Intrada releasing Cliff Eidelman's Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (2CD Complete) February 28th 2012

Faleel

MAF is Marc-Andre Fleury, the Penguins' goalie who can stop an unlimited number of goals. That's why the MAF series is unlimited. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

:up:

He's a good goalie.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome that it's being released this Tuesday. I won't be able to get it until next Friday (March 2nd) but that's okay.

I will happily delete the boot in favor of this release.

Ditto, sooo looking forward to the sdtk. Can't wait to hear the samples.

Woohoo my 100th post! ;)

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7475/.f

Presumably we're not too lazy to click the link?

Oh, something worth pointing out in the press release:

Intrada release, courtesy Universal Music & Paramount Pictures and part of Paramount restoration series of each Trek score, also offers alternates plus both dynamic trailer scores, to date the only original trailer scores recorded for a Star Trek film.

Yup. They're all coming.

Same here! Managed to get the Black Hole two days after ordering, so it's definitely possible.

It seems that it's missing a few things on the boot... probably the film version tracks without choir. No big loss, right?

Same here! Managed to get the Black Hole two days after ordering, so it's definitely possible.

It seems that it's missing a few things on the boot... probably the film version tracks without choir. No big loss, right?

I think Eidelman wanted the cues to have the choir all along but when they synced the score up to the film that's probably when they decided to drop the choir from a good portion of the cues.

That's good enough for me. I'm not head-over-heels about this score enough to complain (and I like it better with the choir mixed in), but I suspect others might.

Ordered. Six down, five to go.

:thumbup:

I can't wait for the rest of them to be released.

I still wonder if Varèse will release an expanded version of Nemesis. Honestly I'll be surprised if they do.

Purchased. I haven't even taken the plastic off all the last four I bought, but such is the life of a LE soundtrack freak.

I'll be happy if they only release TMP and Generations in complete format, but I'd gladly buy Jerry's three TNG scores in expanded format. The footwarmers are satisfactory, with the exception of not being entirely legit.

Purchased. I haven't even taken the plastic off all the last four I bought, but such is the life of a LE soundtrack freak.

Star Trek 6 is not limited

Yeah, but if I don't get it now, I'll feel left out when all you fine people talk about how wonderful it is, and then the conversation will stop and nobody will mention it again.

I'll be happy if they only release TMP and Generations in complete format, but I'd gladly buy Jerry's three TNG scores in expanded format. The footwarmers are satisfactory, with the exception of not being entirely legit.

Agreed.

I'd love to have a proper release for Insurrection. I want to hear the revised music from the end of the film clean with no sfx. The boots for First Contact and Nemesis I'm happy with but even then I'd take legit releases over boots any day.

I ordered my copy from Intrada as soon as I saw the announcement.

I'm hoping someone (I suspect LLLR) releases TMP, then all of the TOS movies will be out there legit and complete.

The TNG films would also be very welcome, and I strongly believe we'll be seeing them in the next couple of years.

La-La Land seems to have the strongest standpoint with Sony, I think even more so than Intrada. I too wouldn't expect anyone else but La-La Land to release Star Trek The Motion Picture.

All though a couple of years ago I remember Jeff Bond posting on FSM (before Kendall decided to stop FSM as a producer) saying that rights issues were what was holding up Star Trek TMP. Probably because A: Sony has the rights and B: the 20th Anniversary album is still in print. Hopefully this year we will have a legit release for the complete score for The Motion Picture.

Until then I'm very happy with the "remastered" boot for the score.

The TNG films would also be very welcome, and I strongly believe we'll be seeing them in the next couple of years.

Heck, it's not even March yet, we may see one of two of those this year.

I'll pair mine with Hook. Or whatever other limited grail comes out before that.

The existing extended versions sound fine for what they are, but after TrekV, I can't wait to hear Botnick re-do the TNG scores.

I did notice that the cover design is in the same style as Trek II, III and IV.

If TMP is released in the same style, I hope LLLR reissues Trek V in the same style.

This would place a stylistic synergy for all of the TOS movie score complete releases, and then hopefully the TNG complete releases could theoretically follow suit (assuming they are released).

As things are panning out, the LLLR issue is a slight oddball design wise, though close enough to work for me.

All of these releases have been pretty much flawless for me so far.

LLL will never re-issue a title they already did (it's not part of their ideology)

But the license is up for grabs for another label to re-issue it.

Stefan, I'm only noticing the way things have simply developed design wise.

I actually think Trek V should be re-issued for those who missed out. It's not "anal bullshit" to notice an inconsistency that's developed, nor do I place any importance to it.

I'm talking pie-in-the-sky ideals here, a "wish list" at the most. Everything else is absolutely perfect as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think it's likely. A reissue, unless limited again, would likely not sell as many as the 5,000 LLLR run.

TWOK has reached nearly 9,000 units (last report from Lukas), and TSFS about one or two thousand less than that, if I recall correctly (Lukas didn't reveal raw numbers, only suggested ballpark figures).

Though it might sell more over the long run, so if Intrada does it as an MAF it might work eventually.

But my hunch is it'll be at least a few years before another reissue.

Why?

$$$$$$$$$$$$

TWOK has reached nearly 9,000 units (last report from Lukas), and TSFS about one or two thousand less than that, if I recall correctly (Lukas didn't reveal raw numbers, only suggested ballpark figures).

Well they've pressed 7,000 SFS's as of last week...

http://www.filmscore...D-Vol.-13-2010/

Why?

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Well they've pressed 7,000 SFS's as of last week...

http://www.filmscore...D-Vol.-13-2010/

That's good to hear. I now these aren't huge money makers but that the right people are doing it out of love for the art and the music fans. It kind of helps to confirm that our looney passion for complete scores is not in vain and that people more powerful than us have a voice that can get these sacred cows to us.

Ordered. Along with ST IV and the TNG 3 disc set.

Now I got to figure out how to justify it to the wife...

Sorry to quote myself. I almost forgot about Hook going on sale at the end of the month of March. I wonder if my wife would notice why we are eating cereal at dinner for several nights. :whistle:

This Trek score took me some time to warm to, even though I was absolutely floored by the opening titles the first time I heard them. You really knew it was going to be a different Trek experience than before.