Happy 80th Birthday John Williams!!!

Incanus

Happy Birthday to our Maestro of Film Music John Williams who turns 80 today! :)

Thank you for your endless delightful creativity and wonderful inspiring music!

Here's to your health and continued inspiration Mr. Williams! May there be many more years of joyful music making ahead! :beerchug:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Birthday, Maestro! Congratulations for your outstanding achievements and the unbelievable amount of great music that you have provided and that you are tirelessly continuing to compose!

My wish is that we will be able to have another toast soon, concerning the upcoming Oscars.

539w.jpg

"The more you work in music, the more years you spend with it, the more in love with it you become. It's not like a job that's distasteful. It's the opposite of that--more seductive, more interesting." (John Williams).

Happy 80th Birthday, Maestro. My best wishes for many other wonderful years of music and joy. You're the King.

Happy Birthday to the maestro!!! May your genius and dedication to classical composition rubbed off on our modern day composers. Bless you!!!

That's really wonderful.

Here's to John Williams, such a talented wonderful and humble musician, whose name will one day go down along with those masters of the american 20th century, like Barber, Bernstein and Copland.

And while, as we all, I wish for many more years of creative writing, I wonder if one day, his ghost joins the ones of Bernstein and Copland, offering inspiration to coming generations of students in the woods of the Berkshires...

Happy 80th birthday, John Williams!

:happybday:

And, not to forget a jwfan member also celebrating today …

Greetings and good cheer

Skillful master of sly bon mots

Happy birthday, Alan!

:music: War Horse

Happy Birthday to John Williams! And may he have many many more. The man's music plays a big part in my life and I hope he continues deliver the fantastic and magical music that he so often does. 80 years of having defined Hollywood in music...thats one impressive career to look back on. Happy Birthday!

Here's a lenghty piece I wrote as a tribute for JW's 80th birthday for the Italian film music website ColonneSonore.net (it's in Italian, so you have to use those pesky automated transaltors if you want to grasp something of my blabber :))

http://www.colonnesonore.net/contenuti-speciali/monografici/1974-the-music-man-buon-80d-compleanno-john-williams.html

Happy Birthday to the maestro, for me the greatest film composer of the 20th and 21th century! He should never stop working because "the work you love keeps you young" and we all want at least another handful of Spielberg Williams collaborations!

Here's a lenghty piece I wrote as a tribute for JW's 80th birthday for the Italian film music website ColonneSonore.net (it's in Italian, so you have to use those pesky automated transaltors if you want to grasp something of my blabber :))

http://www.colonneso...n-williams.html

A beautiful write-up Maurizio. Well said. :)

A beautiful write-up Maurizio. Well said. :)

Thanks Mikko, you're always very kind.

A great piece, really, and a great celebration of a great man. Well done!

"I think it could be just as interesting to write a 'Satie-like' miniature score which is ten minutes long. That can be a jewel in the hands of a master as a hundred-minute bombast can be in the hands of a fool."

- John Williams, March 8 1991, Seventh Annual Career Achievement Award ceremony

Happy Birthday John Williams..! :)

Wow. :blink:

Wishing a happy, joyful and glorious 80th birthday to Maestro Williams- may you be blessed!

Grateful thanks to you and your ever-inspiring work- may it all continue to ring true!

Here is my tribute to the Maestro. I put this suite together a few years ago highlight not only his best scores but also his very best cues! Happy 80th Mr. Williams!

-Erik-

Referring to moi?

Reckon current avatar has been in use in this here parts since about ~'08-'09...

And didnt think peeps would mistake a headlamp from a 2002 model year Subaru with that of an Aston.

Happy 80th birthday, John Williams!

:happybday:

And, not to forget a jwfan member also celebrating today …

Greetings and good cheer

Skillful master of sly bon mots

Happy birthday, Alan!

:music: War Horse

Mari's annual birthday post! As always, thanks for the good wishes, Kathy, and hope you have a great rest of 2012!