What's the Next Williams Expanded Release?

King Mark

Next Expanded JW Release  

48 members have voted

1. 1. The Next Williams Expanded Release

• Harry Potter Box Set
    • Dracula
    • Jurassic Park
    • The Lost World
    • Jurassic Park/The Lost World Combo
    • Star Wars Prequels
    • A 60's comedy score
    • Other...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted for JP/TLW combo!

Well, the list is getting shorter...

Not necessarily, because we're getting new ones all the time: Tintin, War Horse, etc.

Not that any of these will get an Expanded Edition treatment any time soon.

For the first time in a while we don't have any "imminent" release

I hope it's not another 5 year Williams drought

Not necessarily, because we're getting new ones all the time: Tintin, War Horse, etc.

We got a bit expanded with the FYC's. At least a got my most wanted unreleased cue in each score ( Catching the Plane and The Harnesses)

I hope it's not another 5 year Williams drought

Well, I wouldn't really mind.

We're still getting Lincoln at the end of the year, remember.

Jurassic.

I don't think a 2 score combo is likely, and discounting the 'impossible' franchises (Indy, Potter, SW), it comes down to JP and Dracula as the most requested expansions. And I don't care about Dracula :)

Well I voted combo, but I actually meant that we might be getting JP and then (a short time later) TLW!

I should have voted for just JP then, maybe.

I really hope JP and TLW happen soon. TLW is more in the need of serious expansion but complete JP is something I wouldn't say no to.

If--and I say if--a complete JP was released, wouldn't that sell out even faster than HOOK?

Sure, on JP, not much music is missing, but still . . . who in his right mind would want to miss Jurassic Park???

Even folks who usually aren't fans of orchestral film scores like the score of JP!

I really hope JP and TLW happen soon. TLW is more in the need of serious expansion but complete JP is something I wouldn't say no to.

I would.

DRACULA, on the other hand...

I would.

DRACULA, on the other hand...

I never knew I would some day quote Bloodie but

You're delusional.

Dracula is very likely to come, either from Varèse or Intrada. I'm sure we'll get it before the end of the year.

Jurassic Park is gonna be re-released in 3D this summer with much fanfare, so there could be a soundtrack release of sorts as a tie-in, maybe coupled with The Lost World as well. But I don't expect an archival FSM-type of release. It's more likely we'll get something along the lines of the Indy boxset.

Harry Potter scores are domain of Warner Bros., so it's really up to them if and when to re-release new soundtrack editions of their biggest franchise ever. They showed care and interest for these kinds of releases targeted at niche audiences, hence it's something it could happen.

Star Wars prequels are very unlikely, at least for the near future.

For all the rest, let's hope specialty labels will continue to sift through the various archives to dig up between sure best-sellers and lesser-known gems.

Jurassic Park is gonna be re-released in 3D this summer with much fanfare, so it could be there will be a soundtrack release of sorts as a tie-in, maybe coupled with The Lost World as well.

Really? Didn't know that!

You have a source?

Never mind, I found it.

http://collider.com/...se-date/152554/

Well, yes. The 20th anniversary. Yeah, I am pretty sure we'll be getting the expanded editions of the soundtracks then!

I can assure every that we are NOT about to enter a drought of Williams releases...... in fact, it's quite the opposite.

Start saving your sheckles....

BTW, I voted for "Other..." :whistle:

Let's hope that doesn't mean i have to wait fo all the JURASSIC PARKs, FAR AND AWAYs and PATRIOTS till i fnally get my DRACULA... :shakehead:

I'd rather see a complete Minority Report and a complete (official) A.I. than Dracula!

I already have the Main Theme from Dracula from the Japanese Filmworks, anyway... I don't know how much I'd enjoy the rest.

I can take Roland in 2012-mode but not making important' movies. PATRIOT was a travesty, racist, chauvinistic propaganda...made by a gay man, tht makes the whole affair even sadder.

I can take Roland in 2012-mode but not making important' movies. PATRIOT was a travesty, racist, chauvinistic propaganda...made by a gay man, tht makes the whole affair even sadder.

What has him being gay got to do with anything?

And anyway, The Patriot was surely a better movie than 2012 or 10,000 BC for that matter!

What has him being gay got to do with anything?

And anyway, The Patriot was surely a better movie than 2012 or 10,000 BC for that matter!

:shakehead:

On both points.

Hey, 10,000 BC had Camilla Belle. Aren't you supposed to like her?

Yeah, she was great in it! :lol:

But unfortunately the plot of the movie couldn't have been any dumber...

The Patriot got dumb when it suggested the British would burn people alive inside a church just to capture one man. I used to question which historical epic movie I liked more, Braveheart, The Patriot, or Gladiator until I realized they all suck, and just watch Lawrence instead.

I voted for other. You know what I can honestly see coming next? Far and Away!

One of my all-time favorite scores ever, and the movie isn't that bad either!

Can anyone tell, how much music is missing from the OS album? All the highlights are there, aren't they?

Can anyone tell, how much music is missing from the OS album? All the highlights are there, aren't they?

Pretty much all the highlights are on the OST. The film version of the Land Race/Rush and film version of Oklahoma Territory and some smaller cues are missing from it but it is a really well rounded JW album.

Pretty much all the highlights are on the OST. The film version of the Land Race/Rush and film version of Oklahoma Territory and some smaller cues are missing from it but it is a really well rounded JW album.

What's wrong with you today, being OK with OSTs and not caring about complete score releases? First, MOH Airborne, now this. WTF, man? WTF?

I was trying to say that Far and Away might not be a priority if there are scores with more unreleased material. However if it is released in complete form I have no objections and will be among the first to buy it.

If we're talking about Far and Away, we might as well be talking about the 3 Oliver Stone movies, JFK, Born on the Fourth of July, and Nixon! :)

Don't have any of them.

Why not?

Too hard to get or just not interested? These 3 (especially JFK and Born) are some of my all-time favorites!