Jay

Time to merge the subforum back in?

Should the "Temporary Tintin and War Horse subforum" be merged back into General Discussion?   37 members have voted

1. 1. When should the "Temporary Tintin and War Horse subforum" be merged back into General Discussion?

• Merge it now, the film has opened in most countries
    • Merge on March 1st, after it has opened in every country
    • I don't care either way, but wanted to vote in a poll anyway

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 posts in this topic

Yes, merge please. And while you're at it: is it too early to create a Lincoln subforum...? ;)

I don't know if we'll even need a Lincoln subforum. We'll see.

I voted for merge. Going back and forth between the main and subforum has been a bit arduous (one extra click on the mouse). ;)

I don't know if we'll even need a Lincoln subforum. We'll see.

I guess a thread will do. ;)

I want it merged to. And that's because I tend to forget there is a sub-forum.

Karol

Don't merge. I don't give a fuck about Tintin or War Horse. Having a subforum helps keeping that crap away from the General Discussion board.

Merge them, and it will be chaos. The plague will spread. Rivers of blood will flood the lands. Women will give birth to demons with wings and tentacles. And Cosman will become a Moderator.

Don't merge.

Don't merge. I don't give a fuck about Tintin or War Horse. Having a subforum helps keeping that crap away from the General Discussion board.

Merge them, and it will be chaos. The plague will spread. Rivers of blood will flood the lands. Women will give birth to demons with wings and tentacles. And Cosman will become a Moderator.

Don't merge.

To think I was beggining to like you.....

The sad truth is that Tintin and War Horse didn't generate NEARLY the amount of posts and threads that Indy IV did. This place was a MAD HOUSE then!

I don't know what the difference is - both were the first Williams score in 3 years, both were action/adventure scores. I guess one was the 4th entry in a beloved franchise and a huge summer blockbuster, the other was 2 winter films that were first entries, even though one was an adaptation of a beloved franchise. I dunno.

Maybe it's that some of the big posters from back then don't post as much any more? I dunno.

Maybe it's that some of the big posters from back then don't post as much any more? I dunno.

The movie releases were all over the place this time. I know I'm still avoiding War Horse film, as well as most score, threads because the film isn't out yet here.

The sad truth is that Tintin and War Horse didn't generate NEARLY the amount of posts and threads that Indy IV did.

That is quite funny when thinking how much better films both Tintin and War Horse are. Also music wise.

Answer to the topic: merge.

Even I have seen War Horse, here in the far side of the world.

The whole sub forum idea was a farce anyway!

Hey look, new Williams scores are being released, let's NOT allow discussion about it on the main forum!

Worst decision ever! (apart from Jack Chapple)

The sad truth is that Tintin and War Horse didn't generate NEARLY the amount of posts and threads that Indy IV did. This place was a MAD HOUSE then!

I don't know what the difference is - both were the first Williams score in 3 years, both were action/adventure scores. I guess one was the 4th entry in a beloved franchise and a huge summer blockbuster, the other was 2 winter films that were first entries, even though one was an adaptation of a beloved franchise. I dunno.

I think it's also because WH and Tintin were both released at separate times in the US and Europe, the source of most of our posters. With KotCS I believe it all hit at once, and one person's enthusiasm nourished another's. It's less fun to discuss a movie/score when half the people are avoiding spoiler-filled threads like the plague, and by the time the other half sees the movie the first half isn't as excited to discuss it.

ah ok that is why it just dissapeared

but i don't see any Tintin and War Horse threads here.Did they get sucked into a black hole?

I only see 1 tintin thread in the first forum page

. i guess it's because nobody posted in most of them in a while

I only see 1 tintin thread in the first forum page

. i guess it's because nobody posted in most of them in a while

I dunno what to tell you man. Every single thread that was in that forum is now in this one.

no spoilers for war horse yet, MIND YOU!

it opens this friday here.

The horse dies from rabies given in the trences because its bitten by an anatomically incorrect dog.

no spoilers for war horse yet, MIND YOU!

it opens this friday here.

The horse dies from rabies given in the trences because its bitten by an anatomically incorrect dog.

I knew it! Snowy looked sick.

Palpatine.jpg

"DO IT!"

Even though it's, y'know, been done already.

John- pleasantly surprised that his Photobucket account was still there after a year of neglect