang on her wall! And anybody else find it a bit weird that you can see the background on the lefthand side, but on the righthand side there is nothing? Makes you wonder whether Joey and Albert are standing on the edge of a precipice or something... but maybe I am overthinking it.