The Indiana Jones Movie and Score poll 2012

Jay

The Indiana Jones Movie and Score poll 2012  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which Indiana Jones FILM is your favorite?

• Raiders of the Lost Ark
    • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
  2. 2. Which Indiana Jones FILM is your LEAST favorite?

3. 3. Which Indiana Jones SCORE is your favorite?

4. 4. Which Indiana Jones SCORE is your LEAST favorite?

5. 5. Box set vs individual releases?

• I plan to eventually buy the box set of all 4 movies on Blu ray
    • I plan to eventually buy individual releases of the entries I like on Blu ray (when they become available)
    • I won't be buying any blu rays because even though I have a Blu Ray Player, I own the DVDs of the movies and that's good enough for me.
    • I won't be buying any blu rays because I don't own a Blu Ray player, otherwise I probably would.
    • I won't be buying any blu rays because I don't like any of these movies enough to want to own them.

Vote away!

For the record, I like ROTLA or TOD the most (depends on which day you ask me), like KOCS the least (its horrifically terrible), and will be buying the box set happily.

As far as scores go, depending on which day you ask me I can like any of the original 3 the most! But honestly its been TOD I've listened to the most in the past 4 years, so I'll vote for that one.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Raiders and TOD the most.

I dislike Least Crusade the most, but KOTCS is as Jason says horrifically terrible, save a few genuine moment's here and there.

I think all 4 scores have many great moments, while LC has the least it still has them.

also it should be noted that people might change their minds once the few nice surprises are announced.

All 4 scores are GOOD, but the original 3 are GREAT, in my opinion. But they are each great in their own different ways.

All 4 scores are GOOD, but the original 3 are GREAT, in my opinion. But they are each great in their own different ways.

The finale of KOTCS, the last two minutes, are as great as anything in what is perceived as the greatness of the first 3. John clearly had fun with that, and as a result so did I.

well one of the articles I read said there were some unannounced surprises. Once we know exactly what the set contains then some of us may decide the set is or isn't worth it at all. I for one would love a real piece about the music of the films, not some afterthought 3 or 4 min. thing, but a real exploration of the music, how it affects the film.

I bought the Superman Anthology on blu simply because I could get the original sound for Superman the Movie, I'll eventually get the Star Wars set, all 6 films, because of the extra's, but I'm waiting on the right price, so no doubt I'll end up with this set.

bluray.com is currently showing a 74.99 price which I find high for 4 films.

that's pretty cheap Jason. I will asked for this for Christmas. I personally am more excited about the prospect of Jaws coming in August, just in time for my birfday

Jaws is tempting as it's certainly one of my favorite all-time films, but I think I'd have to be pretty drunk to buy a BluRay.

well since I gave my dvd of Jaws away, I am currently without instant access to the film.

Imagine not being able to hear: You all know me, know how I earn a livin..

whenever you want. Life is cruel.

I'll get the boxset purely because I don't want to wait for the separate releases. I'll just wrap KotCS in duct tape and pretend it doesn't exist. Or I'll get someone to hypnotise me.

Anyway, I voted Raiders, film and score.

I gave my DVD of Jaws to my ex, years ago before she was me ex. Never got it back.

Thankfully it was the one with the stupid revamped 5.1 mix

Anyway, I voted Raiders, film and score.

I voted TOD. It has a scene were an Indian guy rips out someone's heart dude!

I wish this poll was where we could see who voted what. I wonder who said Raiders was their least favorite IJ score, I'm guessing Vosk.

that's pretty cheap Jason.

It's more than doable! You just gotta shop right and not care about having the hottest blus the moment they come out

I wish this poll was where we could see who voted what. I wonder who said Raiders was their least favorite IJ score, I'm guessing Vosk.

Um, this IS a poll where you can see who voted what....

Raiders has been my favourite Indy score ever since seeing the movie as a child. There's just too much greatness and awe in the Ark/Medallion themes, and the action cues are the stuff of nostalgic legend. I always preferred it over ToD being that Raiders is the much more dramatic and 'serious' of the two scores, matching the tone of the movie itself, as does ToD.

Yes, when I first started listening to it, I loved it, but then I started to get burned out on it, and never have been able to re-attain that love for it.

Raiders for both Favourite Film and Favourite Score, and Last Crusade for Least Favourite Film and Score....not that I dislike Last Crusade in the slightest - far from it - I just don't think it is as good as the other three.

that's pretty cheap Jason.

It's more than doable! You just gotta shop right and not care about having the hottest blus the moment they come out

for some reason I'm not seeing it. I'm sure it has something to do with our old browser.

Yes, when I first started listening to it, I loved it, but then I started to get burned out on it, and never have been able to re-attain that love for it.

It's all played out for me as well, I barely play at all anymore; doesn't mean I'm going to say it's the worst of the bunch.

I still do not have any Indiana Jones music on my mp3 player. But I'm going to get a new one and put it all on there.

for some reason I'm not seeing it. I'm sure it has something to do with our old browser.

Works for me in Chrome, Firefox, and IE9. Just gotta scroll to the top, each poll choice has a "view" option on it you can click to see who voted for it.

Just gotta scroll to the top, each poll choice has a "view" option on it you can click to see who voted for it.

Hadn't noticed that before. Very revealing...

It's a new feature we got when Andreas upgraded us from ipboard 3.1 to 3.2, I believe.

Raiders is the best film and score, hands down. They both do more with less.

Kingdom is the worst film (obviously) and Last Crusade is the worst score.

I won't be buying the set because I don't own Blu-Ray player.

Karol

I dislike Last Crusade the most.

This is so wrong. Surely TLC is better film than KOTCS, beats also TOD which is kind of mess.

I still love TOD because it brought us a brilliant score.

No, I don't agree, I have stated in the past why Least Crusade doesn't work well for me. In no universe is it a better film than TOD!

It's a new feature we got when Andreas upgraded us from ipboard 3.1 to 3.2, I believe.

I knew those awesome useful features over the last version must be hiding away somewhere.

I voted TOD for film, Raiders for score. Kind of an odd comment, but Raiders is so amazing when I listen to it, I often forget it's an Indiana Jones film.

I honestly think of raider and Temple as films almost equally. While I like Temple of Doom more, I think Raiders is absolute perfection. Temple of Doom is down a notch just because it came second.

While Last Crusade is GREAT, I like it less than the other two because they force feed some of the Raiders memories in there, and I hate seeing Marcus portrayed as a bumbling old man.

Best film; Raiders. The first three are all really close. Temple of Doom is possibly the ultimate in "whimsical darkness", and what Last Crusade lacks in originailty it makes up for in pure fun. And Sean Connery.

Worst film: KotCS. After seeing Tintin I don't think Spielberg's heart was in it.

Best score: The first three are so close that it's almost irrelevant to find reasons to call one better than the others. I voted Temple of Doom, though that can change depending on mood.

Worst score: KotCS. After hearing Tintin I KNOW Williams' heart wasn't in it.

I'll get the Blus eventually, not right away.

Works for me in Chrome, Firefox, and IE9. Just gotta scroll to the top, each poll choice has a "view" option on it you can click to see who voted for it.

at work we have the older IE. We'll be upgraded soon but it plays hell with some sites. I know it works at home on Firefox.

Wow, where do you work? Old version of IE are INCREDIBLY unsafe. You are opening up your computer to a TON of potential hacks and exploits.

Always do your web browsing with Firefox or Chrome!

Jason, many companies and government departments only allow the use of IE.

winner and champion!!!

If I was a government employee, I would do my WORK in IE, and install Firefox to browse random websites. if I wasn't allowed to install apps, I wouldn't browse random websites! Older version of IE are just extremely unsafe and a horrible app to use to talk to external websites

IE9 is better

if you did that Jason you'd be terminated. Not the Arnold kind. what I browse is usually safe, Jwfan, AICN, bluray.com, imdb, digbits, espn, darkhorizon. The only time I did get a virus was on another gov. website...go figure. what's scary is the increasing number of attacks on macs

Raiders is easly the best film (heck, it's one of the greatest films ever made), though it might no be everyone's favorite.

My favorite Indy score is actually The Last Crusade. All of them are pretty great, but the action music in the second half of TOD sometimes is just too much, too unrelenting.

The Last Crusade has absolutely stellar thematic material and even has a score within a score. It has a great sense of globetrotting adventure and I love the european and medieval sounding bits.

And just for the record, my two absolute favorite tracks from Raiders are Into the Jungle and Well of the Souls