The JWFan Office Pool 2012: When will HOOK sell out?

Jay

HOOK will go up for sale at 1pm PST on Tuesday, March 27th. When will it sell out? Make your guess in this thread and the winner will receive a free CD from me. I have about 4-5 random film score CDs floating around that you can pick from.

The only rule is that you must select a 15-minute increment of time, and must post your guess in PST. So for example you can guess Wednesday March 18th at 5:00, 5:15, 5:30, or 6:00 PST but you cannot guess 5:17, 5:38, or 6:01. (Though you are welcome to post a specific time like that if you want, for extra cred if you are right)

Post your guesses here and I will compile them in the main post. Once you make your guess you cannot change! I will be taking guesses right up until the CD goes on sale.

Whoever guesses closest to the sell-out date posted by LLL wins a free cd!

Wednesday, March 28 -- 10:15 AM PST. - Mike C

Wednesday, March 28th, 12:00PM PST - scallenger

March 28th at 1:00 PST. - ET&Elliot4Ever

Thursday, March 29th at 11:00 AM. - Incanus

March 29th, HIGH NOON. - The_Trout

Thursday, March 29 at 5:00 PM PST - Hedji

Friday at noon - Mr. Movies

Friday, March 30th 1.15 PM PST - fommes

Friday, March 30th at 7:00 PM PST - indy4

8:30 PM PST on Friday the 30th. - Kendall Ozzel

Friday, March 30th 10.15 PM PST - Marian Schedenig

Saturday March 31, 2012 - NOON - K.K.

March 31 4:15 pm PST - ST-321

March 31st at 9pm PST - Richard Penna

Sunday, April 1st, 15:00 PM - hornist

April 1st at 5:45 PM - crocodile

April 1st at roughly 6pm EST - Charlie Brigden

April 3rd, 1PM PST - wanner251

Thuesday 3rd April at 09:15 PM PST. - Alexander

April 4th, 7.30 pm - tannhauser

April 10, 10:00 PM. - Ro Sajooc

Wednesday April 11th, 6:15pm PST - Joe Brausam

April 12th, 6:00 PM - Josh500

April 27th, 1:00 pm. - Luke Skywalker

May 2nd, 6 PM - Wojo

May 10th, 1 PM - Stefan Cosman

May 17, 14:00 - Thor

June 2nd, Noon - TheTennisBallKid

Derp derp derp - Bloodboal

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people went crazy enough for Die Hard, and I believe Hook is much more sought after than that, I'm gonna be the extremest and actually say:

Wednesday, March 28th, 12:00PM PST

If people went crazy enough for Die Hard, and I believe Hook is much more sought after than that.

I have to agree with you on this one.

I for one could not even begin to try and figure out when this would sell out. However, if Hook is still around by April 6th I'll be really surprised.

since its so unlikely i'm going to get this right... i'll just say this:

Like every new williams release in recent years (amazingly) it will not sell out in hours and will last by the least a month (or even wont sell out :P) . so that would be April 27th, 1:00 pm.

Trying to use a bit of logic here, I think 5000 is a high enough number to make it stick around for a while. Sure, it's a fan favourite -- long desired -- but I've seen bigger titles with only 3000 CD's take a long, long time. Also, there are -- believe it or not -- quite a few people like me who love Williams, love the score, but that are content with the Epic release. So they're probably out too.

As such, I think it will stick around to, say, May 17, at least (just a random day that also happens to be the Norwegian national day). If not longer.

Of course, I may be totally off here. Time will show. Either way, it's gonna be a big seller.

Whatever the date is in BTTF2 time circuits panel. That's my guess.

October 21, 2015

It's the only date that happens after the movie Hook was even made.

No, I think he means it's going to sell out 126 years ago.

True.

Actually, can I change my answer? I think it'll sell out on September 2, 1885. Hope you're giving away something I like, Jason! :P

If people went crazy enough for Die Hard, and I believe Hook is much more sought after than that, I'm gonna be the extremest and actually say:

Wednesday, March 28th, 12:00PM PST

Apples and oranges. Like Predator, Die Hard went fast mainly because its only previous release was a limited edition with a hefty secondary market value. People snapped it up either because they couldn't afford the last CD or they had the Varese and wanted to sell it for a premium.

I think the 5000 limit may make some people think they can wait a bit, but I'll go for April 1st at roughly 6pm EST.

I'm gonna say 8:30 PM PST on Friday the 30th.

But it's hard to say. It is a very popular score. It's Williams. Oft requested expansion. But it is a good OST, and a readily available one. We'll see...

I dunno, maybe were overestimating how popular Hook is as a score in the general film score population

sure it's popular here at JWfan , but the FSM crowd would rather have a more obscure Goldsmith title than this

I read a page of comments there and a lot seemed to say the OST had enough music

Hook is more popular than Star Trek V

I really don't think so. That is a Goldsmith score.

Yes, the Star Trek franchise has much more aficionados than Hook, I guess.

I'm sure it will sell out pretty fast, but I don't expect an instant 24-48 hrs one.

Trying to use a bit of logic here, I think 5000 is a high enough number to make it stick around for a while. Sure, it's a fan favourite -- long desired -- but I've seen bigger titles with only 3000 CD's take a long, long time. Also, there are -- believe it or not -- quite a few people like me who love Williams, love the score, but that are content with the Epic release. So they're probably out too.

Actually I agree with this.

It's hard to imagine 5,000 (!) copies selling out within 2 or 3 days. Sure, there will be many who will buy multiple copies, but even so... 5,000 is a LOT!

I would say April 12th, 6:00 PM.

:)