The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn - My Complete Compilation (just the tracklist)

Compiler411

I couldn't resist being obsessive, and possibly making choices that Williams would shake his head toward: this is my official tracklist combining the original Tintin soundtrack, the promo score, and the background score on the UK Tintin site, "Live The Adventure." This is only the tracklist, but I have edited everything together, meaning I have taken the fullest bits of promo tracks that have been edited down in their OST counterparts (and vice-versa) and used careful iMovie crossfading to the best of my ability to get it all together in a way that sounds pleasing on its own and overall faithful to the score as heard in the film. I've made sure each cut between OST to promo is as smooth as humanly possible, with some strangeness in the crossfades just here and there. Because of the number of edits and loops that appear on both soundtracks, my discussion of my track list won't be nearly as detailed as E.T. Here goes!

1. The Adventures Of Tintin

• The promo version; it contains overlays of extra percussion and muted trumpet (at about 1:46 on the OST) that're awesome additions :)

1. Snowy’s Theme

• The OST version; no differences.

1. The Secret Of The Scrolls

• The OST version; no differences. Despite the clean ending on the promo, the promo has one weird edit, the OST one works just fine.

1. Introducing The Thompsons, And Snowy’s Chase*

• 0:00-1:43 - Promo
  • 1:43-2:00 - OST (1:43-1:52 on Promo, but with original euphonium bit edited in).
  • 2:00-2:28 - Promo (alternate to first encounter with Silk)
  • 2:28-5:27 - just as it appears on OST (end of Silk's getaway to end of snowy's chase). Promo edits are fixed, and extended stringline with snowy at the window is included
  • (this brings me to loops that Jason LeBlanc mentioned in his analysis; sometimes I don't think they're always loops, but they're full versions of edits made in the OST. When the promo loops sound smooth enough, I include them, if they don't, I back off.)

1. Marlinspike Hall

• Mix of OST and Promo; second half of OST is in there, edits made on Promo are fixed, and loops & longer instrumental lines are included.

1. Escape From The Karaboudjan

• About the same as OST, with loops and extended instrumental lines within first 45 seconds or so, and the Snowy's Chase insert is excluded (i considered keeping it, but it felt too awkward, and I'm pretty sure it's a slightly sped-up version of 3:02-3:09 of Snowy's Chase in OST Track #4 )

1. Sir Francis And The Unicorn

• Wow, tons of edits throughout. I've included looping in the promo version that sounded smooth enough, and I've most certainly brought in the original OST intro that's not there for some reason. Important: I have removed the Old Enemies Meet insert present in the promo version; the OST instrumental that occurs there instead flows nicer, and we'll be hearing Old Enemies Meet later in top form on Clash and Thirst in my playlist :)

1. Captain Haddock Takes The Oars*

• The first half has the new promo intro, and edits made on the promo excluding OST bits are fixed. The second half is all OST
  • (this brings me to my end credits; when there were alternate forms of large segments of a track, like capturing Silk in this case, I chose either the promo version of it or the OST version and integrated it into my own custom end credits. The original mix of Sir Francis, Snowy's Theme, and Adventure Continues are all still there. Tracks with material moved to the credits are marked with an asterix *). Don't worry, the credits don't sound splice-y ;).

1. Feather Knife

• Normal edits fixed.
  • NAME: Promo verison.

1. Red Rackham’s Curse And The Treasure

• Normal edits fixed.

1. Portuguese Plane

• The promo version; no differences.
  • I love whoever put the promo together to death for putting it in, and I figured that I shouldn't just put it in semi-sequentially after Haddock Takes The Oars. Following suit on Williams' customary presentation-ordering of tracks on initial releases, I decided the best spot for this was between Rackham and Silk. It's not the best balance of quiet-and-action music, but it's close enough, and its a way to make it precede Flight To Bagghar by just enough.
  • NAME: From Complete Cue List, courtesy of Jason LeBlanc.
  • Just as side note; if they ever rerelease this soundtrack with bonus tracks, my votes are on the originally-intended Picking Pockets, a proper presentation of "Je Veux Vivre," and a compilation of more Karaboudjan music entitled, I'm Tintin, By The Way.

1. Capturing Mr. Silk

1. The Flight To Bagghar

• ​Various edits fixed, some loops included, unreleased bits definitely included, and brief silences included but trimmed slightly so we don't hear the dead space.

1. The Milanese Nightingale

• ​Promo intro added, and edits on promo fixed.

1. Presenting Bianca Castafiore

• The OST version; no differences
  • (So hope to God, if they rerelease this soundtrack one day, we will get all the opera source used, and be spared the chinking glass and splice between Fleming's high C & F)

1. The Pursuit Of The Falcon**

• Oh gosh, dozens of edits here, this was the hardest track to edit. I constantly alternate between promo and OST, but I will say that pretty much all of the unreleased bits Jason LeBlanc mentioned are present, and I've included both versions of Haddock jumping onto the jeep yelling "Geronimo!" (this is one of my weaker edits).
  • The reason for the double asterix is that the alternate ending is not in the end credits; I decided that since it already appears on the background score - the last track - I'd keep it there.

1. The Captain’s Counsel

• The OST version, save for just one edit to include the full mystery solving segment present on the OST.

1. The Clash Of The Cranes*

• Lots of edits, but mostly for the first half, since the promo contains unreleased material, but is edited down from bits present in OST.

1. The Coordinates

• The promo version; no differences
  • NAME: Complete Cue List, courtesy of Jason LeBlanc

1. Return To Marlinspike Hall And Finale

• I've faded from the beginning of the strings at 1:08 in the original OST soundtrack to include the music highlighting Haddock's & Tintin's entrance into Marlinspike and meeting up with Nestor. From then on its a mix of OST and promo with the fullest bits of each mixed together; not too much editing needed to happen here other than bringing the OST intro in.

1. The Adventure Continues

1. End Credits

• 0:00-1:26: Sir Francis And The Unicorn - Promo Mix
  • *1:26-2:00: Introducing The Thompsons - OST ------------- 0:00-0:34
  • *2:00-2:45: Haddock Takes The Oars ----- Promo ---------- 2:01-2:49
  • *2:45-3:13: Introducing The Thompsons - OST ------------- 0:52-1:21
  • 3:13-5:20: Snowy's Theme ---------------- Promo Mix
  • 5:20-7:54: The Adventure Continues ---- Promo Mix
  • *7:54-8:39: The Clash Of The Cranes ----- OST ------------- 3:05-3:49

1. A Thirst For Adventure

• Background score on UK site, with my own slight attempt at fading it out since it ends rather abruptly
  • NAME: taken from original title set for Adventure Continues; thought it would be nice to stick to original intentions :)
  • Contains promo version of ending to Falcon

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

old enemies meet insert?

Looks nice though.

My expanded edit with BR-rips, the Academy Promo, the OST and the music from the UK site clocks at 92 minutes and 16 seconds.

Unless it's not an insert, I could be wrong. But the exact same cue shows up later, and i figured things in Sir Francis already flowed better without it.

BR-rips?

Nice! Mine's clocks in roughly at 84 minutes, I think.