'Superman Returns' Complete Score

romantico

I was curious if an expanded or complete score to SUPERMAN RETURNS has been considered. I am aware of bootlegs out there and since the SUperman films got a excellent box er a few years ago, I was hoping we would see a deluxe edition of this score done sometime soon.(since it has John Williams Superman and Love theme in it)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John Ottman created a promotional CD of additional music that was not on the OST and there was also a DVD made of the complete recording sessions, but there has been no legal release of additional music that can be purchased commercially.

Thanks for the reply. Did not know that. It's too bad. All things SUPERMAN usually ells and I think this would sell out real fast if it were released. I've been hearing rumors for a while now that Bryan Singer has a director's cut of the movie he plans to release on BLU Ray. Maybe then it may come out. Thanks again.

Personally I wouldn't expect an official expanded (or complete) release for this score for quite a long time (as in years). The sessions are definitely the best thing to have, if you know how to get them.

I know this score gets a lot of flak here but I for one really enjoy it.

Personally I wouldn't expect an official expanded (or complete) release for this score for quite a long time (as in years). The sessions are definitely the best thing to have, if you know how to get them.

I know this score gets a lot of flak here but I for one really enjoy it.

As do I, I thought this was a great score!

I think the problem is that it's a relatively new score, and doesn't have the same love that the previous scores have. It's not going to be high on anyone's priority list, plus the fees would be high (huge orchestra, huge choir).

I can see this getting an expansion maybe even from LLLR. Probably a few years from now . if Elfman's POTA got an expansion and is barely 11 years old (going by year not release date). Then I don't see why Ottman's SR wouldn't or couldn't. Plus it's Superman. So it'll happen someday just not right now.