La-La Land Records' HOOK (2CD Expanded) Anticipation thread

Jay

Do we know that 150 minutes is the exact number that was recorded? The release says there are Unused and Alternate cues, and there's possibly more of those than we actually know about.

Only 150 minutes of music was recorded for the film. 3CDs isn't necessary.

Around 150 minutes of unique music was recorded for Hook. 2 Discs is fine.

Jason, when the CD goes up for sale, are you going to make a spreadsheet/breakdown/etc., of what we'd have to take from where?

There's been no official statement on the matter or anything, but I've been compiling information about the Hook score for half my life and that's the figure I've come to and I believe it to be very very accurate.

140 minutes eh? With alternates and unused material? Now that sounds bangorang! :)

So my main concern is: Will I be able to get one on time? I can't check the internet continuously to put my order down as soon as possible.

When would Moviemusic.com start taking orders for this one? That's the site I usually use.

And then could I have it delivered to the ship in Fort Lauderdale? Should be possible. Looking forward to this one very much!

So my main concern is: Will I be able to get one on time? I can't check the internet continuously to put my order down as soon as possible.

When would Moviemusic.com start taking orders for this one? That's the site I usually use.

And then could I have it delivered to the ship in Fort Lauderdale? Should be possible. Looking forward to this one very much!

Peter will start taking orders on March 27th at 1pm PST when they go up for sale on LLL.

I'll be premiering some music (approx 5 mins) from the new Hook release this Saturday morning on Q Radio (between 7 and 8am GMT) for those wishing to tune in. An interview with La-La Land's Matt and Michael plus John Takis will be the main focus of the feature, so i'll keep you updated and post a link to the show in case you can't tune in live.

- Tim

Is it likely the set will contain the Lost Boy's song "Pick em Up"? I really hope not, it would really ruin the album for me if it was included.

I hope we get vocals in Presenting the Hook.

I'll be premiering some music (approx 5 mins) from the new Hook release this Saturday morning on Q Radio (between 7 and 8am GMT) for those wishing to tune in. An interview with La-La Land's Matt and Michael plus John Takis will be the main focus of the feature, so i'll keep you updated and post a link to the show in case you can't tune in live.

- Tim

w00t! I am looking forward to the link!

Here's the link to listen live from 6am GMT @ www.qradionetwork.com

Just click on the 'listen live' tab on the top left of the page. The schedule won't show Movie Magic as it usually airs as part of my 9am to 1pm show, this week is special so it needs a more dedicated spot away from the usual schedule.

The extended interview with more from Matt, Michael and John will be posted at my website from about 8am GMT @ http://www.timburden...ovie-magic.aspx

The actual premiere of music forms 2 parts, after Matt and Michael chat about their work, thoughts on film music and other releases the focus in part 2 will turn to Hook's production and ultimate realisation coupled with the premiere of some of the unreleased Ultimate War sequence (at last!)

Then, John Takis will give a more in-depth insight into the film and music along with commentary on another cue premiere, this time from Peter's first meeting with Hook.

Again, much of this will be extended for the web edit.

I hope you enjoy listening, either way!

:-o)

Is it possible to download your show as a small(-ish) file somewhere? I'm very interested, but stuck with exceptionally unreliable internet these days.

So if I've been paying attention, this is the first specialty soundtrack to have this much pre-release fanfare and hype, no? A lot of previous releases had hints and rumors (Blue Box comes to mind), but the label heads are doing radio and print interviews about it, announcing (officially) a month in advance, etc.

I'm having trouble coming up with a comparison that favors it (certainly not Phantom Menace or Indy IV :lol:), any ideas?

EDIT: To clarify, I mean by 'our' labels. Concord, Sony Classical, etc. don't count.

Hell, I took the day off work just to make sure I can order a copy on the first day within the first hour! :D I didn't want any chance of missing out on this release, which I have definitely wanted for the Ultimate War material alone since I really started getting into film scores. Hell, in my high school video class I used some of the unreleased war music from one of the boots in it, along with unreleased music from other scores. Funny thing is, all the music I used in that short film ended up getting complete/expanded releases over the next few years except for Hook. Now it too has finally happened. :)

Fascinating, I didn't know the middle of the movie was restructured to the degree that it was. John Takis' comments actually have me a little irritated that Sony couldn't put the deleted scenes on the blu-ray.

This was an excellent show, thanks Tim!

Excellent show indeed, Tim!

Listening to unreleased cues finally in good, pristine sound is like removing wool blankets from the speakers! :)

Indeed. The thought that this will be released on Tuesday makes me feel giddy. Over 10 years of waiting and hoping will be over. Truly a dream come true. :)

Excellent and very enlightening show Tim!

Here's the link to listen live from 6am GMT @ www.qradionetwork.com

Just click on the 'listen live' tab on the top left of the page. The schedule won't show Movie Magic as it usually airs as part of my 9am to 1pm show, this week is special so it needs a more dedicated spot away from the usual schedule.

The extended interview with more from Matt, Michael and John will be posted at my website from about 8am GMT @ http://www.timburden...ovie-magic.aspx

The actual premiere of music forms 2 parts, after Matt and Michael chat about their work, thoughts on film music and other releases the focus in part 2 will turn to Hook's production and ultimate realisation coupled with the premiere of some of the unreleased Ultimate War sequence (at last!)

Then, John Takis will give a more in-depth insight into the film and music along with commentary on another cue premiere, this time from Peter's first meeting with Hook.

Again, much of this will be extended for the web edit.

I hope you enjoy listening, either way!

:-o)

Great interview Tim! :) It was interesting to hear this thanks for that preview. :)

3 more days until it's available for purchase. I'm really looking forward to this as well.

Great Show! If I was very enthusiastic about this expanded release before, now I simply cannot wait!

Counting the minutes.

is there a way of downloading this show?

thanks

its ok i found how to ...

LINK REMOVED

From the Forum rules:

07 - You may embed videos of - or include a link to sites that stream - copyrighted material. However, links to sites where copyrighted material can be illegally downloaded are not allowed.

Have you guys ever ordered an album from La-La, Varese, etc. and gotten a CD with the case cracked? If yes, what did you do? Did you send it back or just replaced the case yourself?

I am afraid this might happen to me with Hook. It happened to me with 1941 (corner was a little broken). Which is really a pain.

Those labels have a very good service, but they need to work on that! We pay 30 bucks + shipping, so I expect the CD to be in flawless condition!