My Piano solo tribute to Christopher Reeve (john williams music inside)

Martyprod

Hello, i'm Didier, the crazy guy who post all the williams video on the youtube channel www.youtube.com/martyprod2 that you maybe know...

i recorded and did this tribute to Mr Reeve, who was a pianist as well. i did the video using a special "technic" ... (it's explained at the beginning of the video).
i played my own version of can you read my mind from john Williams, and somewhere in time from john barry.

the video is subtitled in english, english impaired, and in french. soon, it will have italian, spanish, and romanian subtitles. thanks for your support

link to the video on youtube :

the recording is a one take recording.

Thanks for your comments !
Didier.

PS : i have a website there : www.didiermartini.com . i did a lot of other tribute who are on youtube or on my website if interested. Thanks.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful playing Didier. I'm very sorry to hear about your hearing impairment. It must be awful, not hearing anything, whilst you used to hear.

hello, thanks for your comments !

to answer both of you, i'm not deaf and i'm not suffering from hearing impairment but the complete reverse. it's called hyperacousis, and i hear any sound so loud that it became pure pain. that's mean i can't listen to any sound, like water, piano, music, rain, freezer sound, Tv sound, etc

i'm as well electricity sensible, so i can't use Flat LCD screen, or being close to any Wireless things, i spent a lot of time to find CRT monitor who was not giving me too much headachefortunatly..

because of this , i can't going out in the street as well, and i live in my flat since 2009 without having seen the outside world since then like in a prison, with my friend "tinnitus" and "silence" ... you're forced to live in silence, but in your head, there is no silence at all because of the tinnitus, only noise.

the only way for me to continue to make music was to do it without turning the amp on ... so trying to "hear" the music in my head , and with he help of what i learned in musical theory and notation, i studied piano only during 3 years in my life (i'm mainly self teached) but i had the chance to have one of the best french piano player as a teacher and worked during 6 months as a jazz gig pianist, it helped me a lot. because it was in the jazz area, i could make music, as composer and improvisator without the need of a sheet. all of this make it possible to record music for me without hearing at all what i play. but there are some limits.

the weirdest thing is that i didn't listened to the music i recorded yet. so you're listning this tribute , where i did the video editing too where there is sound, without hearing any sound.

i want to thanks someone who is on this forum, the french horn player, Marc Papeghin, who help me a lot to tell me where i did any video editing issue, or if my video is out of sync, if i did sustain issue in my piano playing, of if my recording just suck lol :).

i try to record everything in one take and first take only. 99% of all the tunes i did on piano are first take. well known issue : more take you record, more bad it become :) .

other project will come soon using this technique. for now, i'm only posting cover on youtube.

thanks for listening my story :)

Sorry to hear about this, Didier. If it's any consolation, you would never be able to tell that you couldn't hear what you were playing/editing if it weren't for the warning at the beginning of the video.

I'm sorry to hear about your predicament, Didier.

I've had chronic tinnitus myself since 2009 (chronic buzzing in my left ear), but not to your extent, obviously. I can still move about in public spaces, and I've learned certain precautions I can take in certain settings to minimize further damage.

Hope the music making -- in some form or fashion -- keeps your life energy flowing!

As with the others, I'm quite sorry to hear about your condition Didier. If it is of any consolation, I find your playing remarkably beautiful. I've come across your channel many times before, and judging from this clip, there's no doubt you must be a talented musician. It really is a shame that you suffer from tinnutus and that you can't really enjoy the music you create. But thank you for sharing this with us, and please continue to do so. I can't speak for others, but you've certainly made me a fan of yours.

Sorry to hear about this, Didier. If it's any consolation, you would never be able to tell that you couldn't hear what you were playing/editing if it weren't for the warning at the beginning of the video.

hi you're maybe right ... but i took the decision to put a message before each videos, as a strong message, that life is never ended except if you die. Mr Reeve showed that to us. his "physical issue" didn't stoped him to do big things :) ... i want to do the same, showing that even without the main thing to do what you live, there is always a way to continue your path ... even if it's hard :) ...

I'm sorry to hear about your predicament, Didier.

I've had chronic tinnitus myself since 2009 (chronic buzzing in my left ear), but not to your extent, obviously. I can still move about in public spaces, and I've learned certain precautions I can take in certain settings to minimize further damage.

Hope the music making -- in some form or fashion -- keeps your life energy flowing!

yes, the power of the music is so strong that it help to survive to everything.

hi you're maybe right ... but i took the decision to put a message before each videos, as a strong message, that life is never ended except if you die. Mr Reeve showed that to us. his "physical issue" didn't stoped him to do big things :) ... i want to do the same, showing that even without the main thing to do what you live, there is always a way to continue your path ... even if it's hard :) ...

Oh yeah, I'm not suggesting that you take the warning off. I just think you should know that your condition doesn't affect the music you produce in any noticeable way.

As with the others, I'm quite sorry to hear about your condition Didier. If it is of any consolation, I find your playing remarkably beautiful. I've come across your channel many times before, and judging from this clip, there's no doubt you must be a talented musician. It really is a shame that you suffer from tinnutus and that you can't really enjoy the music you create. But thank you for sharing this with us, and please continue to do so. I can't speak for others, but you've certainly made me a fan of yours.

thank you very much ! upcoming project will be an alan menken tribute with an amazing singer from florida ... and the next tribute will be a tribute to yoda playing yoda and the force, death of yoda (i'm still searching a way to find the sheet for this :) ), and yoda's theme. we will do something special with Marc soon too (the horn player, check him here : www.marcpapeghin.com if you don't know who he is, his version of asteroid field is just insane :(yes, i can sometimes listen to sound during few seconds) ).

i will do using the same technic (no hearing) a tribute as well to one of my ancestor, who was one of the main influence, mentor and one of the teacher of mozart and johann christian bach.

Oh yeah, I'm not suggesting that you take the warning off. I just think you should know that your condition doesn't affect the music you produce in any noticeable way.

hoo, thank you very much !! i'm so full of doubt after each recording... "did it suck ?" "did i played it bad ?" i send the song to marc, and he tells me "no .." lol, ok :) and i'm making the video... it still hard to beleive for myself that it's not suck ... ... maybe when i'll be able to listen to all this again, i'll find everything bad lol ... (it's a psychosomatic illness, so the ability to have my hearing back can happen anytime.).

Beautiful playing Didier. :) Keep up the good work!

And I am really sorry to hear of your hearing impairment. It would be difficult to any person but to a one who clearly loves music it must be doubly frustrating. But you have managed to create wonderful music despite of that which I find a great show of spirit. As I said above keep up the good work. :)

Beautiful playing Didier. :) Keep up the good work!

And I am really sorry to hear of your hearing impairment. It would be difficult to any person but to a one who clearly loves music it must be doubly frustrating. But you have managed to create wonderful music despite of that which I find a great show of spirit. As I said above keep up the good work. :)

Thank you very much !