Cinematic Sound Radio: John Williams Special Pt.3 of 5

Erik Woods

UPDATE: February 22, 2012

JOHN WILLIAMS' 80th BIRTHDAY SPECIAL - PART III

In part three of Cinematic Sound’s five-part radio series celebrating John Williams’ 80th birthday we will be looking back the years spanning 1975-1984 – the most creative and rewarding period of Williams' career. You will hear music from such films as FAMILY PLOT, THE MISSOURI BREAKS, BLACK SUNDAY, STAR WARS, JAWS II, THE FURY, DRACULA, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, E.T.: THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL, INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM, THE RIVER and many more. You will also hear a selection of music from John Williams' only original stage musical, THOMAS AND THE KING. Part IV will be on-line tomorrow. http://www.cinematicsound.net/?p=1915

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cinematicsound and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/cinsoundradio

Enjoy!

-Erik-

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody else find it really weird to hear some of these really obscure titles being spoken out loud? I've only ever seen them in writing.

Yeah, like E.T., INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM, STAR WARS etc. Really weird. ;)

Does anybody else find it really weird to hear some of these really obscure titles being spoken out loud? I've only ever seen them in writing.

It's not everyday that you hear the words NOT WITH MY WIFE YOU DON'T on the radio! :biglaugh:

-Erik-

Thanks Erick. I'll be checking this out when I get home from work.

Quick question, is there a way to download this as a podcast?

Not directly but I'm sure you can find out how!

-Erik-