John Williams: Superman of Movie Music (Concert - Halle Orchestra - Bridgewater Hall)

aj_vader

Anyone going to this concert?

The programme includes music from:

Superman

Towering Inferno

JFK

Star Wars

E.T.

Hook

Indiana Jones

Jurassic Park

Schindler’s List

Poseidon Adventure

Jaws

Saving Private Ryan

Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone

Stephen Bell conductor

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a link, aj_vader, as I suspect not everyone will know that Bridgewater Hall is in Gunchester Manchester:

http://www.halle.co....nth=6&year=2012

I would love to hear The Towering Inferno and The Poseidon Adventure in concert, but doubt I can make this one. It's great that there are so many concerts in the UK this year devoted to John Williams - this is at least the sixth one I know of and it should be a treat for you northern folk.

:john:

I really want the Imperial March! (suprise :drool: )

really looking forward to Hook live

Which other UK programs are there? im going to the Sci-Fi one in Birmingham in July aswell.

Which other UK programs are there?

The City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra is doing a Williams concert in Nottingham this month (as posted recently by Karol), while the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra is featuring all-Williams programmes in Poole and Bristol respectively over the next couple of weekends. October sees the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra's 80th birthday tribute to Williams at the Royal Albert Hall while the mighty London Symphony Orchestra pays its own tribute to Spielberg and Williams in November at the Barbican in London.

Oh I love there are so many Williams concerts this year! We had our own(JW 80 years) on January and it was sold out weeks before.

I hope it will become a tradition yearly basis...and also the rarer music will be performed...