altosax1014

Get John Williams a star on the Walk of Fame!

95 posts in this topic

Negative feedback? Alto, don't look at me. I kept my snide opinions out in the open. I don't throw people under the bus until they have at least 500 posts.

Did I mention your name?

Hey, I think theres been a bit of a misunderstanding. I don't think he was intending to offend anyone, nor was he asking anyone to give up his money. He was just asking us to send a few emails and petition for Williams' star. He was just a little surprised that people weren't really up for it which is completely understandable if you ask me. I don't see why everyone keeps bashing him.

Did I mention your name?

No, of course not. But I was providing the heaviest amount of nasty remarks and bashing, as K.K. put it, especially today, because I'm a jerk. I didn't want him and others to think I pursued other avenues as well.

I don't think he was intending to offend anyone, nor was he asking anyone to give up his money. He was just asking us to send a few emails and petition for Williams' star. He was just a little surprised that people weren't really up for it which is completely understandable if you ask me.

Exactly.

I think the fact that Hans Zimmer has a star on HWF shows that main stream composers should strive to achieve this and lets face it JW is the bench mark. There is no question that Spielberg, Lucas etc should simply sort this out, they all donate a great deal to charity and the fee is what they earn in a day. SORT IT!!!! :tmi:

So because Zimmer has one, Williams MUST have one too? Having your name on a piece of cement doesn't mean you're a better composer. The man has 5 Oscars, and the most nominations out of any person to ever work in Hollywood sans Disney. Doesn't he have enough? He is world renowned and engrained in popular culture.

Thank you for the support and understanding, AstonExperience. If you want to help, you can send some letters to those on the list provided at the beginning of this thread.

I think I'll try to email some of these groups. No, John Williams does not NEED this star. But he definitely deserves it, and it would definitely be awesome to walk past his star.

And maybe the act of hiring the construction works, material, etc., will stimulate the economy. ;)

See? That's what I've been trying to say. He doesn't need it, but it is a good way for his fans to show their love of his work and it would be great to someday walk down there and see his name instead of Vin Deisel.

I live in The Netherlands, I'll never see it!

I can't imagine Williams actually paying for his own star. He's far to modest.

Steef, to altosax's credit, if the French had the attitude of "why should I give money to people I don't know to build something across the ocean that I'll never go see myself when I cannot afford to feed my family without a lucrative job, paycheck, and fancy horse and buggy?"

Ok, it would have sounded more like "pourquoi devrais je donner à argent aux gens I don' ; t savent pour établir quelque chose à travers l'océan qui I' ; le ll ne vont jamais se voient quand je ne peux pas me permettre d'alimenter mon famille sans travail lucratif, un chèque de règlement, et un cheval et un boguet de fantaisie?"

If they would have that attitude, then NYC would never have gotten its Statue of Liberty.

And without a Statue of Liberty, Vigo the Carpathian would rule the world.

You don't want Vigo the Carpathian to rule the world, do you?

DO YOU????

After almost 44000 posts you think i would make a mistake like that?

Are you guys gonna buy me a gift when I hit 50.000?

An iPad would be nice

Still awaiting a response from Mr. Williams on if he will okay his nomination. I know he's going into the process for "Lincoln", so he's busy. Has anyone sent him a letter and gotten a response from him before? About how long did it take?

You know what you should do? You should do something akin to "KONY 2012" Make this thing famous. ;)

Huh...well, that's cool. He'll get to me when he gets to me.

I suggest contacting him through one of the concert venues that he will be performing at in the near future. That seems to give better results.

Good idea about the venue contact. I'll be at the Hollywood Bowl to see his concert this year. What is KONY 2012?

Good idea about the venue contact. I'll be at the Hollywood Bowl to see his concert this year. What is KONY 2012?

You don't watch or read the news much, do you?

it's page 2 of this thread and Williams doesn't have a star on the walk of fame yet?