Lost World Sampler/Promo?

Score_Fan

As I was scouring ebay, I found this.

Legit? I may buy it, but I'm not sure.

http://www.ebay.com/...ue#ht_776wt_956

:lol:

You know, I thought it was legit, and I got it years ago... and I regretted it!

What's on the CD is the Main Theme which is also on the OS album, and a bunch of sound effects. T-Rex roars and what not. No new music whatsoever. In fact, as regards music, the Main Theme is all that's on the album.

If you look very closely, you can see the duration: First track is 3 minutes and something... that's the main theme. All the other tracks are just a few seconds.... those are just sound effects!

I've been wanting a JP/TLW/JP3 expanded set in a while, and this and SM3 are pretty much my last remaning holy grails (a few zimmers, some newman; but after that, that is all)

Speaking of TLW... this should be the next score to get an Expanded Release treatment!

Indeed!

I hold people who can't even spell JURASSIC right in contempt!

Yes, even if they do it on purpose! :P

I've been wanting a JP/TLW/JP3 expanded set in a while, and this and SM3 are pretty much my last remaning holy grails (a few zimmers, some newman; but after that, that is all)

Aren't you forgetting the HP scores, the SW prequel scores, etc?

I couldn't care less about JP3, by the way.

Last remaining Holy Grails... let's see Far and Away, Lost World, SW1-3, HP2-3, TESB and RotJRemastered, JP1, TOD complete,...

I have a lot to be looking forward to :)

First two Jurassics definitely.

I continue to be amazed that in almost 20 years, not a single extra track of either score has ever leaked.

For the Potters, sessions leaks are more likely than WB letting their iron grip go.

• 1 year later...

What do you mean, you have promo CDs for Jurassic Park, The Lost World, and Jurassic Park III?

Are you telling us they contain different music than the normal commercial releases?

The promo CD in question was -- if memory serves -- a sampler disc sent to radio stations and such back in the 90s (which begs the question -- which radio station would play THE LOST WORLD music?!).

No,

The tracks I have are as follows:

Jurassic Park: 31 total tracks

Lost World: 51 tracks (17 tracks are bonus ones with different variations or sfx)

JP 3: 28 total tracks

Again these are NOT the commercial releases and contain expanded tracks

The promo CD in question was -- if memory serves -- a sampler disc sent to radio stations and such back in the 90s (which begs the question -- which radio station would play THE LOST WORLD music?!).

Austrian radio might have played it. They used to have a bi-weekly (as far as I recall) 30 minute broadcast about film music, helmed and hosted by two film score enthusiasts. You'll probably see them at Hollywood in Vienna. The show was cancelled several years ago.

No,

The tracks I have are as follows:

Jurassic Park: 31 total tracks

Lost World: 51 tracks (17 tracks are bonus ones with different variations or sfx)

JP 3: 28 total tracks

Again these are NOT the commercial releases and contain expanded tracks

Yea those are just bootlegs made by people who ripped music out of the DVD, not official (or legal) promos

Though this is not my video, this is an example. Note though my audio doesn't sound warped like this video. Note the difference starting at 2:14 to the end.

http://youtu.be/pnlE4RHJkcs

Again, if you guys want this (as I highly doubt it will be officially released) I can send a link (not charging). A few years back I came across them and is by far very scarce.

Yes, for 20 years people have been combining what was released on the OST with additional music ripped from the VHS, laserdiscs, DVDs, or blu rays of the films. These are called fan edits, and it's against the rules to offer to send them to anyone on the main board here on JWFan.

08 - Discussion of music CDs before they are in stores (ie when they "leak" to the internet) is allowed, as is discussion of leaked recording sessions, sheet music, and other bootlegs. HOWEVER:
a) You may not post a link to, or name of, any site where this material can be illegally downloaded.
b) You may not offer on the public forums to send this material to anybody who PMs you.
c) You may not ask on the public forums for somebody to PM you a link to this material.

In other words: On the public forums, please discuss the music only, and not where to get it. This rule will be strictly enforced.

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20175

Everybody's heard fan edits, they are all over every file sharing site and all over youtube. If you had CLEAN music without sound effects over it for the Lost World, that would certainly be extraordinary!!

Stefancos, it serves me right I guess for simply registering here and offering something some were believed to be searching for, only to be welcomed kindly to this site by someone.

No worries. Since it seems the Internet yields people with unlimited knowledge of exactly what people possess (bootleg or promotional) and what they are offering.

And thanks again for the warm welcome to the internet. Much obliged.

Cheers

Tman, I sent you a PM with some information for you. Also I wanted to let you know that a few months back, Universal released a 20th Anniversary Edition Soundtrack for Jurassic Park with 11 new minutes of clean John Williams music included. You can read about it here!

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23041

It's available at whatever digital retailer you prefer:

https://www.hdtracks...D00602537350995

(The only way to get it lossless)