Stefancos

Valentine's Day; Good or Bad

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is Valentine's day a...

• ...special day dedicated to your loved one. A day to strengthen relationships, or forge new ones
    • A commercialezed piece of crap day, designed to seperate you from yiour cash, and drive a wedge between men and women

Obviously photoshopped!

damn! what gave it away?

Shit just got real...

I'm not one for issuing compliments willy-nilly you understand, but I believe we officially have our very first JWFan 'Babe in Residence' - a momentous occasion it is.

Sorry Saxbabe. Sorry Miss Padmé.

Nice to meet you by the way, Alice.

Anyway, thank god we just got rid of AI, that's all I'm sayin'.

haha, nice to meet you too! and who's al?

I saw the movie A Dangerous Method today

A film about how love can ruin people's lives and leave them broken forever

The perfect movie for a single guy on Valentine's Day

It cheered me up a bit

You just have to stick with it .

Only worthy females seem to last here (real JWfans)

Most of the ones that left were the stray SW or Potter fans that has a passing interest in the soundtracks

I'm not one for issuing compliments willy-nilly you understand, but I believe we officially have our very first JWFan 'Babe in Residence' - a momentous occasion it is.

Ren was our first "Babe In Residence".

I can't say I remember those days since it was a bit before my time but I have heard rumors of JWFan Elders gallivanting about the MB like young deer, showering gifts and praise on Ren and throwing awesome parties. Ah, the legendary beginnings.

Now Ren, the self-exiled queen, appears twice a year to shower well wishes to a select few, the blessed few, the band of JWFanners.

Yep.

banned forever or can I expect to be scared away?

He was banned. But when the board went down and we moved to a new server, he reappeared. A second chance, which I wasn't comfortable with, but he quickly reverted to the same ol' ways and is now banned for good. Hopefully...

Yep.

banned forever or can I expect to be scared away?

He was banned. But when the board went down and we moved to a new server, he reappeared. A second chance, which I wasn't comfortable with, but he quickly reverted to the same ol' ways and is now banned for good. Hopefully...

You thought that AI was destroyed? No. The spirit of AI endured, for you see, the life force of that creature was not tied to the Messageboard avatar. When his body was destroyed in the Battle of Last JW Alliance, the spirit of AI fled into the dark and desolate places. It lurks there to this day, waiting for it's chance to slip back in, to cover this MB into new obscenities. We must be vigilant. Never forget I say, never forget!

:lol: I can just picture that happening: Here you go pal, let me give you a reference. This'll get you on a another MB. Just tell 'em I sent you. Godspeed and good harassing! And remember a good troll on the MB is worth two in the bushes.

This is an American holiday, if I'm correct, so it's never really been very popular in Norway. However, in recent years, as we have adopted more and more traditions from overseas, Valentine's seems to have taken somewhat of a hold here too (although not as widespread as in the US, of course).

Personally, I have no issues with it. I've never had any girlfriends in my life (except for the occasional fling and stuff), but I would never be angry or anything at other's fortune in that area. That's a destructive kind of bitterness. I've just been kinda indifferent to the whole thing. Doesn't affect me.

The only exception is this one we just had. My best friend and longtime travelling companion (we've been to 20 trips abroad over the years) used the day to propose to his girlfriend. I'm very happy for him, of course, but at the same time it has a tinge of sadness, as it's the end of an era. We'll still keep in touch, but it won't be as often or the same as before. And having him as a travelling companion for long trips (without his upcoming wife) is now out of the question. So a bit mixed there. I will (probably) be his best mate when the time comes, so I'll include that bit in a humouristic way in the speech. smile.gif

Ren was just here to chit chat. She owned about 3 JW OST's

This is an American holiday, if I'm correct, so it's never really been very popular in Norway. However, in recent years, as we have adopted more and more traditions from overseas, Valentine's seems to have taken somewhat of a hold here too (although not as widespread as in the US, of course).

you're norwegian? I just moved to norway!

you're norwegian? I just moved to norway!

What?! Where?

Well, I'm happy to see another "Norwegian" in here (even though I assume you're Swedish in origin). Don't believe I've met one here before.

And unlike you, I live in Oslo (although I hail from the South originally).

Shit just got real...

When you said this, you might have driven away Saxbabe and Miss Padmé!

Nice job, Quint! :P

Ha! This place requires unwavering loyalty and commitment! That's what's missing in the today's flighty youth. :stick:

Bravo! It must have taken quite a bit of time to make that video, finding suitable material from all those movies.