Stefancos

Valentine's Day; Good or Bad

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is Valentine's day a...

• ...special day dedicated to your loved one. A day to strengthen relationships, or forge new ones
    • A commercialezed piece of crap day, designed to seperate you from yiour cash, and drive a wedge between men and women

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

142 posts in this topic

Well it's back. for better or worse.

What is your opinion about this special day. Do you honour it, and if you do, how?

Option 3: A cynical excuse for Hallmark to make money, but also a decent opportunity for a man to show a bit of appreciation for his woman by not really having to do that much. Small effort yields big payouts. Valentine's Day is a largely harmless bit of fluff, if one is smart enough with it.

It's "make-up day" for those too lazy or unmotivated to be romantic the other 364. Or in this year's case, other 365.

Pretty unfair and ostracizing to those who are single. The commercial aspect is also pretty repugnant as well.

As a single guy, my reaction is mostly just to forget it's even coming. Can't say I've ever felt much animosity toward it. When I'm in a relationship, I enjoy the excuse to show a little more affection, but that's about it.

I voted option 1. If my girlfriend was living here in Utah we'd be celebrating it by going on a date Tuesday night. Hopefully I can get her moved here before her birthday in June.

Option 3: A cynical excuse for Hallmark to make money, but also a decent opportunity for a man to show a bit of appreciation for his woman by not really having to do that much. Small effort yields big payouts. Valentine's Day is a largely harmless bit of fluff, if one is smart enough with it.

What are the plans for those who are celebrating it? I usually make something special of it.

This year i imported some of her two favorite food/drink that are not readily availeble here.(Fanta Pineapple and Biltong, a jerky type of dried meat popular in South Africa and Namibia). And i am taking here to dinner to a Spanish tapas restaurant)

I do like valentine's day. however this year I'll be spending it in bed eating ben&jerry's and (sadly enough) watching bridget jones.

Aww, I'll send you a card. What's your address?

Player!

Option 2. CRAP.

Last of the great romantics!

Aww, I'll send you a card. What's your address?

Player!

Well we need to confirm one way or another the legitimacy of her avatar, since I can't concentrate on other things whilst the uncertainty remains.

This option has at least 3 votes so far, counting me.

All you single guys, just send your Valentine's Day card to your hand. It's never awkward in the morning.

All those being sour pusses, just go out and have fun, even if you don't have a date.

I'll be on a 12-hour trip with my college choir, then working one shift when I get back. It'll be super romantic.

Go to a restaurant, pick the happiest couple, bluetooth the girl and send her text messages saying her partner is cheating on her.

...special day dedicated to your loved one. A day to strengthen relationships, or forge new ones

A commercialezed piece of crap day, designed to seperate you from yiour cash, and drive a wedge between men and women

:lol: I think there is a middle ground...

Anyway, I chose the first option.

Option 2. CRAP.

Last of the great romantics!

I'm gonna be exceptionally romantic tomorrow. I'm going to book some

cheap motel and buy couple of bottles Scotch. Gonna skip the flowers and chocolate to save some money.

By the way, that letter of resignation I gave to my boss today was rejected... on Valentine's Day, no less.

I vote Option 3 as well. Unfortunately, I'm currently single, so this day is largely meaningless to me. :(

How can they reject a resignation?

Resignations can be rejected.