Jay

La-La Land Records' HOOK (2CD Expanded) Discussion thread

Yeah, I'd want them to take the A.I. route rather than the Superman one. Rather as many valuable alternates and early things than reconstructing a readily available album.

Does anyone have a definitive list of every cue on the LLL release that was sourced from the film stems? Seems like it's not just parts of the Ultimate War but also End Credits and parts of Leaving Neverland?

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Legend, thanks Jay.

Interesting, had no idea the revised ending to Flight to Neverland was taken from the film stems! It's probably the best sounding of the batch, reasonably seamlessly edited into the proper elements. End Credits sounds okay but you can really hear some compression artifacts/distortion in the quieter sections (like around 4:20, where there's just no detail to Williams' orchestrations).

I don't have the OST but it appears the original ending for Flight to Neverland was used on the OST, and presumably Williams revised the ending when the film edit changed?

I can't remember off the top of my head if the original (OST) ending still matches the final film footage or not.  I believe however that the scene was extended after the inital scoring, and so the new ending was recorded to match the longer footage, but I'm not positive as I sit here

I was genuinely shocked that the LLL producers didn't at least attempt to equalise the sound level dips on the film stems. I find those cues unlistenable as a result. Oh please let this get a proper revisit (even if Sony does it themselves).