Is There a 'Witches of Eastwick' Complete Score Available?

romantico

I have the original soundtrack cd (original soundtrack release) but was curious if they ever released an expanded or complete score on CD. One of my favorite Williams scores. If it has not been released I would hope it would be soon. Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately there has not been a complete score release of The Witches of Eastwick yet and I do not think we have any information suggesting that it would be coming in near future. I would also welcome it since it is one of my favourite Williams scores as well.

There was a bootleg CD released around 15 years ago, I remember picking it up in London in 1997. I'm not sure if it's complete, but it's much longer than the legit release.

I just googled it and found an older thread here that said it was made from the isolated DVD track. It also has on it the two pieces Williams recorded for the Salute to Hollywood CD: Ballroom Sequence and concert version of the main theme.

And speaking of that theme, if you haven't heard it yet, this CD features a great version of the theme for violin and piano arranged by Williams:

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B00004XRY7

The bootleg c.d. has both film and album versons of "The Destruction Of Daryl". It is worth getting hold of, as it is sourced from the isolated score on the (region 2, at least) d.v.d., coupled with c.d.tracks. The sound is very, very clean, but it was limited to 666 (!) copies.

I'm not sure the bootleg was a direct rip from the iso score. But if you live in the US, you can try to find the DVD release to check it. I believe some zone 2 releases also included the iso score, sadly not the one I own.