La-La Land Records' HOOK (2CD Expanded) Anticipation thread

Jay

Well something was released by Varese that I picked up there last fall.

Midway?

That's probably the one.

So there's Hook. What next? :(

For me, there's the jurassics, and that is all.

I've long given up on expanded prequels (true ones), and Potter won't happen anytime soon, so just JP / TLW (with JP3 bundled, in better sound quality)

Yes, if I had to pick one, I'd like to have the entire score to the first JP. So much great music left off the OST in favor of three nearly identical versions of the JP main theme. Never could figure out what Williams was thinking there.

The sound quality on the new LLL set is staggering. You can hear all kinds of cool room noises like that throughout. Check out the guy coughing in the Wendy Tells Peter The Truth sample

That stuff bugs me. For some reason I don't mind hearing extraneous noises related to performing the music (sheet music page turns, bow clicks, breath sounds, even the key/valve sounds from the wind instruments), but stuff like coughing, sneezing, etc. that have nothing to do with the music grates on me. I have no idea why one bothers me and the other doesn't, but there it is.

Mine hasn't shipped yet. I'm a bit shocked that so many have already been sold, considering the history with past releases. I figured 5000 units would be more than enough but now I'm starting to question when my copy will ship. On the other hand I feel like I should have expected it.

thanks .. so hopefully by the weekend. a mixture of :drool: and :crymore: waiting for delivery

Robin Williams looks like he's nuts in that picture.

LOL. true. on a note. does anyone know if thats the same artist that did the posters for the star wars prequel films? Looks like the same style.

Does anyone know what the length of time it takes for delivery from LALALand? I live in Tx. Ordered my copy yesterday. It shipped the same day.

You should have it by the end of the week, especially presuming that you live further east than I do (most of Texas does).

Ordered it today after hearing how many were already spoken for. Also ordered Batman Forever because I'm a terrible shopper and just buy more than I should. hehe

Indeed. Looking forward to both of them. I almost got the Robe but had to keep the budget down. I can't buy every score snubbed by the Oscars. :P

Got my shipping notice (from SAE) during the night. It's on its way!!! :D

Btw that new cover reminds me of the first bootleg which had a similar one. Ever since I saw that I have been hoping for an expanded version of this score. It is almost surreal to see that cover and the CD case in the above picture since you know it's real now, not just fan made boot.

Robin Williams looks like he's nuts in that picture.

Isn't Robin Williams nuts in the first place? :P

By the way, where did you order it from, and was the case cracked...?

:lol: Oh Josh! You and your cracked cases!

:P

Well, I'm worried...

Worry more about cracked CDs.

Well, if that happened, it's simple. I send the CD back.

Not that that ever happened or will happen, I guess. Knock on wood.

Of course, if 3700 copies sold in the first 24 hours, its conceivable the last 1300 could go in the first 48 :)

I never had any doubt this and Robe would sell out.

$29.98x5000=$149,900

$24.98x2000=$49,960

$199,860 total. Not bad at all. Before expenses of course.

Of course, if 3700 copies sold in the first 24 hours, its conceivable the last 1300 could go in the first 48 :)

I never had any doubt this and Robe would sell out.

$29.98x5000=$149,900

$24.98x2000=$49,960

$199,860 total. Not bad at all. Before expenses of course.

They only receive $29.98 for each copy of Hook sold directly from their website. The copies sold to 3rd party retailers like SAE, Movie Music, Intrada, buysoundtrax, etc are sold at a discounted rate so that those guys can still charge $29.98 to their customers

That's why I now order all LLL CDs directly from them rather from a third party retailer

My order number is 48269 and I order it within the first hour, still no shipping notice.

I may have to pick that Drew Struzan book up someday, thanks for posting JanBing.

Finally some movement on my SAE order. Though the status still says "pending" it now says "Shipped via: First Class Mail International Package" below with a tracking number! *Happy dance* :)

From now on I'll order direct from LLL (or other label) though. Seems to be better for me and the label ultimately.

Taking into account how many orders not only LLL but SAE and other retailers had to deliver it is pretty expected that they take some time to fullfil. I wonder what percentage of Hook orders from LLL have been shipped thusfar.

It might take from 1 week to 2 for this set to reach Finland. No problem with the customs usually.

It might take from 1 week to 2 for this set to reach Finland. No problem with the customs usually.

Strangely, almost whenever I order sth from Amzon.com, customs asks for money; other orders, like from Amazon marketplace, Lalaland etc., usually pass through unnoticed or explicitly "exempt".

Taking into account how many orders not only LLL but SAE and other retailers had to deliver it is pretty expected that they take some time to fullfil. I wonder what percentage of Hook orders from LLL have been shipped thusfar.

I got the shipping notice right away at 27th so I thing my copy is now over the Atlantic and will listen to

it early in the next week... :sigh:

I'll will tell you if it's any good ;)

It'll probably take at least 2 weeks considering I ordered it with a few other CDs and I got it off of SAE.

It'll probably take at least 2 weeks considering I ordered it with a few other CDs and I got it off of SAE.

Mine's still pending. Probably another item holding it up... so it'll take another one to four weeks until they actually ship it I'm afraid.

Mine is still pending too but I thought none of the 3rd party retailers have started shipping yet. And considering I got like 3 other CDs and the Ben Hur set on that order, it'll probably take me 4 weeks too :(