Ultimate Harry Potter Wizards Collection (31 Disc Blu-Ray Set)

King Mark

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contains 31 discs, inclusive of all content ever previously released, in addition to over 5 hours of never before seen special features, in a limited and numbered edition.

18 Movie Discs

• Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Theatrical Version and Extended Cut
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Theatrical Version and Extended Cut
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 2D and 3D Versions
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 2D and 3D Versions

13 Special Feature Discs

Includes multiple specially-produced, collectable memorabilia items, including concept art, a Map of Hogwarts and much more! Check back for further details coming in 2012

I thought DHp1 was never converted to 3D?

And how in the world do the movies themselves take up 18 discs???????

Contains 31 discs, inclusive of all content ever previously released, in addition to over 5 hours of never before seen special features, in a limited and numbered edition.

18 Movie Discs

13 Special Feature Discs

Includes multiple specially-produced, collectable memorabilia items, including concept art, a Map of Hogwarts and much more! Check back for further details coming in 2012

Maybe a typo? Probably 8, even the LOTR extended editions don't have 18 discs. Theres no way the movies alone take 18 discs.

It can't be 8, unless they had typos on the "31 total discs" part too. And they've got multiple version of 4 of the films. 16 discs seems more likely, but maybe the extended versions are really extended.

It was, just not in time for its theatrical release.

Anyway, I hope they reissue it later in simpler packaging, and at a lower price. Or that Amazon does one heck of a Lightning Deal sometime. I've been holding off buying Potter on video this whole time, waiting for the eventual ultimate set... but I can't justify spending $350 for 8 films.

ETA: The set comes with DVDs too. The breakdown is probably:

8 Blu-rays + 2 3-D Blu-rays + 8 DVDs + 13 bonus discs = 31 discs

It can't be 8, unless they had typos on the "31 total discs" part too. And they've got multiple version of 4 of the films. 16 discs seems more likely, but maybe the extended versions are really extended.

Ahh, I missed that. Ya, 16 makes more sense, and maybe 2 more discs were thrown in there with deleted scenes and extra footage and stuff that might not have been on the special features discs. Wow, this must be quite extensive.

With all these CDs, there better be at least one dedicated to the music of the franchise ;)

It's because of the UltraViolet Digital Copy:

8 Blu Rays (1 for each movie)

8 discs containing digital copies (1 for each movie)

2 Blu Rays for 3D versions of DH

= 18 discs

-------------

I hadn't watched the packaging video before. It does look pretty cool!

Oh blah, I'm satisfied with my current boxset. The only thing that would tempt me to get this are isolated scores and audio commentaries.

(Y)

18 Movie Discs

13 Special Feature Discs

Includes both DVD and Bluray editions.

I for one, am disaappointed and will not shell out the cash for this.

I don't know why people are even entertaining the hope that we might get an isolated score!

What's the last JW movie released on DVD or Bluray that had an isolated score? E.T.?

18 Movie Discs

13 Special Feature Discs

Yes you are right. Apparently UltraViolet is not a digital copy you get to own - it's a service you sign up for, and whenever you want to what "your" digital copy you have to stream it through a live internet connection. lame!

So then it must be:

8 DVDs (1 for each movie)

= 18 discs

I don't know why people are even entertaining the hope that we might get an isolated score!

What's the last JW movie released on DVD or Bluray that had an isolated score? E.T.?

1941. ET has the audio of the film + the score conducted live.

What about KotCS? There was isolated score there.

What? Where? :blink:

There's some revisualization sequences or something where you can watch visual mock ups of action scenes (really crude effects).

What about KotCS? There was isolated score there.

What? Where? :blink:

There's some revisualization sequences or something where you can watch visual mock ups of action scenes (really crude effects).

Those are nice yeah, but they hardly count as an "isolated score"!

"Isolated Score" implies you can hear the ENTIRE score of the film as an alternate audio track while watching the movie itself

I'm tired of people complaining about the price of such box sets.

"Wow, it's too expensive!" "How am I supposed to buy that?" "I'd love to have that, but I don't have the money for it!" Blabediblabedibla.

You know that if you'd steal it, you'd have it for free? Idiots!

I judge a boxset like this by the cost per film. Bond, Star Wars, and even the gold standard, the Alien Anthology—all very reasonably priced when you break them down per film. I like the Potter movies, but I think $43.75 each is way too high. I never pay that much for a single title.

Maybe some of the market still has DVD players and having some future-proofing is nice.

Still reeks of trying to milk the franchise for everything they can though.

If however, that milking came in a more musical form... bring it on!

I'm tired of people complaining about the price of such box sets.

"Wow, it's too expensive!" "How am I supposed to buy that?" "I'd love to have that, but I don't have the money for it!" Blabediblabedibla.

You know that if you'd steal it, you'd have it for free? Idiots!

I judge a boxset like this by the cost per film. Bond, Star Wars, and even the gold standard, the Alien Anthology—all very reasonably priced when you break them down per film. I like the Potter movies, but I think $43.75 each is way too high. I never pay that much for a single title.

I don't think that's a fair assessment, since the set offers much more than the 8 films. But even still taking the other stuff into account it's probably way overpriced.

It'll probably drop to around $200 when nobody buys it.

That's still WAY too much for an eight-film collection. Warners needs to get off their asses and do a comprehensive Blade Runner/Batman Anthology treatment for their biggest franchise. I'm sick of them constantly pushing out subpar double-dips like the Ultimate Editions, which aren't worth the shelf space or extra money.

That's the only way I'll double dip. Having Harry Potter: Years 1-7.1 plus DH pt. 2 is enough to tide me over until WB gets their act together.

I 100% agree with this. There's tons of archival behind the scenes footage, alot of deleted footage (CoS runs 3 hours and there's still some delted scenes, GoF had some, including Priori Incantatem and (an alternate ending), even some scoring sessions or something would be nice. Come on WB!

18 Movie Discs

13 Special Feature Discs

Yes you are right. Apparently UltraViolet is not a digital copy you get to own - it's a service you sign up for, and whenever you want to what "your" digital copy you have to stream it through a live internet connection. lame!

So then it must be:

8 DVDs (1 for each movie)

= 18 discs

What about the special features Blu-ray discs from the Ultimate Edition releases? That would make 24 discs.

It'll probably drop to around $200 when nobody buys it.

That's still WAY too much for an eight-film collection. Warners needs to get off their asses and do a comprehensive Blade Runner/Batman Anthology treatment for their biggest franchise. I'm sick of them constantly pushing out subpar double-dips like the Ultimate Editions, which aren't worth the shelf space or extra money.

Well there's your answer right there. Harry Potter is their biggest franchise, so they can and are getting away with all the double dips. They know people will continue to cough up their money, and people are.

Harry Potter sucks, so it doesn't matter to me either way. I only like Prisoner Of Azkaban.

Harry Potter sucks, so it doesn't matter to me either way. I only like Prisoner Of Azkaban.

Actually Harry Potter doesn't suck at all! It's one of the best franchises of all time, on the same level as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, James Bond, etc.

But I realized that personally I am only interested in the first 3 movies, for obvious reasons.

Yeah, harry potter is one of the best, and stayed consistently well-made throughout the entire series, and never really dipped in quality (imo), and there's not much franchises that don't do that, much less an 8-film-series franchise.

Yeah, harry potter is one of the best, and stayed consistently well-made throughout the entire series, and never really dipped in quality (imo), and there's not much franchises that don't do that, much less an 8-film-series franchise.

Quality wise, I think the series has its highs and lows. Highs being PS/SS, POA, OOTP, DH2 to banal mediocrity being COS, GOF, HBP, with DH1 being somewhere in the middle.