• Announcements

• Andreas

(UPDATE 1) Server migration next weekend   11/26/16

Hi JWFAN.COM members,   Update: The migration need more time.   5-11. Dec. 2016.   The server is ready, a dedicated system:   Intel Xeon® E3-1225v3 Quad-Core 32 GB DDR3 RAM 2x 512 GB SSD   New os: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Plesk Onyx Management system
      Server backup 250 GB, not the same datacenter. External backup   Server location: DataDock in Strasbourg
      Fully redundant MPLS ring structure with a total capacity of 550 Gbit/s Core backbone Frankfurt-Strasbourg: 100 Gbit, Deutsche Telekom: 17x 10Gbit,
      Level(3): 10x 10Gbit, TeliaSonera: 8x 10Gbit, Cogent: 5x 10Gbit, Telefónica: 3x 10Gbit,
      DE-CIX: 6 x 10Gbit, ECIX: 6 x 10 Gbit Uptime 99.99%  (Network)     server migration next weekend.
      3 or 4. Dec. 2016.   I post a update when I start the migration.
      JWFAN.COM is offline for 3-4 hours.   Andreas  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pixie_twinkle

Lullaby versions of John Williams music and other sci-fi themes

17 posts in this topic

:lol: Imperial March sounds like Danny Elfman had arranged it during his Edward Scissorhands and Batman Return phase.

For those who have spotify, it's on there.

I love the X-Files one - it's even spookier when done in a more childlike manner.

For those who have spotify, it's on there.

I love the X-Files one - it's even spookier when done in a more childlike manner.

Agreed!

I've only heard three samples, and I keep waiting for it to kick into the rest of The Neverending Story.

These are actually really cool! The Imperial March rendition gave me the chills...really creepy, not sure I could sleep to that...

I immediately thought of this lullaby technique that JW himself uses. For example, the intro to Hedwig's Theme, Turtle Doves, Listening to Carson, The Nursery, A Tree For My Bed etc.

This is such an awesome collection! And perfect choices all around, it has like a theme from each of my core favorite films! Haha!

I notice there is a CD version available, but it is a CD-R. I wonder, when they make their CD-Rs, do they master it from the 320 MP3s they sell or is it from a FLAC or similar source? Does anyone know how Amazon goes about this? I'm just imagining if it is actually worse to get the CD-R quality-wise in case you rip from it.

Ya, there are a lot of weird chord progressions there, but not like any non-film score fanatic will notice :)

He, he....cute. Sounds like something that could be tailored to my taste these days, as I've veered more and more towards the calm and more away from the bombastic.

But to be fair, it sounds very cheap and stuff. So no. :)