Jay

As MV said on FSM about the Ultimate War:

This continuous track (but indexed) of pure film score glory:

5. The Ultimate War: To War** 9:45

6. The Ultimate War: The Death Of Rufio* 2:36

7. The Ultimate War: Sword Fight* 5:32

* Previously unreleased

** Contains previously unreleased material

To me this seems to indicate that it is pretty much certain that Farewell to Neverland will be its own section, not part of this continous track. And I do prefer it that way as well, having that little pause between the war and the finale.

A lot of you folks wouldn't do well with listening to an opera or Mahler, would you...

I don't really get the aversion people have to extremely lengthy tracks, I prefer them that way, especially of they were written to be continuous. It helps greatly with flow, as opposed to a pause and a new track every 3-4 minutes..

I do greatly enjoy the 14 minute Battle of Hoth and the long tracks on Return of the Jedi as well.

I don't really get the aversion people have to extremely lengthy tracks, I prefer them that way, especially of they were written to be continuous. It helps greatly with flow, as opposed to a pause and a new track every 3-4 minutes..

I do greatly enjoy the 14 minute Battle of Hoth and the long tracks on Return of the Jedi as well.

:up:

Because in case of HOOK, there's i. e. a loud tutti to end the duel track and then starts the melancholic final scene music which in no way, shape or form corresponds to the one that came before. To stitch them together just to get it 'lengthy' just doesn't make sense.

I agree with Joe. The optimal musical experience demands that all the pieces flow, when are composed and intended to be listened that way.

I think this could bring the aversion you mention because of the lack of the dramatic component. in this case, the acting and story of the film, or in the case of Opera, the singers and actors, along with the libretto. It doesn't bother me, but can be unpleasant.

Because in case of HOOK, there's i. e. a loud tutti to end the duel track and then starts the melancholic final scene music which in no way, shape or form corresponds to the one that came before. To stitch them together just to get it 'lengthy' just doesn't make sense.

Jason revealed that there is about 20 seconds of unused music that goes between the tutti and the "No More Hook" bit. This missing music would lead straight into the music we already know of from there.

Exhausting listen or not, the idea of a long continuous sequence intrigues me from a storytelling standpoint. JW is a musical storyteller, and I never find long sequences to be exhausting because I'm reliving the story as I listen.

Again, the "loud tutti to end the duel track" is NOT Williams' intended ending of the Ultimate War! We've only thought that for 20 years because that's where it ends in the final film (and the missing music was never on any of the bootlegs or the OST). As written and recorded, there was more music that directly continued from that "end" that perfectly segues to what we've been calling "No More Hook" (which is really all the same cue).

EDIT: Didn't see Delorean's post first :P

A lot of you folks wouldn't do well with listening to an opera or Mahler, would you...

My thoughts exactly. Though with Mahler, it might help them that many recordings of the more "programmatic" symphonies split each movement into dozens of individual tracks. ;)

I do get nervous though when a long work consisting of separate sections is put on a CD without track splits. For example, I find it very hard to listen to Gerhardt's Kings Row CD, which is made up of only two tracks, each corresponding to one side of the original LP, although both sides contain multiple cues (also listed individually on the back).

As written and recorded, there was more music that directly continued from that "end" that perfectly segues to what we've been calling "No More Hook" (which is really all the same cue).

There is? I didn't notice. Still, i'm glad they're dividing them.

As written and recorded, there was more music that directly continued from that "end" that perfectly segues to what we've been calling "No More Hook" (which is really all the same cue).

There is? I didn't notice. Still, i'm glad they're dividing them.

Of course you couldn't have noticed, as I've said multiple times now it wasn't used in the film and has never appeared on any boot....

Am I not being clear enough somehow? Are other people understanding me?

Yeah you were pretty clear in my opinion Jason.

My personal aesthetic instinct would suggest leaving the Ultimate War as one complete piece (indexed for easier navigating to your favourite section though) ending in No More Hook scene and then start Farewell to Neverland as its own piece after that just as it is on the OST.

My personal aesthetic instinct would suggest leaving the Ultimate War as one complete piece (indexed for easier navigating to your favourite section though) ending in No More Hook scene and then start Farewell to Neverland as its own piece after that just as it is on the OST.

Thats exactly what I would do as well!

I thought Jason was clear to his point. Really publicist, calling Jason a douchebag because of him getting slightly irritated with people not understanding what he says?

Jason is 100% correct on the cue "The End Of Hook". There was supposed to be unused music that plays right after the Crock Clock fell on Hook and "ate" him, which would play through the point of them saying, "No more Hook, no more Hook!". The cue "The End Of Hook" would end right when Peter puts away his sword and is about to take Jack and Maggie's hands before they think of the one happy thought to make them fly like their father. The beginning of "The End Of Hook" would start right when the mini sword shoots out of Hook's arm that he had hidden.

As Jason said the sheet music shows exactly this. In fact I think Datameister did a mock-up of the said unused portion sometime last year (2011). I maybe wrong about the mock-up, if I am maybe Jason or Joe (Datameister) can correct me on it. I just don't understand why people are having a hard time grasping this concept.

"I made my meaning plain" - Khan

Yea that's right we never knew there was music missing until the sheet music leaked, and then we never "heard" it until Datameister did a mockup of it

Incidentally the statement of Hook's theme that you do hear in the film as the croc falls is a rewrite; as originally written the theme was less "in your face". However the rewrite was incorporated before recording so there's no missing alternate out there.

Thats exactly what I would do as well!

Hallelujah. That's what I'm hoping LLL does; thought you people wanted some crazy 30-minute supertrack. :D

Well, I will connect them all myself for my personal edit as the composer intended regardless of how it's presented on an official CD; But if I was an album producer I'd separate it exactly as Incanus laid out. It's the best of all worlds. It's easy for a home user to combine them but not to separate them if they are all already combined.

I'll definitely have from "Tink Grows Up" to the end of "The End Of Hook" as one whole huge piece. However, at the same time I'll be separating the whole sequence into the proper cues that they should be but they will be gapless playback.

I'll definitely have from "Tink Grows Up" to the end of "The End Of Hook" as one whole huge piece. However, at the same time I'll be separating the whole sequence into the proper cues that they should be but they will be gapless playback.

I will do the same but at the same time to have the seperate cues standing alone would also be very nice.

No, Intrada should do Indy!

Like George and Steven did, or did you mean something else? :blink:

ROTFLMAO

I have to say MV's avatar doesn't have so much excitement and kick as many since we already knew well in advance that Hook was coming. The release date crawling nearer on the other hand is damn exciting!

is that a revolver?

man, that is not a period firearm!

i demand a replacement... :P

:lol: We soundtrack fans are a picky bunch, aren't we? There is no pleasing us. :P

From LLL's Facebook page (bold is mine :)):

HOOK: EXPANDED ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK (2-CD SET)

LLLCD 1211

LIMITED EDITION OF 5000 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $29.98

RE-ISSUE PRODUCED BY DIDIER C. DEUTSCH AND MARK G. WILDER

MASTERED BY MARK G. WILDER AND MARIA TRIANA

SUPERVISED AND APPROVED BY JOHN WILLIAMS

LINER NOTES BY DANIEL SCHWEIGER

ART DIRECTION BY JIM TITUS

La-La Land Records and Sony Music presents the world premiere release of the official remastered and expanded edition of renowned composer John Williams's original score to the 1991 Tri-Star Pictures adventure/fantasy Steven Spielberg-directed epic, HOOK! Long considered one of the maestro's best scores in collaboration with Mr. Spielberg, this masterwork is finally presented here in a worthy 2-CD release that contains more than 140 mins of music, including alternate and unused cues, greatly expanding the score's original 1991 album assembly with more than 65 minutes of music previously unreleased. Amazing art design by Jim Titus and great, in-depth liners from film music writer Daniel Schweiger round out this amazing soundtrack experience that will have you never wanting to grow up!

This album assembly was supervised by John Williams . . .the completed project approved by both John Williams and Steven Spielberg.

We've been listening to this thing at La-La Land non-stop and are so excited to finally share it with all of you next Tuesday!

:worship:

Ahoy, matey’s! It’s almost here! No, not John William’s masterful score to HOOK, but Easter…and nothing says Easter like an awesome Alfred Newman biblical score!

THE ROBE: EXPANDED ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK (2-CD SET)

LLLCD 1203

LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

PRODUCED BY NICK REDMAN

MASTERED BY DANIEL HERSCH at d2 MASTERING

LINER NOTES BY JULIE KIRGO

ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

Like Christ, Alfred Newman’s heavenly score to the 1953 psychological biblical epic THE ROBE has risen from the dead. Long out of print, La-La Land Records resurrects one of Mr. Newman’s greatest scores, fully remastered and slightly longer than previous editions. This epic score has been given the Redman/Hersch/ Matessino attention it so richly deserves…never has this powerful score sounded so divine. Insightful liners by the lovely Julie Kirgo and masterful art direction by Dan Goldwasser also add to this classic reissue.

While it’s not a brightly colored Egg, our next release is certain to brighten some of your Easter baskets. . .

HOOK: EXPANDED ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK (2-CD SET)

LLLCD 1211

LIMITED EDITION OF 5000 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $29.98

RE-ISSUE PRODUCED BY DIDIER C. DEUTSCH AND MARK G. WILDER

MASTERED BY MARK G. WILDER AND MARIA TRIANA

LINER NOTES BY DANIEL SCHWEIGER

ART DIRECTION BY JIM TITUS

La-La Land Records and Sony Music presents the world premiere release of the official remastered and expanded edition of renowned composer John Williams's original score to the 1991 Tri-Star Pictures adventure/fantasy Steven Spielberg-directed epic, HOOK! Long considered one of the maestro's best scores in collaboration with Mr. Spielberg, this masterwork is finally presented here in a worthy 2-CD release that contains more than 140 mins of music, including alternate and unused cues, greatly expanding the score's original 1991 album assembly with more than 65 minutes of music previously unreleased. Amazing art design by Jim Titus and great, in-depth liners from film music writer Daniel Schweiger round out this amazing soundtrack experience that will have you never wanting to grow up!

This album assembly was supervised by John Williams . . .the completed project approved by both John Williams and Steven Spielberg.

We've been listening to this thing at La-La Land non-stop and are so excited to finally share it with all of you next Tuesday!

BOTH cd’s go on sale TUESDAY, MARCH 27 at 1 pm pst at

www.lalalandrecords.com

As well as other fine online soundtrack stores

Source: https://www.facebook...31953754&type=1

EDIT: Beaten by Maurizio!

:)

How much you guys think Hook will last? 1 day? 2 days? 3 days? More than a week? I'm surely ordering it the moment it will be online, but I think 5,000 copies at 30 bucks should last at least a week.

I predict it will sell out in 24-48 hours.

Between the early heads up and the extra promotion from JWFan and underscores.fr, everyone knows about this release.

Yeah, I guess it will sell out fast for sure.

Btw, after reading these lines

[...]a worthy 2-CD release that contains more than 140 mins of music, including alternate and unused cues, greatly expanding the score's original 1991 album assembly with more than 65 minutes of music previously unreleased.

will still there be people shouting and blaming that Williams does not endorse expanded/complete releases? :)

If Williams/his rep was so involved, it would have been cool for them to offer 100 or so autographs, however unlikely that would have been.

I'll give it till a day after their next release before it sells out.

More than 140 minutes presented, out of 150 recorded? We made out pretty well, could've been a lot worse.

It needs to be next Friday already. :D